Nexxus vs. Keracare

• Nexxus

Votes: 93 36.5%
  • Keracare

Votes: 145 56.9%
  • Other (please, specify)

Votes: 17 6.7%

• Total voters
I had to vote for Nexxus...I love Therappe, Humectress, and occassionally throw Headress leave in into rotation.

I have used Keracare and really liked the tingle of the itchy scalp poo but that darn Humecto is runny and I use half a bottle to get it on :look:

After trying both I will go with KeraCare. I love the HUmecto, that stuff is the truth when it comes to moisture, slip and softness. I've used other Nexxus products in the past like Therappe, ALoe Rid, Botanoil, Humectress and they were good but not spectacular like the KeraCare. THe only thing from them that I occassionally use is Emergencee.

I use Keracare Cream Press (nice smell & texture) when flatiorning or curling
& the Conditioning cream if I airdry.

I haven't used Nexxus for years but I am thinking about trying the Nexxus Emergencee because I see it mentioned so much in here.

MsNadi said:
:::waiting for MaCherie to come up in here and blow up the spot::: Girl, where are you?!

MsCheeks - she will make you a believer!! :lol:

Yep...I was just about to say LOL. Where she at? :lol:

I love Nexxus' Phyto Organics line. I use the products listed in my siggy. Yet, if you want a complete line from wash to finish then I'd say Kera Care. Their maintenance products are great -- especially the essential oils.

Chayil

Keracare - i love the hydrating shampoo and humecto conditioner has the best slip. I only use nexxus keraphix for a light protein.

I've been using Keracare Hydrating shampoo and I can't say that I am impressed with it. I don't think it provides the same slip as CON red. However, I am still on the fence with this one. I've been using the Humecto in the bottle and it is good, but I might try the Humecto in the tub because based on what I have read here, it is thicker and I like thick conditioners. I really like Keracare's conditioner for color treated hair. It provides great slip and smells good.

KERACARE Line: (wash days are Sunday & Thursday)

1st Lather: once or 2x a month

Dry & Itchy S: every other week

Dry & Itchy C: every other week

Humecto C: every other week

Detangler S: every other week

Color Treated S: every other week

Color Treated C: every other week.....
......(slowly accumalating these products)

Creme Press: 2x a month cuz I'll probably flat iron 2x a month

Oil Sheen: once a week for silk wraps and dry patches

Creme High Glosser: for curls

Setting Lotion: for rollersets

Last edited:
Where do you get Humecto in the tub? Is it the 5 lb. one I've seen for sale online? I've only seen it in the bottle in stores.

KERACARE . . I've used Nexxus for years, but I decided to try Keracare and I'm so please with the results.

Im cutting and pasting this from an old thread :) I apologize to anyone who has heard this a hundred times..:(

Shampoo- First lather Shampoo- great at clarifying, not stripping. I use this before my Dry and Itchy Shampoo and then follow with Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo

Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo- I love this shampoo too! it gives a nice tingle and I noticed that its the only shampoo that cures my itchy scalp, esp when used with the dry and itchy scalp conditioner

Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo- I really like this shampoo. Its the only shampoo that doesnt leave my hair stripped or slimey ( like CON does with my hair)

Humecto- i could use this conditioner for the rest of my life. It smells great, detangles and makes my hair softer and shinier each time I use it. Ive been using the hydrating shampoo and humecto for almost a year and my hair never tangles and gained a beautiful healthy sheen.

Dry and Itchy Scalp Conditioner- I use this on my scalp for a few mins before I condition, it eliminated my dry and ithcy scalp/dandruff. My scalp is soo much healthier now.

Leave-In- I like this leave-in. I use it on my hair after conditioning.

Silken Seal- Really popular item. It makes my split ends disappear and eases combing significantly

Setting lotion- I get really nice soft rollersets from this. I will dilute it for a more straight with subtle waves look and use it straight for a hard set. It has tons of conditioners in it. That being said, I like the wrap lotion (diluted) better, it gives me more shine

Essential oils- I use this right after I take out my rollers for shine and moisture- smells great.

COnditioning Headdress- Ugh I love this stuff. I use it sparingly but it makes my hair feel great. It has all the bad stuff like mineral oil and petroleum so I dotn think many people would use it but i love it. I like it becuase its light and doesnt give my hair the weighed down look when I use it everyday. That being said, I do think that ORS Olive oil is a better hydrater.

Glossifier- This is pretty good- it gives my hair a nice shine but will sometimes looks like a just put gloss in it- not like my hair is naturally shiny. So, I put this on my hair at night, wrap to distribute and when i comb out my wrap, my hair looks naturally shiny.

