• Nexxus

Votes: 93 36.5%
  • Keracare

Votes: 145 56.9%
  • Other (please, specify)

Votes: 17 6.7%

• Total voters

cheeks23

I am a newbie and I want to try to stick to one product line. I wanted to know which one of these product lines you ladies prefer (Nexxus vs. Keracare)? And which, products you are using or have used from each line? My hair is currently APL and I don't do much protective styling, mainly daily moisturizing, so I need as much moisture as I can get :)

- keracare 1st lather
Once per month, followed by hydrating poo​

- keracare hydrating shampoo
once every 5 days - one wash, sometimes two if i dont want to clarify​

- keracare humecto
every 5 days, mixed with the essential oils- left on for 30mins​

- keracare essential oils
less than a teaspoon added to the conditioner - warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds.​

- keracare leave in conditioner
used once all conditioner is rinsed with COLD water, apply a tablespoon and scrunch throughout hair​

- keracare oil moisturizor with jojoba oil
scrunched in immediately after the leave in. add a baggy over my wet hair (in a ponytail) and leave on for a few hours...take of and scrunch more moisturizor in and airdry hanging down​

:::waiting for MaCherie to come up in here and blow up the spot::: Girl, where are you?!

MsCheeks - she will make you a believer!! :lol:

I can use almost everything on the Keracare line. It's one of my top 2 lines along with Elucence. I can't imagine ever not buy Keracare humecto or the hydrating shampoo.

The only staple I have from the Nexxus line is Keraphix.

:lachen: I wanted to give other people a chance cuz I always devour these thread

....and im not on my "lunch break" yet:sekret: so I can only lurk until noon:cool:

I've never used Keracare, but I adore Nexxus. However with all the raves Keracare gets, and the lovely heads of hair as proof, I'm getting tempted to try it.;)

I use nexxus but today I am going to go get the Keracare shampoo. Whats this first lather stuff for?? Can I just use the regular shampoo then the conditioner?

I won a huge Kera Care basket last year (because of a raffle ticket)... I fell in love with kera care but now i'm cheating on KC with Nexxus. They're both great brands.

Im cutting and pasting this from an old thread :) I apologize to anyone who has heard this a hundred times..:(

Shampoo- First lather Shampoo- great at clarifying, not stripping. I use this before my Dry and Itchy Shampoo and then follow with Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo

Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo- I love this shampoo too! it gives a nice tingle and I noticed that its the only shampoo that cures my itchy scalp, esp when used with the dry and itchy scalp conditioner

Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo- I really like this shampoo. Its the only shampoo that doesnt leave my hair stripped or slimey ( like CON does with my hair)

Humecto- i could use this conditioner for the rest of my life. It smells great, detangles and makes my hair softer and shinier each time I use it. Ive been using the hydrating shampoo and humecto for almost a year and my hair never tangles and gained a beautiful healthy sheen.

Dry and Itchy Scalp Conditioner- I use this on my scalp for a few mins before I condition, it eliminated my dry and ithcy scalp/dandruff. My scalp is soo much healthier now.

Leave-In- I like this leave-in. I use it on my hair after conditioning.

Silken Seal- Really popular item. It makes my split ends disappear and eases combing significantly

Setting lotion- I get really nice soft rollersets from this. I will dilute it for a more straight with subtle waves look and use it straight for a hard set. It has tons of conditioners in it. That being said, I like the wrap lotion (diluted) better, it gives me more shine

Essential oils- I use this right after I take out my rollers for shine and moisture- smells great.

COnditioning Headdress- Ugh I love this stuff. I use it sparingly but it makes my hair feel great. It has all the bad stuff like mineral oil and petroleum so I dotn think many people would use it but i love it. I like it becuase its light and doesnt give my hair the weighed down look when I use it everyday. That being said, I do think that ORS Olive oil is a better hydrater.

Glossifier- This is pretty good- it gives my hair a nice shine but will sometimes looks like a just put gloss in it- not like my hair is naturally shiny. So, I put this on my hair at night, wrap to distribute and when i comb out my wrap, my hair looks naturally shiny.

Dry and Itchy Scalp Glossifier- I use this on my scalp after I exercise and my scalp get a little irrated from the sweat

Curling Wax- I dont curl my hair anymore really so this is chillin in my closet. i didnt care for it much tho.

Oil Blow Dry Lotion- I didnt like this to much either for blow drying, left my hair too greasy- I now and then spray it after a roller set

Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba oil- I didnt like this in the past but now I LOVE it. I use it and the wrap lotion diluted on my hair as I roller-set. This gives me the SHINIEST softest hair ever. I use it as a leave-in, heat protectant and sealant. One of the most important items in my rotation

Wrap- Set lotion- I tried this when i ran outta setting lotion, it was really good and smells great

The key is to use all the styling aids sparingly. I always quickly dab my finger in the product and rub it in my palms and then apply to hair. It may not feel like you did anything but it works.

With humecto- I always apply a lot of conditioner. I have the tub. I dunk my head in it and wrap with a steaming hot towel for 15 minutes. Im sure there are tons of people with more tips, these are just my experiences with the products.

I havent tried Keracare so I am not going to vote. Nexxus has not let me down yet. I use nexxus Botanoil followed by therappe as a poo and DC with humectress. I use the keraphix for mild protien. I have actually never done a hardcore protien treatment (nexxus emergencee) but I have heard many ladies here say they love it. I also use nexxus aloe rid to clarify.

