No Love Lost?

syze6

So you have chemistry with this guy and may see yourself seeing where it goes. You find out from an associate that the guy has an std (incurable) The associate is a very reliable source who knows the ex. Do you have a conversation about it or do you move on since it's still early in the relationship.

Was listening to a conversation on the train between two women. I wanted to turn around and tell her to run for the hills so bad. Forget how cool he is, how nice he looks .Try your luck with a guy who is disease free! I would get ghost on him so fast!:lachen:

Last edited:
I would thank the gods for their free blessing and move the hell ln to safer and cleaner pastures.

I was biting my lips but if my stop had not come up I would have gotten in that conversation. You better believe he probably hasn't even mentioned it to her. These man will sleep with you thinking as long as they have condoms. No way I'm laying under someone wondering if a condom is coming off and I get ANYTHING! :lachen:

Trust but Verify.

Unless it was one of my close friends I don't know how a potential dudes STD status just rcomes up in a conversation with an acquaintance. I find the concept of randoms wanting to warn another woman about a dude suspect. I would ask dude outright if he was willing to get tested for STD's specifically the one I was told and let me see the results before we moved forward. If there's hemming and hawing or a confession then I have my answer.

Trust but Verify.

Unless it was one of my close friends I don't know how a potential dudes STD status just rcomes up in a conversation with an acquaintance. I find the concept of randoms wanting to warn another woman about a dude suspect. I would ask dude outright if he was willing to get tested for STD's specifically the one I was told and let me see the results before we moved forward. If there's hemming and hawing or a confession then I have my answer.

From what I gathered from the conversation the girl knew the ex girlfriend who confirmed the guy had the std because he gave it to her.

Yep I’d swiftly proceed to blocking him as I ask (Just seems like the right thing to do): “so what should we do now?”

By the time we hung up, if he called back he would get the “im sorry the subscriber is no longer valid”.

After that I’d only mention him in prayer.
:lachen::lachen:

Even so, I'd suggest that we both get an STD panel before we have sex, and let that be the reason. The ex could have the herp, but maybe she didn't get it from him, but thinks she did? Best way to resolve this is with some testing (and word to the wise she should probably get one before being intimate with any dude).

Even so, I'd suggest that we both get an STD panel before we have sex, and let that be the reason. The ex could have the herp, but maybe she didn't get it from him, but thinks she did? Best way to resolve this is with some testing (and word to the wise she should probably get one before being intimate with any dude).

If it was confirmed it was the Herp, would you continue the relationship or get out before you get caught up? Like another poster said people have become so lax about STD these days.

If it was confirmed it was the Herp, would you continue the relationship or get out before you get caught up? Like another poster said people have become so lax about STD these days.

No. I would get out, especially because he wasn't upfront with me from the get. I think people with an incurable STD should be upfront about it to allow the other person to decide whether they want to pursue. Candidly, if I had an incurable STD, I'd probably only seek and date similarly conditioned folks. But that's just me.

No. I would get out, especially because he wasn't upfront with me from the get. I think people with an incurable STD should be upfront about it to allow the other person to decide whether they want to pursue. Candidly, if I had an incurable STD, I'd probably only seek and date similarly conditioned folks. But that's just me.

I think anytime you know you have an incurable disease and don't tell that person,, you are playing God with their health. Just strapping on a condom and not telling them makes it worse. People have underlying conditions in their body, that catching an std can leave them vulnerable to other health issues.

I was watching a show I believe on oxygen. The man had HIV and had infected I think up to 15 women. He knowingly entered into relationships with them and never disclosed it. He ended up getting sentenced and his excuse was that he was in denial about it. He had not accepted he had HIV and just went on about his normal way. One of the women had suffered other health issues due to it. The psychological effect alone, I could imagine is horrible. He had the nerve to say he felt he was the victim!

I know Genital Herpes isn't HIV but I think anyone who knows they have it and don't mention it is selfish.

Back