New Pics up on the Bev Johnson (wanakee) site...

Thanks for the photos it keeps me from cutting my hair off. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

i still get irritated by the fact that they even have Beverly Johnson as their spokesperson. i wrote and told them so. lol! i'll post their response if you wanna see it...

adrienne

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
i still get irritated by the fact that they even have Beverly Johnson as their spokesperson. i wrote and told them so. lol! i'll post their response if you wanna see it...

[/ QUOTE ] Why do you get irritated by them having Beverly Johnson as their spokeswoman, sorry i've never been to the site before so just asking /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mostly because they sell products that are supposed to promote hair growth, yet they have someone who wears and sells wigs as their spokesmodel. i consider that an insult to our intelligence. if you're gonna sell products for hair, at least use someone who has had success with them.

if you look at the pic on their homepage, her hair doesn't even look healthy, let alone good. see how her edges are all fried looking while the other part looks silky. it's like she didn't even have her hair professionally done for that photo.

it just bugs me... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

adrienne

Okay thanks for clarifying that thats definetely contradicting their whole purpose, maybe they get free wigs for using her as the spokeswoman...now who can resist free wigs! lmao

okay, here is their response:

"Thank you for your comments. We originally had Wanakee as our spokesperson. She left to persue a new career and sold the company to our manufacturer. We went through our customer list to find a new spokesperson. We had many
celebrities, and we were looking for someone that had name recognition in the beauty supply stores, since we feel that we can get more sales if we make our products available in more locations.

When we contacted many stores they liked Beverly Johnson's name the best since they had her other products and liked her image. We knew that some people would resent the fact that Beverly sells wigs, but the positives outweighed the negatives.

When Wanakee was our spokesperson we received many e-mails stating that they felt that Wanakee wore a weave. We also got many complaints asking who Wanakee was and why we did not have a more famous celebrity.

We have had our products on the market for over 10 years and most of the comments found state that our products are excellent. We hope you will give them a try and see for yourself why we feel they are the best products available today.

We look forward to adding your name to our growing list of satisfied customers.

Customer Care"
sprachlos034.gif

mostly because they sell products that are supposed to promote hair growth, yet they have someone who wears and sells wigs as their spokesmodel. i consider that an insult to our intelligence. if you're gonna sell products for hair, at least use someone who has had success with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only what you mentioned but the fact that she didn't put the company or the products on the map. Wanakee started that company and I don't care whose name they put on the products, IT'S ALWAYS AND WILL EVER REMAIN WANAKEE in my mind. Wankakee's hair was what made me purchase the products NOT Beverly Johnson's.

So does that mean the story Wanakee told about making the oil in her kitchen and hand painting each label was bogus? They make it seem like she was just the name on the package, nothing more than a marketing ploy like the Quaker Oats guy. HMPH! I bet it isn't even made by Quakers!!!!! For shame!!

Re: New Pics up on the Bev Johnson (wanakee) site.

When I wrote to them, they sent me pretty much the same response as to why Beverly Johnson was the new spokesmodel. However, they did say that the products were originally formulated for Wanakee's hair...

That is what I wanted to know. I wondered if Wanakee was just a spokesperson and nothing more or if at least the background story was true. I would have opted to just call the products Hair Oil and not have a spokesperson because like Adrienne, Beverly Johnson completely turned me off. Wanakee was behind her products 100%. There used to be a time when she would personally answer the phones. I truly believe that Beverly Johnson is simply the name on the package and that they basically cut her a check after the photo shoot for that website was complete. Does she even say she uses the products?

I sent them an e-mail, too! LOL This was the response I got:
Thank you for your inquiry. Wanakee left New York about three years ago to
peruse another career. A short time later she sold the ocmpany to the
manufacturer, one of her business partners. He owned the formulas and
continued to manufacturer the same products with the same ingredients using
the same formuals.

Our customers asked that we get our products into stores. After going
through our celebrity customer list we decided that Beverly Johnson has the
best name and name brand recognition and we are now working with Beverly
Johnson.

It is our goal to get our products into stores by the end of this year. We
will then try to add many more products to the line, but we will continue to
sell Verifen Complex products.
If you have othr questions, please call us at 1-800-424-7645 (10 - 4 Mon to Fri)

Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]
Celebrity customer list? How long has she used the products? She's been wearing wigs for quite a while... /images/graemlins/mad.gif
I never ordered the products because they were way out of my price range. But I would visit the site often because the photos were so inspirational. It burns me up to see the same stories about the grandmother and the haircut, the hair mistakes, etc. being applied to BJ.
I can't imagine a first time customer ordering hair growth products being endorsed by a woman in a wig...

if you look at the pic on their homepage, her hair doesn't even look healthy, let alone good. see how her edges are all fried looking while the other part looks silky. it's like she didn't even have her hair professionally done for that photo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adrienne STOP!!! you have me cracking up here eating my lunch. I'm afriad I'm gonna choke. I can just sense your attitude in that post.

i have never seen wannakees hair (or waist length relaxed hair for that matter!) could someone pls post me a link of her hair please??!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I may be wrong but i think Wanakee is the lady on the testimony page with the most picutures..u can click on before and after pictures....thaty has to be her hair because this woman has beautiful hair. I am sure u hvae seen her pic u just do not realize it yet. When I saw this pic originally on anothjer site I thought it was Allandra.

I may be wrong but i think Wanakee is the lady on the testimony page with the most picutures..u can click on before and after pictures....

[/ QUOTE ]

http://web.archive.org/web/19981207025209/http://www.wanakee.com/

Someone on the old board posted a link to the REALWanakee site. I ain't got no love for Beverly Johnson and her wigs and weaves...
Don't order from this site, though.

LOL at Adrienne...Girl, you ain't right!

I do agree though. I'd rather see a sista with hair that is healthy and growing as a spokesmodel. I don't care who she is. And Bev J should be smacked for that hair in the photo!

Are the hair oil products any good? The testimonials sound convincing but I would rather hear about your personal experiences with the product line. I can see why people become PJs (Product Junkies) because there are so many products out there.

I really like some of the products.

The Deep Conditioner is really good. I use that once a month. I use the Hairline Essential Creme for slicking up my puffs and the Constant Care for Ends for the ends.

I don't know too many people (online or offline) that has used this product line though.

Hey Everybody /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wanakee's products are pricey but very good.

I used her line faithfully when I relaxed and I grew my hair to an inch or two shy of waist length. I must say that her line did more for my relaxed hair than any other ones that I tried and I am the consummate PJ /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Her deep conditioner and constant care for the ends were my two favorites.

Ok now see you guys are gonna make me go to her site and place an order...U guys know I need to go to rehab(twitching)

Tonya, I totally I agree with you too. I also want to order some of her products, luckily I am broke. I too am a product junkie.

The good news about the Wanakee's (sorry, It will always be Wanakee's line to me) products is that they are extremely concentrated. That deep conditoner is super thick, almost like Crisco.

If cash is short, I wouldn't get her shampoo. You can get by with cream of nature. The Wanakee deep penetrating conditioner, leave in spray conditioner and constant care for the ends were my staples. They were so good that I was a recovered PJ for about 6 years!!!

Back