No more coarse hair

locabouthair

I don't know why but I have noticed that my hair strands have gotten somewhat finer and I can feel the difference as well. My hair used to feel like a brillo pad and it feels a lot softer. Yesterday I did an aphogee treatment which I haven't done in a while after that I put some dove conditioner and sat under the dryer. I almost never do my deep conditioners with heat this was the first time in months. I also started using s curl while I was wearing conrows but since washing my hair I haven't used the s curl. so I'm not sure what it is that has made my hair finer or if this is temporary. I am probably going to conditioner wash 2night and then ill see if i notice a difference. I always thought my hair was naturally coarse like that now I am wondering if it was something I was doing to it to cause it to stay like that. Has this happened to anyone? Anyone have any idea why this happened?

locabouthair said:
I don't know why but I have noticed that my hair strands have gotten somewhat finer and I can feel the difference as well. My hair used to feel like a brillo pad and it feels a lot softer. Yesterday I did an aphogee treatment which I haven't done in a while after that I put some dove conditioner and sat under the dryer. I almost never do my deep conditioners with heat this was the first time in months. I also started using s curl while I was wearing conrows but since washing my hair I haven't used the s curl. so I'm not sure what it is that has made my hair finer or if this is temporary. I am probably going to conditioner wash 2night and then ill see if i notice a difference. I always thought my hair was naturally coarse like that now I am wondering if it was something I was doing to it to cause it to stay like that. Has this happened to anyone? Anyone have any idea why this happened?

Maybe it was scab hair? Or maybe it wasn't getting the products it really liked?

My 4b hair at the very front of my head is not coarse--it's not curl defined, but still soft. If fact, I have not run into properly moisturized 4b hair that was not soft (even if it looked like it would be).

I've noticed that my underneath hair layer (4a/4b) was feeling coarse last week. I used my moisture spritz, leave-in, and some flaxseed gel on that area, and what do you know--that "coarse" hair was so soft (and the coils were more defined as a side benefit). So now I realize that that bottom hair layer wasn't getting enough moisture--it too can be soft.

I think it was the S-curl spraying when you had the braids. That S-curl is the bomb for moisture I like to use it 2x's a day on the NG mainly since I'm relaxed, and Deep condition work wonders to especially when used on a regular basis. I guess you finally gave your hair the moisture it was begging for, lol, so keep up that moisturizing everyday and always Deep Cond. ;)

I noticed that if I use my denman on a section, then braid it and let it dry, my hair comes out very silky. But if I don't brush it first, it feels coarse. I think the denman helps lay down the cuticle layer, making the hair feel less coarse.

I believe it was the s-curl.
I use StaSofFro and my hair is fuffly soft to the touch. No coarsness anywhere.

Back