No checking length challenge.......join if you want

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in!! I'll go to April 28th though...That's MY B-DAY!!! Hey, let's set the day to Naptrl's B-DAy!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great idea!!! good luck.

Another idea..ladies if you need to relax hair sooner, why not airdry after relaxing or do braid-out that way you won't see the true length of the hair, this is even better for texturized heads like myself.

I'm in. I'm on the bun challenge so it should be easy for me. I don't really measure a lot anyway. When I touch up I have my stylist put my hair in an updo. Then the next time I wash it goes back into a bun. Changing my siggy now...

Okay, My cousin's wedding is on November 13th (i'm the matron of honor), so I'm gonna get micros. My hair is natural, so I'm going to have to get my hair pressed before I get the braids, so my little curls won't be sticking out everywhere. So, I'll have to cheat a little, but I'll get back on track after that!

I'M IN /images/graemlins/smile.gif, I've really been looking TOO HARD in the mirror lately since I'm relaxed now and my hair is finally on my back /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I'm in, I don't measure, but I do stretch to see my length. Anyway, I take a picture of my hair stretched, still do regular updates and do the stretched length 6 months later.

I will join /images/graemlins/smile.gif I do not plan on checkingmy length until April 2005, so my album will be boring for the time being. However the wig section I will update. I want 3 inches by 4-6-05 (my birthday) so I am crossing my fingers.

You guys I will need support to stay away from the camera.

Good luck ladies! I can't wait to see the results in April. I'd join too but I'm in the "12inches/12mos" challenge so I'll be measuring again in December. Besides, I have to blow dry my hair straight to trim....

eta: is anybody going to take b4 & after pics? /images/graemlins/poke.gif

My before pic is in my avatar, i'm taking after pictures in April, if you ladies wish you could post your results with pictures.

I'm in. Im transitioning with layers, shrinkage and all so this will be helpful and lees fustrating for me. Im also keeping my hair up too so hopefully it will be a nice surprising present to see where I get on April 13(my birthday).

I'm in as well but with some personal modifications. I won't measure until December 30th because that's my two year nappiversary and I want to see if I reached one of my goals. But after that, I won't measure (stretching, pulling out the ruler, etc) until April 13th.

This is going to be so hard because I stretch my hair all the time!

-Ebony

Re: Great idea!

I have to count myself out of this one now...I already failed by showing comparison pics of how much my hair has grown from July until now...Sorry... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was wondering where this thread went. I wanted to bump it up the other day for Miz Avalon, who FORGOT she was on the challenge!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering where this thread went. I wanted to bump it up the other day for Miz Avalon, who FORGOT she was on the challenge!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*Hanging head in shame* I completely forgot until you mentioned it Naptrl, lol. I may even consider putting it in my siggy, so there's no forgetting because I can just see myself doing the old familiar "pull down let's see what we got" move after I wash my hair this weekend. Thanks again for reminding me! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Count me in too. I am on the brastrap by 2006 challenge and since I am new to the boards,I don't want to drive myself crazy by measuring all of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Count me in too. I am on the brastrap by 2006 challenge and since I am new to the boards,I don't want to drive myself crazy by measuring all of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too

I washed my hair this weekend and was really worried, that I would forget about the challenge and do the old "pull down and let's see what we got" move, but I didn't at all! I think I'll be able to last until April! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I washed my hair this weekend and was really worried, that I would forget about the challenge and do the old "pull down and let's see what we got" move, but I didn't at all! I think I'll be able to last until April! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good on you MizAvalon /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Well, as I promised, I cheated on the challenge this morning. I got my hair pressed because I have to get micro braids on saturday for my cousin's wedding. The good thing is that my hair is growing like crazy. BAd thing is I hated getting my hair pressed. My hair smells like the pressing comb and she was burning my head left and right. My hair is extra cute though. Oh well, my last press until April!!

Confession! I had my hair flat ironed and trimmed October 28th...and I took a few progress pics. I won't be doing it anymore though. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm a little late to this but I'm in. I haven't offically checked my length since April but I do the stretching thing, so I think this would be good challenge for me.

Count me in. I'm on the brastrap by 2006 challenge and I'm new like Sharee, I don't want to drive myself insane by measuring all of the time.

Thin Hair
Goal: long and healthy hair
Challenges: No measuring, 12 inches in 12 months, shoulder/armpit by end of 2005 and brastrap 2005.
Last relaxer:11/2004
http://public.fotki.com/shameen29/

I've been on this challenge all my life until I found the LHCF! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

But I only measured my hair for 2-3 months back when I joined and then stopped. I think because I felt like I would never have an accurate measurement with the new growth and underprocessed hair I would have!

So you can count me in on this challenge 4 sho'! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back