New pics!! My lastest 'hair cut'

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
New pics!! My lastest \'hair cut\'

I've added pics of my latest big trim (well, my husband did it, and no jokes about mushroom head please
ohwell.gif
)

I love it!! Makes me wanna leave the kinky twists till next week! Tell me what you think.

http://public.fotki.com/charleneuk/more_hair_chopped/

Re: New pics!! My lastest \'hair cut\'

your hair does look thicker in the comparison pics. you grow girl!
smile.gif

wave.gif
Hey Char! Your cut looks real cute on you.
smile.gif

My hair has a thick and thin side as well, isn't it annoying?

Your cut looks great! You're making very good progress too, I can definitely see the difference. OT: Your daughters are beautiful, the baby favors you a lot.

good going....I used to hang on to every strand for dear life even if it was damaged

You go girl!!! That cut is jammin! You look cute! Hair looks thicker!!

Your cut looks really nice on you. I wouldn't trust my husband near my head with a pair of scissors.

Off Topic but I think I saw you mention before you have a wave nouveau. Is this correct? If it is what exactly is it? I always thought it was similar to like a jheri curl but maybe drier? How do you keep it up? Or how do they do it?

Also off topic-but I noticed you said you wet wrapped your daughter because of her eczema. My niece has it really bad I just wanted to know what was wet wrapping? Thinking it may help my niece out. She scratches so bad.

Char, your hair is adorable! Tell your hubby he did a great job! You look very happy
smile.gif

Wow your hubby did a good job. It does look thicker from the other pics.:)

[ QUOTE ]
Eclipse said:
wave.gif
Hey Char! Your cut looks real cute on you.
smile.gif

My hair has a thick and thin side as well, isn't it annoying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your thinner side the side you sleep on?? I have a thinner side too and it's the side I sleep on.. I was thinking that that has something to do with it.. what do you think??

lookin good Char, maybe your husband should be a p/t cosmetologist! nice progress, and good for your persistance! its paying off
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Your cut looks really nice on you. I wouldn't trust my husband near my head with a pair of scissors.

Off Topic but I think I saw you mention before you have a wave nouveau. Is this correct? If it is what exactly is it? I always thought it was similar to like a jheri curl but maybe drier? How do you keep it up? Or how do they do it?

Also off topic-but I noticed you said you wet wrapped your daughter because of her eczema. My niece has it really bad I just wanted to know what was wet wrapping? Thinking it may help my niece out. She scratches so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi girl!
wave.gif
Wave nouveau *is* jherri curl apparently! I didn't realise till this board, I thought they were different.

Anywho, I wear my dry on purpose half the time... BUt my hair looks drier than usual because I washed it on Friday and it takes a while to get the moisture back, but this is how I usually have it anyway. When it gets too greasy I wash it.

I basically just use a combined moisturizer and activator and wash once a week (any more than that and it's pure hell cos it sooooooo dry after!) There isn't a lot more to it really, I mean, you can add little extras in if you like. I also use the biggest rods, cos I don't like the CURLY looks, I like waves
smile.gif

Sorry to hear about your niece's eczema, it really bites doesn't it? Basically wet wrapping is a new thing we are trying. We bathe her, submerge one set of of the vests and leggins in warm water, we then put moisturizer ( a THICK layer) on her damp skin then put the wet set on straight away, we then apply the dry set over this and put her usual clothes on, it keeps her skin moisturized for longer and it stops her from causing bad damage in her sleep. We do this each night! Good luck.

Rushgirl, I do sleep more on my right side, although i've been trying to alernate sides... It's hard though.

x

[ QUOTE ]
CharUK said:
Sorry to hear about your niece's eczema, it really bites doesn't it? Basically wet wrapping is a new thing we are trying. We bathe her, submerge one set of of the vests and leggins in warm water, we then put moisturizer ( a THICK layer) on her damp skin then put the wet set on straight away, we then apply the dry set over this and put her usual clothes on, it keeps her skin moisturized for longer and it stops her from causing bad damage in her sleep. We do this each night! Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I'm going to have to tell my brother about this. My niece also scratches in her sleep. In the winter time it is worse for her I don't know why. But this sounds like it might help. She just turned 6 and she is scratching contantly from it. I feel so bad for her. We put cream on her but sometimes it seems like it doesn't help. Do you bathe your daughter in anything? We bathe her in calomine lotion. It seems to ease it for a little while

I thought that the wave was similar to a curl but I wasnt' sure. You are tying to go natural now right?

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
[ QUOTE ]
CharUK said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I'm going to have to tell my brother about this. My niece also scratches in her sleep. In the winter time it is worse for her I don't know why. But this sounds like it might help. She just turned 6 and she is scratching contantly from it. I feel so bad for her. We put cream on her but sometimes it seems like it doesn't help. Do you bathe your daughter in anything? We bathe her in calomine lotion. It seems to ease it for a little while

I thought that the wave was similar to a curl but I wasnt' sure. You are tying to go natural now right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Direct him to this site http://www.wetwraps.co.uk/ It's good, I'd imagine they supply it in the USA.

Living here in england makes tianna's eczema worse because it's just dry, harsh wind and cold over here, dries out the skin even more, i get flare ups more in the winter. We bathe her in Aveeno oil, it's excellent, I've also heard that regular oats wrapped in cheese cloth is good.

Yes, I am trying to go actually, I AM GOING natural now! It's the best thing right now for me! Wish me luck!

xx

That cut is so flattering and your hair is really becomming much thicker and healthy! Congrats on the growth and your cute little girls
smile.gif

Oh and your husband does a great trim! My husband helped me trim my hair but he isn't quite so skilled yet
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CharUK said:
I've added pics of my latest big trim (well, my husband did it, and no jokes about mushroom head please
ohwell.gif
)

I love it!! Makes me wanna leave the kinky twists till next week! Tell me what you think.

http://public.fotki.com/charleneuk/more_hair_chopped/

[/ QUOTE ]no mushroom head comments here...i love that hair cut...its the same one i wanted when i was a permie, but my hair was too thin and bodyless for it to look good...VERY cute....so does this mark the end of transition for you??
~T~

Thank you guys!

Shatani, no, it's not the end just yet, although the more I cut off the closer I am!! It's very exciting!

I'm going to get kinky twists done on saturday and take the rest of my transition from there.

x

I really like the cut, char
smile.gif
Your husband did a great job and it does make you hair look thicker
up.gif

Back