NAY007

hello everybody, i am new to this board and i have to say it is very informative and it seems like all the ladies in this forum are so supportive and helpful and also they know what they are talking about.
i just wanted to say hi to everybody here.
some of you may have seen my pictures on the picturetrail already. somehow they made it here before me.. /images/graemlins/blush.gif lol

at the moment i have bra strap length hair, type 3b, and my goal is waist length. my next touch up is next week with motions oil relaxer in mild (this is the first time i will use it)
anyway,here is the link.
http://www.picturetrail.com/nay-double

Hi Nay,
Happy that you decided to join us. And yes, your pictures did make it here before you did and I must admit, I was one of the admirers /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Your hair is beautiful. Again, welcome!

girrrrrrl, yes!!! i saw your pics for the first time the other day. your hair is beautiful! like i said on another board, i'm praying for pigtails as thick as yours!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

WELCOME!!

adrienne

Hi Nay
Welcome!!!!
Yes your pics were here before you!!!
Glad you decided to join us!!!
Can I ask you what your nationality is?
I ask b/c of your features not b/c of your long hair. (don't want anyone getting mad!!) You look a lot like my brother's wife and she is Cuban and Puerto Rican.
Just curious
Valleygirl

Hi Nay,

Welcome! Yes, I did see your pictures and your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!! Keep up the good work. I'm sure you will be at waste length in no time.

Welcome, Nay! Your hair is so beautiful: long, shiny, and thick (these are also my goals). After you have a chance to look around, please let us know your hair care routine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi NAY007,

Welcome to the board! I have seen your pictures and your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

welcome to the board, Nay. Have to say that I love your hair. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif You have maintained length and thickness.

okay now it finally worked and i can answer.

my dad is maroccan and my mom is german. i also live in germany.
my hair regimen is pretty simple, to some it may not even be a regimen

i wash my hair two to three times a week and condition it (pantene, herbal essences, infusium, creme of nature, suave). two to three times a month i do a deep conditioning treatment with cholesterol or motions protein conditioner (after i used a clarifying shampoo).
i used to do a weekly hot oil treatment with olive oil but i got tooooooo lazy for that /images/graemlins/grin.gif
i also do the conditioner washes but the drying time is really getting on my nerves.
i would blowdry my hair with a round brush like three times a month. i really try to save those times for special occasions.
the other times i would let my hair air dry in two regular braids.
from time to time i would get cornrows, either just simple ones going to the back, or alicia keys style.
i like simple hair styles but i really want completely healthy, thick and waist length hair. this is my goal.
i also tried to take vitamins. i took flaxseed oil and biotin but my skin broke out after 14 days /images/graemlins/shocked.gif so i stopped. i try to drink lots of water.
hmmmmm what else, important products to me are my pantene leave in conditioner and hollywood beauty carrot oil.
i barely brush my hair. i always use my wide tooth comb and to smooth my hair a finetooth comb. and that's it.
i want to start roller setting my hair but it's kinda hard for me. i do spiral sets from time to time.
as relaxers i used to use african pride since i was 16. i always did it myself. since i joined the hair boards and heard so much good stuff about the motions oil relaxer i will try it (actually next thursday) for the first time. but since it is a change from no lye to lye i have an appointment with a stylist. and i hope she knows what she is doing.
i relax my hair about three times a year. i also trim my hair about three times a year. i love to experiment with different colors. but i don't think i will ever get highlights again. it took me three times to learn /images/graemlins/frown.gif....

well i know this was pretty long but i wanted you to know some stuff about my hair care routine and also about my goal.

i also think that with so many ladies and help on a board like this everybody should achieve their goals no matter what they are. i really hope i will achieve mine within the next 12 months. now this is really enough for now.

take care everybody, nay /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Welcome to the board, Nay007! I saw your pictures last week and thought your hair was beautiful!

I'm surprised they sell all those American products in Germany. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Glad you found us!

welcome to the board nay!
aktion030.gif

Glad to see you /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. The other day was the first time I saw you. Love the colors in your hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif. You perm your own hair (YOU GO GIRL /images/graemlins/wink.gif). Current hair length mid-back. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hello NAY007,

Your pictures did make it to the board faster than you! But that is a good thing, that means you're doing something right when it comes to haircare.

I was just wondering have you always kept your hair around that length? If you had a shorter cut, how long did it take you to get to bra-strap length?

When my hair was a 2 inches away, it took 1 1/2 years to grow from just below ear length to almost brastrap length (I'm a tall gal with a long neck).

Bienvenue, Welkomen, welcome!!(from Carbaret the musical)
glad to see you've joined us and kee p doing what your doing your hair looks great.

Back