no more lurking...

southerncitygirl

Hey :grin:
As a bday gift to self I got a subscription. I have natural hair that is armpit length and am trying to get to bs or maybe even ws. I have several staples and because of you guys I put oil on my ends to protect them and pre-poo consistently ( makes for uber easy detangling along iwth my trusty shower comb. Here's what i use:
pre-poo: mayo,oil and molasses
shampoo and condtioner : aubrey white camellia, island naturals or honeysuckle rose
leave-in/ detangler: kbb hair nectar
moisturizer: afroveda shea amla or kbb hair nectar

I protective style by wearing a wig and wearing celie style braids underneath that a put in a loose ponytail and tuck the ends under. I got my ends dusted in spetember and will unveil my hair in the next 6-8 months ( by pressing last done in mid september), unless I do a twist out. Happy to be here!

Welcome and happy belated B-Day! ! I lurked a long time before I subscribed also, wanted to make sure I would be getting my moneys worth. I have never tried molasses my hair but love honey, I will have to give it a try also.

Welcome to the forum! You are in the company of some of the kindest and most innovative women in the world. I am sure that you will learn alot here and please do share your experiences as well.

Happy Hair Growing!!

Back