No checking length challenge.......join if you want

Nanyanika

I've recently become a little obsessed with checking my hair length and setting time constraints for acheiving different lengths, which is like watching grass grow and very discouraging when i see its not as long as i desire. even if no one is interested in this I'm going to post this anyway, i dare myself not to straighten including, (chemicals and heat) strecthing or measure hair to view the length for 6 whole months this is also suitable for those who are strecthing out relaxers also, i'm just gonna let it be and hopefully i'll see some progress. If anyone wants to join feel free and if i'm the only one, i'll still report back with my results. Just remember your starting length.....

perfect for me because I have kinky twists, plus I have major shrinkage. So this will be easy for me.

I'm on the stretching out relaxer challenge now, so I'll go ahead and join! I've become a little obsessed with measuring my hair now, so it would be great to surprise myself for the next touch up. Right now, I know the measurement of my hair, so I'll do it at the next touch up (which is Jan 1). /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Ladies that's great..READY..STEADY...NO CHECKING!!! someone find out the precise end dates for 6 months time starting from WEDNESDAY 13TH OCT.

Yep, April 13th...I'll join..that will be 3 days after my bday.. and maybe I'll be doing a BC at that time.. count me in!

I'd like to join as I've just measured my hair today! But I have a question Den, when you say "no checking length" do you mean acutal measuring? or checking against markers like neck,shoulder, bra strap, etc? I'm pretty sure I could keep from measuring but I'm not so sure about occasionally pulling a section to check where it falls on my body.

I'm in...but only for about half the time since I am SURE I'll be straightening and measuring in December/Jan sometime. I haven't straightened/measured since August, so I'll count that time lol

I want to join the challenge. I'm finishing up a set of braids right now. I don't straighten my hair, but I measured it before I put the braids in.

Great idea!

This is perfect for me. I am still in "getting to know my hair better" mode and I do not use heat.

Will you bookmark this link to return to it in April or will you start a new thread?

Re: Great idea!

Excellent challenge. I'm jumping in! I am well beyond obsession when it comes to checking growth. Since I'm transitioning...there isn't really a point to checking my length so often.

I'm really liking this challenge. I took my last set of pictures yesterday and I won't take anymore length shots for the entire 6 months. This should be fun!

I would like to join, also. I hadn't planned to measure until February. Now here's an incentive to wait until April 13th.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to join as I've just measured my hair today! But I have a question Den, when you say "no checking length" do you mean acutal measuring? or checking against markers like neck,shoulder, bra strap, etc? I'm pretty sure I could keep from measuring but I'm not so sure about occasionally pulling a section to check where it falls on my body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i mean ABSOLUTELY NO measuring or pulling sections to see where it falls.

Alright then ladies this should be great fun lol as long as everyone agrees, the end date is set for April 13th. My last hair length shot is in my avatar, so that will give me an idea where i'm coming from, i suggest everyone take note of their current length. We'll have some monthly updates for progress reports, support, advice, whatever!!! Nymphe that's a great idea to bookmark the thread or start new ones.

Just a thought..those who take pictures of their hair length month by month...how would you tackle this challenge? I'm defintely not taking any pictures of hair length, however i may photograph any protective hair styles i wear during the challenge.

This is a good one! I wanna try it out but I don't know if I'll be able to avoid the temptation... Count me in anyway! I'm going to need some support.

I should join ... i just measured yesterday and last month. It's easier and more enjoyable when I'm not obsessed with the numbers.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good one! I wanna try it out but I don't know if I'll be able to avoid the temptation... Count me in anyway! I'm going to need some support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were all in the same boat, attempting to avoid the measuring our hair lengths, try the challenge, it'll be fun, you'll get plenty of support /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

I'm in!! I'll go to April 28th though...That's MY B-DAY!!! Hey, let's set the day to Naptrl's B-DAy!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just a thought..those who take pictures of their hair length month by month...how would you tackle this challenge? I'm defintely not taking any pictures of hair length, however i may photograph any protective hair styles i wear during the challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, I'll also take pictures of curly blowouts only...can never tell the true length with those pictures. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not going to join b/c I can't go 6 mos. w/o attempting to measure or relaxing. But I will definitely try to continue to stretch the periods btwn 'testing' my length. I started spacing measurements since the beginning of summer b/c all of the testing was driving me a little /images/graemlins/nuts.gif. I think you will be pleasantly surprised, as I was to see how fast the inches tally when aren't stalking the pot!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Best Wishes Ladies /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to join b/c I can't go 6 mos. w/o attempting to measure or relaxing. But I will definitely try to continue to stretch the periods btwn 'testing' my length. I started spacing measurements since the beginning of summer b/c all of the testing was driving me a little /images/graemlins/nuts.gif. I think you will be pleasantly surprised, as I was to see how fast the inches tally when aren't stalking the pot!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Best Wishes Ladies /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You could do three month mini version if you wish!

Back