New Year Length Check! Pics too...come on in and check me out :)

PinkyD

***If you can't see the pics scoll down to message 7, I dunno why no one can see my pics***

Hello Ladies.:wave: I have been with LHCF officially since July. After almost four months of bunning, I gave myself a pass for a week. I DC'd with a combo of EO Essentials (Lavender and Aloe) mixed with Lustrasilk Mango + Shea, mixed with my Fenugreek Oil ( Coconut Oil that I infused with funegreek seeds). Then I did a ponytail rollerset. I used KCC Knot Today as a leave in and I sprayed Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer in while wet. In the end I sealed my hair with Moe Gro oil. Finally I got my hair pressed with the old fashioned pressing comb and a slapped on some silk heat protectant in a red bottle (I didn't like it, but that's all my friend had, good enough).
picture.php

picture.php

Well the ends where shabby (my last trim was in October). I was getting ready to lose at LEAST a half an inch. My hair is lightened in the front, despite the help from the henna, it's still in sad shape. So I went to Marcus at Great Clips Green Hills in Nashville,TN. He did a great job trimming, he took his tiiiime. I will have to go back probably in 6-8 weeks to get more off in the front.

picture.php

picture.php

I am really ready to begin my journey. I would like to have full thick APL by December 2010. Getting those layers out and babying the fragile hair in the front...I have joined the following challenges to help me along. I am transitioning to natural from texlaxed (hopefully for the final time) with about 5 inches of new growth. I have some more long term goals, but I thought this would be a great place to start. Pics of my natural and styled hair are in my profile. Happy New Year Ladies!

My Challenges::theteam:
Transitioning without BC'ing.
APL by Dec 2010
Get Your Hands Outta Your Hair Challenge for 2010
Drinking My Way to Waistlength
Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge
2010 Lose Minimal/No Hair When Detangling Challenge

I almost forgot:
These are my hair inspirations:
NJoy (thats the thickness I want), blksndrlla, Fine 4s ,Marand13, nakialovesshoes, kami11213, PhonyBaloney500, Lucie ,djanae , and Bigghair , and you too Mai Tai

Last edited:
Both of us are on the APL by Dec 2010 Challenge! Yay!! You were talking about your ends...let me tell you, MY end are in need of a T-R-I-M! I wanted to wait until I reached APL, but I don't know if I can last that long :perplexed
I wish you the best of luck with your transition and hair goal! HHG and Happy New Year!!!!:dance7:

I suggest you get the trim before you hit APL. I was trying to wait, but then I realized the splits were traveling up the shaft despite my bunning and babying. I would rather have a nice blunt starting point without the hassle of setbacks everytime I hit my goal length.

^^^Yeah, I have decided to get a trim after my next relaxer. I do S&Ds and my stylist said that my ends weren't split, but my hair is just growing uneven. I was waiting to get some more length before I blunt it at APL, but I hate looking at my ends. :ohwell:

Back