Not feeling the "new" Taliah Waajid Mist Bidifier

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I tried to give the new formulation a chance, it's not working for me or my daughters hair. :nono: It's not moisturizing anymore, it doesn't detangle like the last formulation. I finally had gotten used to and even learned to like the smell of coconuts. The smell is barely there. :rolleyes: The texture is kind of sticky not smooth like it used to be. :nono:
This current formulation is a major FAIL!!!!! :down::nono: I'm so pissed I'm thinking about tossing my last 2 bottles directly into the trash. :ohwell:
Unless they change the formulation back to the original that company will never get another penny of my money! :evil:
My daughter has WL hair and my hair is APL.....off to research another moisturizing detangling spray. :wallbash:

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

I feel you. I've been using the Taliah Waajid Kinky, Wavy, Natural Easy Herbal Comb Out...it softens and de-tangles as well as moisturizes and conditions...its for kids but it's been working for me, and it smells nice...

Oh no - TW has a new formula? I wonder what she took out? :nono: Well, I guess I'll have to find another moisturizer. Too bad... OP, if you find something comparable, please post.

HHG!

I recently got this from target n I wanted so bad to like it

It made my hair hard n dry

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

Oh no - TW has a new formula? I wonder what she took out? :nono: Well, I guess I'll have to find another moisturizer. Too bad... OP, if you find something comparable, please post.

HHG!

Someone posted the change in ingredients a few months ago

Old ingredients: pure distilled water, wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit bioflavonoids, ancient african herbal formula.

New ingredients: Water, propylene glycol, cetearth-20,cetrimonium bromide,wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk amino acid, bay laurel, dmdm hydantion, fragrance

I was browsing in a BSS near me a few months ago and saw this line and every single item I picked up had either propylene glycol, mineral oil, sulfates etc.

Wow, that's definitely a change in ingredients from the original formulation to the new. I never liked the old one though. Everyone raved about it but it seemed to leave a film on my hair and made it sticky. I ended up giving it away.

Oh no! That's one of my staples!! I haven't tried the new one yet but dang they are always messing up a good thing!

I find that using it with this recipe really makes it workable, so if you just want to get rid of it, try this modified Motown girl recipe:

1-8 oz. Pump Bottle
2 ounces Taliah Waajid
3 ounces Distilled Water
1/2 ounce Grapeseed oil (oil can be substituted)

Sometimes I think these folks create a great product to draw in the clients with the plan to downgrade to crappier ingredients once they have a fan base. What other rationale can there be? This is a small company so it's not like they can claim to be switching factories or all that nonsense the bigger companies like to use as their excuse for reformulating. What I don't get is why they think the customer is too stupid to notice or read ingredients.

I'm not sure which one I have but I'll be on the lookout. I let my mom try it and now she loves it too. Thanks for the heads up.

Well, the ingredients have changed once again on my new bottle, they are listed below along w/all previous versions I could find:

Previous ingredients:

Ingredients posted on lhcf 2009:
Pure Distilled Water, Wheat germ oil, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit biofalvonoids, anicent african herbal formula

Ingredients posted on lhcf 2010:
Water, propylene glycol, cetearth-20,cetrimonium bromide,wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk amino acid, bay laurel, dmdm hydantion, fragrance

Current Ingredients 2011:
Deionized water, Wheat germ extract, aloe vera leaf, cetrimonium bromide, cetyl alcohol, dmdm hydantoin, olive oil, glycerol (vegetable derived), silk amino acid, bay laurel extract, and fragrance

Well, the ingredients have changed once again on my new bottle, they are listed below along w/all previous versions I could find:

Previous ingredients:

Pure Distilled Water, Wheat germ oil, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit biofalvonoids, anicent african herbal formula

Water, propylene glycol, cetearth-20,cetrimonium bromide,wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk amino acid, bay laurel, dmdm hydantion, fragrance

Deionized water, Wheat germ extract, aloe vera leaf, cetrimonium bromide, cetyl alcohol, dmdm hydantoin, olive oil, glycerol (vegetable derived), silk amino acid, bay laurel extract, and fragrance

Are the 2011 ingredients better than the 2010 ingredients?

I guess the only way to make sure the formula in your products stays is the same is to make it yourself!

Last edited:
Dont like the spray...

*The cream silk detangler works very well/May-be try that one...

Happy Hair Growing!

I find that using it with this recipe really makes it workable, so if you just want to get rid of it, try this modified Motown girl recipe:

1-8 oz. Pump Bottle
2 ounces Taliah Waajid
3 ounces Distilled Water
1/2 ounce Grapeseed oil (oil can be substituted)
Thanks, will give that a try because right now, it makes my hair sticky. I thought I was spritzing too much but I eased up on the amount of spritzs and to date, same sticky/dry results.

Previous ingredients:

All my bottles are LHCF 2010.

I've been wondering why I have had to add so much oil to my bottles lately.

ARRRGGGGHH!

No more of my money is going to be spent on them. Kinda shady how the formula keeps changing without the bottles plainly stating it.

TaliahWaajid #shameful

I have the 2010 and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!.

Dang the balsam, indian hemp and bee pollen are gone.

I AM SICK OF THESE COMPANIES WITH THIS BULLCRAP.

This was the product that made my ng soft at 8 weeks post and kept it that way for 3 days. I will give it a try and if its a no go I am sending that crap back.

Looks like Ms Waajid is due a letter from LHCH!!!!

Last edited:
everyone should tweet her....maybe she'll give a reason why or make the old formula available again. #desperation

I have the one with propylene glycol. I saw one without it at a beauty supply store and thought about getting it, but I felt ridiculous doing that when I have a 90% full bottle at home and I have no problem at all with the product

I really like it a lot. I still want to try another version though

If I can find some with the 2009 ingredients then I will repurchase otherwise :nono: :nono:

My last 2 bottles have the 2010 ingredients. :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Back