NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

I'm making my new sulfur mix because I used the last batch. It will have
1 heaping tsp of sulfur
1 oz jojoba oil
4 oz jbco with lavender
1 oz Amla oil
2 oz grapeseed oil

I can't wait until my official length check on nov 1st!

I prepoo'd all day yesterday with EVCO and CW'd last night. I wasn't going to moisturize and applying mix until this morning but then I wanted to try this new two-strand flat twist style. I m&s, applied my mix, massaged and now i'm rocking my new protective style!!

@BadMamaJama - I have a change in direction which necessitates a revision to the recipe (Njoy's) I had planned to use for the challenge. I ordered some ayurvedic oils and would like to use those. My revised recipe is below. Items in parenthesis are the ingredients I am changing and the items in red are the new measurements/ingredients/ May I still participate in the challenge?

1 heaping tsp Sublimed Sulfur Powder
4 oz (Organic Jojoba Oil) Bhringraj Oil
(2) 1 oz Jamaican Black Castor Oil
1 oz Brahmi Oil
(2) 1 oz (Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil(EVOO)) Amla Oil
1 oz Sesame Oil
(4-5) 2 drops Rosemary Oil
(4-5) 2 drops Peppermint
5 drops neem oil

Ok so be nice -my hair is not looking great. :ohwell: I literally just took the weave extensions out of my hair and as promised I wanted to post pics of my progress. If I don't do it now - it will be hard to see the new growth. I did the best I could to take pics of the new growth.

Last edited:
By the way: The weave was put in July 27th.

Routinely, I MCS but the last few days have been very busy so I haven't MCSed since Thursday. I just applied a lot of conditioner and water to my hair (braids) for slip and to help with the take down. I want to retain ALL of my new growth.:yep:

KaramelDiva1978 said:
ilong and Mznelly, progress looking good ladies!!! I can't wait to relax and see my true results. I am braided up right now and can't wait to see my results!

Thanks im super happy.... Life feels good at APL lol. I suggest clarifying a week before to avoid chemical burns, that's what I did and I had a stress free relaxing process

I applied Sulfur 8 to my scalp on Saturday and tonight. Waiting for my sulfur powder to come in. Until then I will use the Sulfur 8 nightly.

Just a little update:

I've been using this mix since the second last week in August, I believe. I protective styled with a wig for the first month and twists that I did myself with extensions in the second month. I've also been taking vitamins daily. I ran out of iron and MSM a couple of weeks ago, but I will be restocking on iron tomorrow. I'm currently taking a one-a-day multi, biotin, and B12.

I definitely notice a difference in my hair. Not just the little bit of length I've got (I don't measure my hair, but it does seem longer), but also in the quality of my hair. It feels very soft and moisturized and, with conditioner in it, my curls are very defined.

I did not take a progress picture today, but I will be re-twisting my hair within the next couple of days (I didn't like the hair I used in the first set of twists). I have a Christmas party coming up next month so I will be switching my hairstyle again to a straight wig. I'm hoping to get my hair flat ironed and trimmed around Christmas time, and then I will take a comparison photo. So far I'm pleased with my progress!

ETA: I know there is a difference in my hair because I also see a difference in the length and strength of my nails.

Last edited:
I really need to get some JBCO. I'd like to join and use that with Glover's. I'm washing daily now so I'm not as worried about stinky hair. I'll probably just apply it and let it sit for an hour before washing.

Applying my mix as we speak. Short hiatus... But I'm back. Need that extra inch before my relaxer in 3.5 weeks. I will have to trim at least an inch off (way too much damage from before my HHJ).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Just applied my mix for the first time in 3-4 days, maybe more. I have to get a little more disciplined if I'm going to grow two more inches by 12/31.

even though im notw officially in this challenge....i have been using my mix for several months now and my hair is feeling great!...and now that i just took care of some horrible ends (gave myself a nice trim) i hope to see great results....as of now im wigging it.

Just applied my mix for the first time in 3-4 days, maybe more. I have to get a little more disciplined if I'm going to grow two more inches by 12/31.

Giirrlllll....Dont let me have to come there :driver: and crack my :whip: :whip: whip. You betta get some discipline NOW!!! :hammer:

baddison said:
Giirrlllll....Dont let me have to come there :driver: and crack my :whip: :whip: whip. You betta get some discipline NOW!!! :hammer:

LOL baddison! Girl, I know right, I'm usually a soldier about my hair regimen. I'm getting a relaxer next Friday at only 12 weeks post because I want to start interviewing for another job to supplement my real estate commission income.

I'm using Glovers as my sulfur. But I made a concoction of about 1/3 of each coconut oil, JBCO (I had ordered some online but found it at my beauty supply!!), and Glovers. I applied it as a prepoo n I still feel a tingle even after washing out. Oh I forgot I put in some oeppermint oil. Maybe I'll add some WGO :scratchch

Still waiting for my sulfur to come in. :( Greased my scalp with Sulfur 8 this morning but will wash it out with shampoo in the evening. Won't reapply till Saturday.

I didn't apply my mix for 3 days and it felt so good to apply it today. I'm so excited to finally see a difference in the length of my hair :)

OT: Can someone PM me how to change my profile picture and signature? I'm such a noob!

Checking in. Still applying almost daily. Almost 4 months post relaxer and although I love with new growth I REALLY want to wear MY hair straight - just don't feel like flat ironing. 2 more months to go for this stretch...

Applied the mix last night.

I will have to make more pretty soon. I have mustard oil I purchased from an Indian store. Would it be safe to mix with the sulfur?

Back