Newbie...Well Sort Of

PinkGyrl

:) I've been stalking this site for about a month now (Sorry!!) and I must give you all thanx for the tons and tons of information.

Before viewing this site, my hair was breaking off. It was becoming shorter and shorter each time I relaxed.

I haven't relaxed since March 4, 2006 and I get alittle breakage but mostly alot of shedding. I am crediting this due to not relaxing in 14 weeks. I want to self relax but I am terrified. My stylist said she will not do it for me because 1) i want to use ORS no lye relaxer and she only wants to use Design Essentials. 2) she wants to trim my hair and I refuse. The last time I trimmed was when I got a relaxer. Every time I go there someone seems to want to give me a trim. Anyways, I guess I will have to suck it up and do it myself. :perplexed

Unless anyone knows any good salons in tampa, fl. :cool:

I am so grateful for this site and the loads of information. You all are my inspiration!!!;)

Last edited:
Thank you. I think I have gained the knowledge to successfully care for my hair. We will see when I get my relaxer put in. :look:

Can anyone explain what to do after a relaxer? Do i do an aphogee treatment immediately after?

Thanx for the replies!:grin:

Welcome!! We are delighted to have you here.:DTrust me you have come to the right place.

After carefully rinsing out the relaxer you wash with a neutalizing shampoo/conditioner until all the relaxer has been thoroughly removed. To be on the safe side you could also use a clarifying shampoo.I normally wait a week before I do any protein treatment to prevent reversion or frizzy hair but sometimes after neutralaizing I use Aphogee reconstructor then procede to wash with a moisturizing shampoo. After washing with a moisturizing poo you can follow up with deep conditioning with heat or without heat for 20-30mins. I like to use heat for deep conditioning right after my touch up but other than that I use no heat with just a plastic cap or two. I am currently texturized so after rinsing out the deep conditioner I apply leave in conditioner, moisturizer then serum or oil then airdry. If you are fully relaxed I would recommend rollersets instead.

I think there are a few threads on here about what to do after a relaxer. Please feel free to do a search:).

8.gif

Back