Not Washing Hair

carmella25

I know of a woman how only wash hair hair once a year. She used olive oil for three months, then wheat germ oil for 3 months, and the vitamin e oil for 3 months, and the she would start the routine all over again. She grew her hair to hair brastrap in a year.

I end up putting extensions in hair hair one day and after i was done my hand were black like charcoal.

i CANNOT imagine. if i did that, i bet my hair would stink to high heaven. anyway, that wouldn't work for me because i actually like washing my hair when it's not shedding so much...

adrienne

O my God Caremella25! I just posted the same exact thing after you. I heard about her like a year ago. This is weird I just thought about it out of the blue. We posted about the same time that is really strange!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I know of a woman how only wash hair hair once a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang! Looks like a very common practice!! I just posted something about it on another thread.
I would end up with no scalp from scratching it, but the girl I know says washing her hair prevents it from growing.

F.

Ugh that just sounds like a nasty unhygenic practise that I wouldn't even want to even consider no matter how much my hair grew in a year. All that oil in the hair not to mention what it would smell like in hot weather or when she sweats.
It's still drummed into some people that the less they wash their hair the better it will be for them in the long. The hair may be supposedly "self cleaning" but with product build up and the scalp perspiring that needs help in the shampoo department.

i am sorry but that is truly gross!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif why did she stop doing that?? /images/graemlins/grin.gif(as if i need to ask /images/graemlins/mad.gif) she must have come to her senses

i must admit that i came across her regime about a 1.5 years ago and i nearly tried it!! she also said something about one of the oils acting as a cleansing agent. how can grease clean? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I end up putting extensions in hair hair one day and after i was done my hand were black like charcoal

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oooooooweeeee i can almost smell that woman. i wonder if mold grew in her hair from all the different oils and dirt marinating together. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif wheat germ oil alone stinks . i cant even fathom what it smells like left on for a whole year. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Should I even post this?! Oh what the hey, my hair sistas will understand. Okay, so last year on my quest for hair care, I came across carmella's post regarding the oils and no washing. So....... /images/graemlins/blush.gifI tried it! Yes I did /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I don't think my hair likes all that oil, because it mostly dripped onto my collars and had people thinking something was seriously wrong with me. At the same time I began to transition and chose to wear cornrows. I had to rinse my hair a few times because it would collect so much crap that there was no way I could go to work with junk in my hair. That wheat germ oil STANKS.

I kept researching and thanks to this forum, I have seen the light /images/graemlins/cool.gif! I am now feeling the daily conditioner washes and herbal rinses (talk about a 180 degree turn in thinking) with my crown and glory braids. I won't know until January (IF I can wait that long) if this is all contributing to additional growth.

Thanks for understanding. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Happy Hair Growing

NubianQueen

Hi NubianQueen,

Live and learn girl. I don't blame you for trying it. Now that I think about it, washing my hair once every 2-3 weeks, and greasing my hair and scalp daily during that time amounted to the same thing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Carmella introduce me to this forum,
clap.gif
I was just about to start doing that treatment, and email her, and I was suprised she emailed me back ,she showed me the light
littleangel2.gif
I spend most of my time here and I am very happy, and got my sister to join Thanks Carmella
dance7.gif

ps wheat grem oil is very strong, and u dont want to use when ur going out
ohwell.gif
it is rich in vitamin e I still have not figured out how the oils r suppose to clean up after each other,
look.gif

It sounds nasty but I guess it worked for her! I couldn't do it.
nono.gif
Think of all the dirt, bugs and whatnot that can attract to oily hair over the span of a year!

I tried it right after reading Caramela post on another site, did not last long too, I do know Wheatgrem is very rich in v E, and it could help, but that is still too much and too long,

[ QUOTE ]
happylocks said:
Hey Carmella introduce me to this forum,
clap.gif
I was just about to start doing that treatment, and email her, and I was suprised she emailed me back ,she showed me the light
littleangel2.gif
I spend most of my time here and I am very happy, and got my sister to join Thanks Carmella
dance7.gif

ps wheat grem oil is very strong, and u dont want to use when ur going out
ohwell.gif
it is rich in vitamin e I still have not figured out how the oils r suppose to clean up after each other,
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I know me either. Thats just what my friend had told me. I dont do that method anymore. Its gross!

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
Can you just imagine the smell her hair would give off during the summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

barf.gif

Smelly, oily hair..
poke.gif

But I bet she wears or (wore) a bun so it couldnt have that bad if she went for a year like that....
barf.gif

Back