Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

I didn't notice how long my hair was getting until last night. I got 2 inches in a month. I've only been taking 1 nioxin pill a day. I have been taking some other hair, skin and nail vitamins that have different ingredients than the nioxin. My lashes are real long now so I don't wear false lashes anymore. I have to shave every other day now instead of once a week. I'm going to keep taking this combo for the next 3 months. Here is what I've been taking
Nioxin
Be Beautiful ( from GNC)
Biotin ( 5000mcg)
Garlic ( 1000mg)
Calcium ( only 300 mg every other day)
Niacin ( 60 mg every other night)
Centrum liquid ( mixed with orange juice)

Would you be so kind as to take pictures of this for us please? I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants this to be true. I had a major setback trying the infamous heat training technique (didn't follow the directions, basically) and had a good bit of hair to break off at the new growth. :blush::nono:

So, I'm trying to grow back my used to be below should length hair back as quickly as possible. My hair usually grows pretty fast (1/2 to 3/4 inche a month) I've had really good growth with Nioxin, but 2in would b a God send.

How do you take this combination, all at once or some in the morning, some at night? And why centrum liquid instead of the capsules?

Thanks for the information,
FxDiva

Last edited:
I havent been faithfully taking my vitamins, but my hair is still growing like crazy! My SO told me I need to stop taking them because my hair is growing too fast- don't this dude know I'm trying to get to bra-strap land???? lol
:lachen::lachen:...............

Last pill in my 90 bottle I took Saturday & I just received my new bottle today.

My 3 month update will be on August 9th.

Not that I need yet another vitamin, but I've fallen off my consistency. Maybe a new vit may inspire me back. Where can I pick it up, other than ordering online?

Not that I need yet another vitamin, but I've fallen off my consistency. Maybe a new vit may inspire me back. Where can I pick it up, other than ordering online?

You can get it at Ulta and places like Super Cuts and Fantastic Sams. It's probably going to cost twice as much as if you were to order it online.

My hair has been tingly and itchy for the last few days... It is clean too and it just recently happened after the pills... Like 5 days later... Taking two a day

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Last pill in my 90 bottle I took Saturday & I just received my new bottle today.

My 3 month update will be on August 9th.

My 3 months mark will be on September 8th. I was downloading some stuff in my phone and I ended up looking at past pictures of myself. I noticed a picture that I took on June 6th. I had just cut my hair. The front sides of my hair where reaching just under my jaw. Now, my The front sides are collar bone lenght. Some ends are passed my collar bone..about half a centimeter pass. I suspected some growth, but I would have never really noticed it if it wasn't for the picture. It definitely works!!!:yep:

My 3 months mark will be on September 8th. I was downloading some stuff in my phone and I ended up looking at past pictures of myself. I noticed a picture that I took on June 6th. I had just cut my hair. The front sides of my hair where reaching just under my jaw. Now, my The front sides are collar bone lenght. Some ends are passed my collar bone..about half a centimeter pass. I suspected some growth, but I would have never really noticed it if it wasn't for the picture. It definitely works!!!:yep:

Congratulations on your growth!!!! I'm also seeing similar results.

Can we see the before and after please. I took before shots, but will put a weave in for two months tomorrow.... So ill show after results in two months.... Too bad I can't do every month :(

Can anyone tell me if there REALLY is a difference between 1 vs. 2 pills a day? I started out with 2 pills and then switched to 1 pill I really didnt see a difference in growth per dosage. What do you ladies think? I just ordered my 3rd bottle. I havent been super consistent but I would say since I started a couple months back I have been at a 95% consistency with taking them.

Can anyone tell me if there REALLY is a difference between 1 vs. 2 pills a day? I started out with 2 pills and then switched to 1 pill I really didnt see a difference in growth per dosage. What do you ladies think? I just ordered my 3rd bottle. I havent been super consistent but I would say since I started a couple months back I have been at a 95% consistency with taking them.

I want to know this too.
I took one pill a day for about a month and got an inch of new growth. After that month I started taking 2 pills a day and have been for a couple of weeks and haven't seen that much of a difference.
My cousin also told me that if I take more than the recommended dosage, I'm just going to pee it out so I'm just wasting my money if I take 2.
I dont know if that's true though.

It's been one week and two days.... Just got three new break outs.... For like three weeks before I had none!!! I put retin-a and then put the proactiv mask as spot treatment on breakouts, slowly healing :/

I want to know this too.
I took one pill a day for about a month and got an inch of new growth. After that month I started taking 2 pills a day and have been for a couple of weeks and haven't seen that much of a difference.
My cousin also told me that if I take more than the recommended dosage, I'm just going to pee it out so I'm just wasting my money if I take 2.
I dont know if that's true though.

