new member with pics!

hi LHCF Members , i'm siobhan from chicago. i've been a member for about 3 months, but not active because of school. my hair is bra strap length, not sure about the texture, i have relaxed hair that is straight when wet, but i can dry it naturally in many different way. if i do nothing to it it dries into big waves. if i scunch it, it looks like 3 type hair. if anyone could help me out , that would be great.

thanks!

http://public.fotki.com/curlygirl989/
password: sutton

Hi Curlygirl, welcome!

Ur hair looks pretty. I'm not sure of ur texture cuz u mentioned that ur relaxed... naw, lemme tell the truth, I'm just not sure of textures, P.E.R.I.O.D :lol:

Welcome to the board!! Your hair looks great, I am not sure about your hair type. It would help if you could show pics of your newgrowth. I still haven't figured out what mines is :ohwell:, so that goes to show you that classifying your hair type can be difficult.

Your hair is very pretty. :) Like Peachtree, I'm not sure of the type since you're relaxed.

Very pretty. I love the airdried look. To echo what everyone else said, I'd have to see your natural texture to give input on your hair type.

wow! :shocked: your hair looks beautiful after airdrying. how do u get it to look so curly and PRETTY after airdrying??? :D

btw, welcome :newbie:

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! If my hair looked like that air dry, I wouldnt relax at all!!! Lovely!

What is your regimen?

Last edited:
genesis said:
Welcome to the board!! Your hair looks great, I am not sure about your hair type. It would help if you could show pics of your newgrowth. I still haven't figured out what mines is :ohwell:, so that goes to show you that classifying your hair type can be difficult.

you'll have to look at your natural hair in order to find out your hair type, but most of the descriptions (esp. type 3 & 4) sound the same to me, so i really dont care much for the hair typing. but, when i first joined and read andre's hair typing system, i thought i was type 1 (since i would get my hair relaxed bone straight! :grin: )

40.gif

Your hair is very pretty and shiny!

Your hair is so pretty airdryed. I'm not sure of my natural hair type either because most of my hair is still relaxed and i'm transitioning..all I know is that it is a wavy/curly combo..I guess later on i'll be willing to tell.

Welcome to the board!!!!

your hair looks great!! I hope you will be taking more pics especially with that fancy camera you have there ;)

thanks so much for the complements !! here's what I do: I’m on the modified cg routine, I shampoo every 2-3 weeks with a low detergent shampoo called devacurl low poo. i do conditioner washes everyday with devacurl one condition, its the best moisturizing condish i've ever used, with excellent slip, i comb my hair in the shower (wide tooth plastic), and only in the shower...when i risen out the condition i leave about half of it in and start scrunching before i get out. once i get out i flip my head over dry my hair in the scrunching motion, then apply tigi control freak frizz control serum in the same scrunching motion, then Quidad climate control gel. then i do something callin plopping for curl definition its detailed here
http://naturallycurly2.com/curlscene/entry.php?id=140&entrytype=articles I either air dry or sit under I drier on cool air. i'm on the no direct heat thing, and alternate every week with a protein and moistening conditioner, quidad deep treatment, motions cpr, jessicurl deep treatment. every other night i use jane carter solution nourish and shine, which is basically mango butter.
and sleep in one of thoses satin bonnet cap.

Welcome Curlygirl. Your curls are very beautiful. You're the second person I've heard of with the name Siobhan. That's my good friend's name.

Back