Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

ok I may have mostly 4b hair lol I never can tell but I think 4b mostly with a patch of 4a in the back center 4c on the sides of the nape and the front edges and something in the front center
Ill take pics when I put my conditioner in

Eta pics
All pics are freshly washed saturated with conditioner.

tumblr_nn568viSfP1sb5e2eo1_400.jpg

Nape section. Very rough prone to tangling and knots.

tumblr_nn568viSfP1sb5e2eo2_400.jpg

tumblr_nn568viSfP1sb5e2eo3_540.jpg

Part that I think is 4a. Feels smooth easily straightened and clumps well. Longest section as well. Second picture is a single clump

tumblr_nn568viSfP1sb5e2eo4_400.jpg

Front weird portion barely a curl patten very rough and wiry hair strands doesn't hold a curl very well.

tumblr_nn568viSfP1sb5e2eo5_400.jpg

What the majority of my hair looks like. Thick strands small curl diameter when dry about the size of a pen spring.

Hair in a two strand twist out.
tumblr_nn591n97lx1sb5e2eo1_1280.png

Last edited:
ok I may have mostly 4b hair lol I never can tell but I think 4b mostly with a patch of 4a in the back center 4c on the sides of the nape and the front edges and something in the front center

Eta pics

Part that I think is 4a. Feels smooth easily straightened and clumps well. Longest section as well. Second picture is a single clump

Front weird portion barely a curl patten very rough and wiry hair strands doesn't hold a curl very well.

What the majority of my hair looks like. Thick strands small curl diameter when dry about the size of a pen spring.

That is not 4b hair or even 4a! You look like you are in the 3 range. I'm 4a and my hair looks like ink pen coils. Much kinkier than yours.

Eta pics

In my opinion if those shots of your hair are when wet, you could fall within the 3-4 range. I say I am 4c/4b and my coils are like pen spring size but they do elongate a a little when wet. This is my hair (what you can see is dry).2015-04-21_11.31.07.jpg

You maybe more of a 4a with some 4b sprinkled/hidden in there. Lol 4b has some coil texture, but not as defined.

My hair has gel shingled through it and I exclusively finger comb/ detangle. My hair only looks defined because of this.

Last edited:
Pic of the size of defined 4b that the hair chart is based on. Again having tangled, matted, wiry, dry hair etc has nothing to do with hair type. That's due to improper hair care. If a white girl with nearly bone straight hair was wiry,tangled etc that doesn't make her 4b/c. Those are conditions of the hair not a type

4BHairDryUnmanipulated-vi.jpg

4avs4b-vi.jpg

Examples of "clumped" 4b.

You maybe more of a 4a with some 4b sprinkled/hidden in there. Lol 4b has some coil texture, but not as defined.

Definition has nothing to do with it. Not everyone's hair grows in the same direction for it to clump together in a thicker coil. Size in diameter is the only indication of hair type if you are basing it on the Andre Walker chart. Her coils are smaller than 4a. I am 4a 4b, there is a clear difference in size

Definition has nothing to do with it. Not everyone's hair grows in the same direction for it to clump together in a thicker coil. Size in diameter is the only indication of hair type if you are basing it on the Andre Walker chart. Her coils are smaller than 4a. I am 4a 4b, there is a clear difference in size
I disagree and I don't even wanna read anything you have to say. I'm still not past you callin me a snow flake coon.

@JunMom2Be If your hair is not breaking and becoming damaged, stick with what works. I blowdry weekly. I'm not changing that. My hair responds well to some heat in the mix.
I am at a very awkward length and have been using a blowdryer (after it has air dried) to stretch/elongate my twistout. I see a lot of youtubers doing this. Is this a HUGE no-no?

I finally found something to keep my daughter's dry 4b hair moisturized for longer than an hour... I have a huge bottle of Mane n Tail conditioner in my guest bathroom that I rarely use, but something told me to use it for her 2 strand twists. Her hair is still hydrated a full day later and her twists look chunkier. I have tried like everything on her hair. Even my beloved Kerastase products didn't work for her, so I am relieved to have found something that works!

I finally found something to keep my daughter's dry 4b hair moisturized for longer than an hour... I have a huge bottle of Mane n Tail conditioner in my guest bathroom that I rarely use, but something told me to use it for her 2 strand twists. Her hair is still hydrated a full day later and her twists look chunkier. I have tried like everything on her hair. Even my beloved Kerastase products didn't work for her, so I am relieved to have found something that works!

Tell us more. What else do you use on her hair. What shampoo, conditioner, etc.

Maybe I will try out this mane and tail.

I cowash her hair with Vo5 Raspberry or Kiwi Lime, because it softens her hair and gives me enough slip to detangle. Afterwards I style it in plaits, twists, or ponies. I have use Neutrogena Silk Touch and it was a fail. Too watery and it evaporated instantly. Hot six oil and Mane n tail give her moisture for 2-3 days.

I rarely use shampoo, but when I do I use Cream of Nature Argan oil.

Loc method I use Aloe juice, mane n tail and castor or hot six oil. I usually cowash twice a week, but her twists still look good so I will wait until they get fuzzy.

Hello ladies. The daily rinse continues...with a twist. Ran across this chick on YouTube "Dephne Madyara" and she has a video called "Doing African Threading For Hair Growth & Retention". So now, I braid my hair in 4 sections, leaving about 1.5 inches open on the end and thread the rest using her method. I'm leaving in the braids for a week, and then repeat. I just started this week and I will report back on the condition of my ends. Cheers!:toocool:

Back