non -water based products

gradygirl

I've been trying different moisterizers for my hair to see which one that does my hair the best and I have noticed that my hair does not like a wet moisterizer. I have tried S curl, provective split ends creme, vitapointe, as well as some other stuff that after I applied them if it had a watery consistency my hair would shed even after it dried in my hair but I tried provective non - water based moisterizer(pink bottle) and my hair did not shed. Does anyone know why my hair would respond to the water in these moisterizers that way? I'm texturized but I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not. Does anyone know of any other non - water based products for moisture and sheen?
Thanks

Are you referring to profectiv long and healthy? I love that stuff!

Now to your question...

Is your hair shedding or breaking? Maybe the presence of water has nothing to do with it and you are just in need of a protein treatment.

Yes that's the profectiv I'm talking about. As for as shedding or breaking, I think it's a combo of both. I used Motions CPR a couple of times but I did not like the results so I tried Nexxus Keraphix and it is doing better. I also started using Nexxus Humectress and Therappe about a month ago and I like both of them. The Profective seems to soak into my hair while some other products just seem to sit on my hair.
Thanks for the response

Back