Dry and Itchy Scalp Glossifier- I use this on my scalp after I exercise and my scalp get a little irrated from the sweat

Curling Wax- I dont curl my hair anymore really so this is chillin in my closet. i didnt care for it much tho.

Oil Blow Dry Lotion- I didnt like this to much either for blow drying, left my hair too greasy- I now and then spray it after a roller set

Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba oil- I didnt like this in the past but now I LOVE it. I use it and the wrap lotion diluted on my hair as I roller-set. This gives me the SHINIEST softest hair ever. I use it as a leave-in, heat protectant and sealant. One of the most important items in my rotation

Wrap- Set lotion- I tried this when i ran outta setting lotion, it was really good and smells great

The key is to use all the styling aids sparingly. I always quickly dab my finger in the product and rub it in my palms and then apply to hair. It may not feel like you did anything but it works.

With humecto- I always apply a lot of conditioner. I have the tub. I dunk my head in it and wrap with a steaming hot towel for 15 minutes. Im sure there are tons of people with more tips, these are just my experiences with the products.
Takes one look at Macherieamour's hair rolling trailer, runs out the door to the nearest Kernacare retailer.....:cowgirl::morepics::kiss3: :bounceline:

Has anyone noticed that Keracare weighs down your hair? Is it just me?

I love Keracare but I get better, lighter bounce from using a dominican poo or PM. I only use First Lather 1ce/mnth to clarify.

My hair likes to be weighed down. lol :grin:

I use Nexxus (therappe, keraphix) AND keracare (first lather shampoo, hydrating and detangling shampoo, Humecto, Jojoba Oil Moisturizer.)

I used the Keracare line for about two years, and It didn't do too much for my hair.

I used some Nexxus for the first time ever last week and my hair fell in live with it! My hair has never looked or felt so good before, so Im sticking with it! :grin:

Switched to kera care when I saw MaCherie's beautiful hair. I love it! Nexxus dries my hair out something awful, can't stand the stuff and I spent 15-20 bucks a bottle for the shampoo and conditioner.

I LOVE MACHERIE'S HAIR :love: :Blush2:

I have used Nexxus Humectress for the passed 2 years or so. All of the raves about Humecto sparked my curiosity. I recently bought it and all I have to say is WOW. :love: I only used a very small amount, size of a quarter. Sat under dryer for about 20 mins. My hair was luscious.

I also rinsed with Nacidit Avocado Rinse afterwards, which is also a new addition to my regimen, so I am not entirely 100% sure which one is more responsible for this lusciousness, and lusciousity (forgive me, I love making up words :lol: ) but I never remember Humectress giving me these results.

I love both, but so far KeraCare seems to be a winner for me. I will also buy the shampoos and sheen, and I may just be a true KeraCare convert.

I have used Nexxus Humectress for the passed 2 years or so. All of the raves about Humecto sparked my curiosity. I recently bought it and all I have to say is WOW. :love: I only used a very small amount, size of a quarter. Sat under dryer for about 20 mins. My hair was luscious.

I also rinsed with Nacidit Avocado Rinse afterwards, which is also a new addition to my regimen, so I am not entirely 100% sure which one is more responsible for this lusciousness, and lusciousity (forgive me, I love making up words :lol: ) but I never remember Humectress giving me these results.

I love both, but so far KeraCare seems to be a winner for me. I will also buy the shampoos and sheen, and I may just be a true KeraCare convert.

You dont want to know how much I use. LOL :lachen: I am very heavy handed with rinse out conditioners and my hair soaks everything up, so that just makes matters worse.

:grin: Keracare is a moisturizing line. I alternate my moisturizing products (Keracare) with my protein products (Aubrey Organics GPB) on a weekly basis. :yep:

Keracare:
Moisturizing shampoo
Humecto conditioner (dc)
Leave-in
Setting lotion
Silken seal

Aubrey Organics:
Rosemary and Peppermint shampoo
Rosemary and peppermint conditioner (dc)
Keracare leave-in
Keracare setting lotion
Keracare silken seal

I am loving Nexxus, it not only makes my hair so moisturized it makes it strong, it never fails my hair. I have Keracare and I Kera-care less about it. Not interested, I used it when I don't have any Nexxus Left.

This is one of my staples. I absolutely love this line!

even when i hve TOUGH new growth, my keracare just keeps on working. i'm 8 weeks nearly post-r w/ 2-3inches and its sooo soft.

Do you use a specific Keracare product on your new growth to soften it, does the shampoo and conditioner do that? Thanks

Back