Nonie's 2009 Braids...

I never expect human hair ends to stay put when the hair is brand new, so I just keep redoing them when chilling watching TV till they are "trained". After a few washes, they unravel less and eventually stop. But for some reason, these ends seem to be holding better than I remember ever witnessing.

In 2007, when I used Wet N Wavy (Beverly Johnson) from the BSS, the hair behaved as I expected. It was only wavy at the very ends where I stopped braiding when they were freshly done:
BraidsApril2007-vi.jpg

Later when I washed my hair, the hair unraveled up to where my hair ended and only then did the entire area beyond my own hair get wavy (after being wet and unraveling).
Afterawash-vi.jpg

With this hair, the wavy part you see is the part beyond my hair but I am surprised to see it wavy even though it is braided and even before I wet it. I don't know if this is common with hisandher (last time I had their hair was 2005 so I cannot remember) but I like! :yep: I guess the waves are helping the hair stay braided to the ends better?
fbraidedendsHisandHerWaterWave-vi.jpg

These braids look really good. How many hours did it take for you to complete?

These braids look really good. How many hours did it take for you to complete?

The braids you quoted took about 8-9 hours to do and were only 10 inches long (I do braid to the ends).

The braids I'm currently wearing took much longer coz I was so not in the mood. I took several naps (I counted four naps) in the middle of doing them and was also online typing :rolleyes: and generally not focused at all. When I did focus (after realizing I was almost out of a weekend and so got a movie to watch<--always helps me focus), it took me 6 hours to do the wider half my head--from ears forward. So I'm guessing if I had been focused, maybe it would have taken ten to twelve hours to do. The braids I'm wearing now are 14 inches long. This was after I washed them mid-week:
IMG_5069-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Back