This is true with water soluble vitamins like vitamin C, your body will keep what it needs and excrete what it doesn't. However, fat soluble vitamins like vitamin A are fat soluble and store by the body for use now and in future. Some vitamins you want to avoid storing too much of.

Long time no see~!

I decided to do a length check yesterday seeing as I straightened my hair anyway despite the hot weather. I was also curious to see if there was any "significant" growth now that I've hit a 3 month period. (Compare to my siggy pic dated 4/25/11.)

MMI006.jpg

My sister took the shot & didn't warn me so,yeah, sorry about that hand. She wasn't looking to do a photoshoot, so this had to do.

I guess I should be a little impressed. The stripes on my shirt are 2 inches long & I cleared the entire white stripe that I was slightly touching back in May. But it's been 3 months..so that's like .75 of an inch per month. I don't know what my growth rate was before the Nioxin. Maybe it was the standard .5. I never took note before. I don't know if continued use will change anything in the growth department. I have ordered another bottle (#3 for me) & will go back to taking 1 every 12 hrs like I had started with. I know how to deal with the breakouts now, naturally.

But on a brighter note, this has seriously thickened my hair up. I had a huge problem with shedding & this has done the trick. Well, I'll see sometime in October if these pills are going to be long term. I'm aiming for 20 inches all around by the end of this year (My hair is in layers), which is just about waist length on me. I just need 5 inches, lol! We'll see, we'll see.

It's been one week and two days.... Just got three new break outs.... For like three weeks before I had none!!! I put retin-a and then put the proactiv mask as spot treatment on breakouts, slowly healing :/

I'm hoping to avoid this by doing chemical peels since I started using the vitamins last week. I also started using 5000 mcg of Biotin, so lets hope this works out.

I'm hoping to avoid this by doing chemical peels since I started using the vitamins last week. I also started using 5000 mcg of Biotin, so lets hope this works out.

Yeah I do chemical peels too!!! Just did one last night... I think by tomorrow it should be gone, luckily so far no scar....

Long time no see~!

I decided to do a length check yesterday seeing as I straightened my hair anyway despite the hot weather. I was also curious to see if there was any "significant" growth now that I've hit a 3 month period. (Compare to my siggy pic dated 4/25/11.)

MMI006.jpg

My sister took the shot & didn't warn me so,yeah, sorry about that hand. She wasn't looking to do a photoshoot, so this had to do.

I guess I should be a little impressed. The stripes on my shirt are 2 inches long & I cleared the entire white stripe that I was slightly touching back in May. But it's been 3 months..so that's like .75 of an inch per month. I don't know what my growth rate was before the Nioxin. Maybe it was the standard .5. I never took note before. I don't know if continued use will change anything in the growth department. I have ordered another bottle (#3 for me) & will go back to taking 1 every 12 hrs like I had started with. I know how to deal with the breakouts now, naturally.

But on a brighter note, this has seriously thickened my hair up. I had a huge problem with shedding & this has done the trick. Well, I'll see sometime in October if these pills are going to be long term. I'm aiming for 20 inches all around by the end of this year (My hair is in layers), which is just about waist length on me. I just need 5 inches, lol! We'll see, we'll see.

Your hair looks amazing! Thanks for your update. I wish I could do the natural do, but I just don't have the patience.

Great growth!

I take Nioxin off and on, but it never gave me supper fast growth. Once these bottles are up I don't think I'll buy more.

I wouldn't take 2 though as I take other a multi-vitamin and other herbals.

I do take Saw palmetto/pygeum (credit to @chica on that suggestion)
B-complex
Nattokinase
Serrapeptase
Ionic Magnesium
Evening Primose Oil
Now Multivitamin

I also drink about 3-4 cups of hibiscus or hibiscus/burdock tea a day

@HijabiFlygirl Can you break down what each of these are for? Also do you have female pattern hair loss/dht/testosterone related hair loss? If so some of these things may help me also.

I'll do the same. I have the dht/test. problem.

Spironolactone - anti androgen to decrease dht internally and decrease hair loss
Nizoral 2% shampoo - anti androgen to dissolve dht externally and decrease hair loss
Saw Palmetto - herbal anti androgen to decrease dht internally and decrease hair loss
Nioxin - Has small amount of anti androgens, suppose to decrease hair loss and grow hair
MSM - Supposed to help lessen hair loss

Last edited:
I'm currently taking the GNC Be Beautiful (which I love), but I like the "proprietary blend" on of the Nioxin. But then I'll be up to like 10 pills a day! :nono:

Let me stop looking for stuff to buy. :lol:

mzteaze Does it cost to sign up for autoship?

no its free....but I would do all of that when I made my first purchase (select the amount of months between autoship). You are able to change it or delete after the fact if you change your mind.

Back