Nonie's 2009 Braids...

Great Job Nonie... The result is fabulous... You did them by yourself...WoW you are very talented and patient :)

Nonie...I know you are not turning into a weavatron cussing folks out over hair:lachen:

:rofl: Chile, I was fit to be tied. Now you must remember I hardly ever deal with my hair out of braids or twists unless I intend to wear a puff. And I NEVER ever wash my hair out of tiny braids or twists. But I had just pressed my hair last week and had been wearing it straight. When I saw the box from H&H, I didn't even bother opening it but immediately put my hair into 8 plaits to wash it and ready it for braids. That wasn't fun. I swear undoing braids and redoing during washing is so time consuming that by the time I was done, I was just ready to put my hair away. So imagine my horror when I finally opened the box to find the wrong hair. I first thought I had to return it and was livid coz this long weekend was the perfect time to do my hair leisurely. Who TH was going to deal with my hair until I got my replacement and what about my time??? I mean, I'm so spoiled by twists and I rarely have them all out at one time, the I was overwhelmed by the thought of having to twist it all only to untwist it all again and braid. Plus after wearing my hair straight and enjoying the ease of combing and styling within minutes, I so didn't want to comb it out daily (lawd knows w/ the gentleness I treat these strands, I'd never get ready in time for anything) and wished I had known of the error sooner so I'd not have washed my hair just yet. Oooh... Chile. :bat:

But I just spoke to them just now (They responded to my email and contacted me by phone) and they were so sorry, which I appreciated (I wasn't even mad anymore) and offered my a $20 credit towards next purchase. So our love has been rekindled. :kissing4:

But seriously their hair has never let me down so I couldn't let this one incident come between us.

Last edited:
Thank you, Ladies. It's really awkward going from short hair to suddenly BSL hair and it takes me a while to stop feeling like a drag queen after I put them in, but your kind remarks are helping me get comfortable with it fast and therefore are deeply appreciated.

Darn it nonieeeeee,

I am looking through my hair stash now......

I will be braiding up!!!

...even though she's couldn't join the 2009 C&G Challenge. :look:

After a weekend of not being serious and lots of napping (thank God for the extra day!) I'm pleased to say that I have finally finished braiding my hair. Here is a glimpse of my new do:

Braids041209-vi.jpg

Hair used: Hisandher.com Water Wave #1B 28"

(BTW, hisandher.com sent weave hair instead of braiding hair sending me into a major conniption, but when my effort to cuss someone out was met by an answering machine, I calmed down and decided to cut the track part out and make the most of it as I didn't have time to return it for an exchange--this is the weekend I wanted to do my hair dammit! I worried the hair would not be enough as it looked less than the braiding hair I remember, but I was pleasantly proved wrong.)

Love, want, need! Between this and that YT video I saw on the Bohemian Curl, I am doing this in June.

Why did you want the Hisandhers hair? I'm not up on hair like that, cause my kinky and senegalese twists just require me to walk into the local BSS.

It looks great. Are your ends staying put? I know I had issues with my ends curling around itself when I did these open ended braids.

Love, want, need! Between this and that YT video I saw on the Bohemian Curl, I am doing this in June.

Why did you want the Hisandhers hair? I'm not up on hair like that, cause my kinky and senegalese twists just require me to walk into the local BSS.

I wanted hisandher hair because I wanted close to 30 inches of hair so I'd have an ample length beyond my own that I could use heat on as I pleased. The BSS usually doesn't get to those lengths, but I do get their hair when my hair is shorter. Also hisandher quality is so much better. I've bought BSS hair and found shorter hair amidst the long ones, but with hisandher I never have that problem. Plus since I keep the hair in for so long, I figured I could treat myself. Also the hair lasts me a long time. For instance:

This were my freshly done braids, ends curled, Dec 2003:
FreshlyDoneBraidsDec2003-vi.jpg

Same extension hair used again in Jan 2005 (a braidout):
Back2BraidsnofaceJan2005-vi.jpg

Same extensions as in Jan 2005 but hair worn straight, ends curled (March 2005):
StraightBraids-vi.jpg

It looks great. Are your ends staying put? I know I had issues with my ends curling around itself when I did these open ended braids.

I never expect human hair ends to stay put when the hair is brand new, so I just keep redoing them when chilling watching TV till they are "trained". After a few washes, they unravel less and eventually stop. But for some reason, these ends seem to be holding better than I remember ever witnessing.

In 2007, when I used Wet N Wavy (Beverly Johnson) from the BSS, the hair behaved as I expected. It was only wavy at the very ends where I stopped braiding when they were freshly done:
BraidsApril2007-vi.jpg

Later when I washed my hair, the hair unraveled up to where my hair ended and only then did the entire area beyond my own hair get wavy (after being wet and unraveling).
Afterawash-vi.jpg

With this hair, the wavy part you see is the part beyond my hair but I am surprised to see it wavy even though it is braided and even before I wet it. I don't know if this is common with hisandher (last time I had their hair was 2005 so I cannot remember) but I like! :yep: I guess the waves are helping the hair stay braided to the ends better?
fbraidedendsHisandHerWaterWave-vi.jpg

Last edited:
All Hail Nonie.... the Braid Queen....Dang girl.... you have it goin'on - reusing hair and all.

I reuse hair too - but Wow. I am impressed that you keep 100%.

aww it looks lovely girl

now i know who's braiding my hair next!:giggle:

imagine that a LHCF braider , someone that can look after your hair and not cause you pain , try and comb your hair with a fine tooth comb and cause unneccesary hair loss!!

Your hair looks Beautiful. :grin::grin:I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who braided their hair this past weekend. Yours look great. I still need some practice doing mine. (It was my first attempt) I'll post pics soon.

Back