I love love nexxus because been keeping my 4B hair looking fabulous for over 15 years now, waaaay before LHCF when I didn't know what I was doing, nexxus was and remains my absolute favorite brand. My following staples do not contain any silicones:

therappe (moisture 'poo)
humectress (moisture condish)
headdress (creamy leave-in)
keraphix (soft protein condish)
emergencee (hard protein reconstrucor)
aloe rid (clarifying 'poo)
botanic oil (lovely mixture oils high in fatty acids)

I also really like keracare, and use following fairly regularly:

hydrading 'poo (pretty good, although I find more drying then therappe)
humecto (moisture condish without any proteins whatsoever, although does contain silicone) I love using this whenever I want a completely protein free moisture condish

Both brands are excellent IMO, depends on what you want to accomplish; i.e., if you want to avoid silicones, like I do, then nexxus is an excellent brand. If silicones not a problem, then BOTH worth trying to see what works for you.

I like them both but I like Keracare better. I LOVE Nexxus' reconstructors and I will never leave them behind.

I use the following from both lines.

Nexxus:
Keraphix (as pre-poo)
Humectress (as-pre poo)
Emergencee (as heavy protein)

Keracare:
1st Lather Poo
Detangling Poo
Humecto

My hair prefers Keracare over Nexxus, but when my hair feels damaged or dry, I mix Humecto and Keraphixx. My hair always becomes smooth and moisturised. I also like the Keracare setting lotion. It does not leave my hair "crunchy" after drying. I want to try the hair oil next.

Thanks ladies. I'm definitely going to give Keracare a try. The results I've seen and the raves I'm getting are great. I'll keep you ladies posted. I can't wait . . .

I love Nexuss. I use .....
therappe (moisture 'poo)
humectress (moisture condish)
headdress (creamy leave-in)
keraphix (soft protein condish)

My hair really love Nexuss.

I use KeraCare also. My beautican love this and always encourage me to try it so I did. I love some of the KeraCare products too.

Just can't do without my Nexuss. I have been using if for over 10 years and my hair just loves it!

Good look with either line.

I have used both brands, but really like the results from the Keracare line.

I currently use Hydrating Shampoo and Humecto, the foaming lotion is wonderful as well.

Beautiful shine~

cheeks23 said:
I am a newbie and I want to try to stick to one product line. I wanted to know which one of these product lines you ladies prefer (Nexxus vs. Keracare)? And which, products you are using or have used from each line? My hair is currently APL and I don't do much protective styling, mainly daily moisturizing, so I need as much moisture as I can get :)

Sweetie, give it up. You are at LHCF. The one product line is very hard to do here.:lol: I like Keracare.

I voted for Keracare. I love the Hydrating shampoo and the Humecto tub. I plan to try the Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba oil soon.
Emergencee and Keraphix are the only Nexxus products that worked for me.

Another Keracare Vote! :thumbsup:

IMO, Keracare is the most comprehensive line for textured hair. If you do nothing else, at least try the Hydrating Shampoo & Humecto. They WILL make you a believer. Regulars in my rotation include:

1st Lather
Hydrating & Detangle Shampoo
Humecto Conditioner
Super Reconstructor
Leave In Conditioner
Silk n' Seal (Serum & Spray)
Essential Oils
Creme Hairdress
**Affirm Sustenance
**Affirm 5 n 1

I also have the Dry & Itchy Scalp S&C, used occasionally. If you haven't already, you can request samples through their website at www.avlon.com

Give it a try girl, you wont be disappointed. :yep:

LikeNoOther said:

IMO, Keracare is the most comprehensive line for textured hair. If you do nothing else, at least try the Hydrating Shampoo & Humecto. They WILL make you a believer. Regulars in my rotation include:

1st Lather
Humecto Conditioner
Super Reconstructor
Leave In Conditioner
Essential Oils
Creme Hairdress
**Affirm Sustenance
**Affirm 5 n 1

I also have the Dry & Itchy Scalp S&C, used occasionally. If you haven't already, you can request samples through their website at www.avlon.com

Amen!!! My sentiments exactly...

I love Nexxus and use most of their products but decided today since I'm all out of most of the containers to try Kera Care.

LikeNoOther said:

1st Lather
Humecto Conditioner
Super Reconstructor
Leave In Conditioner
Essential Oils
Creme Hairdress
**Affirm Sustenance
**Affirm 5 n 1

I called the 1-800 number and they are going to send me samples. Thanks. I will try out the Humecto without wasting money if I dont like it. Nice tip!! :thumbsup:

even when i hve TOUGH new growth, my keracare just keeps on working. i'm 8 weeks nearly post-r w/ 2-3inches and its sooo soft.

Wow I might have to get up on this keracare stuff...so many votes...anyways I've tried a few nexxus products b4 and I liked Therappe, Humectress and :love: Keraphix

I have never tried Keracare, but I have used Nexxus products for years. I love the line. It has really help bring my hair from broken off and badly damaged to where it is today. I have used:

Therappe
Humectress
Keraphix
Emergencee

Nexxus products have never let me down. However, due to all the praise Keracare is getting, I would love to try it once my Nexxus bottles are all empty.

I have tried both brands and they just don't work for me. Keracare (which I have the entire line) is not all it is cracked up to be. It is just sitting on my shelf.

I have tried the Kenra line and so far I am very pleased. Sorry Macherieamor :)

Lady_Lioness said:
Wow I might have to get up on this keracare stuff...so many votes...anyways I've tried a few nexxus products b4 and I liked Therappe, Humectress and :love: Keraphix

These are my fav Nexxus products also. I am almost at a point of saying...if it's not broke dont fix it. I will forever have Nexxus in my bathroom.

I decided to go with Keracare due to all of raves and results. I used the detangling poo, humecto (tub), and essential oils and ladies I must say you were right. The slips is great!!! My hair feels so moisturized and I didn't have any detangling to do. I used macherieamour's pre-poo method and I'm really loving the results. Thanks ladies :grin: . I can't wait to try other Keracare products!!!

P.S. Rama Beauty Supply is my new spot!! (Thanks RabiaElaine)

Back