new member with pics!

Tai said:
Your hair is very pretty. :) Like Peachtree, I'm not sure of the type since you're relaxed.
Ditto! My hair looked similiar to your air-dried pic when I was relaxed, and I consider my natural hair to be a 3b/c on LHCF. Truthfully, I'm not sure of my hair type either. Can someone tell me?

According to Andre and growafrohairlong.com you maybe a 3a/b. I am, because neither Andre nor growafrohairlong.com mention 3c. I believe this is why it's so confusing!!!

Don't even mention the wavy hairs, because some type 2's can look like type 3's visa versa, because type 2's can curl-up too.

Maybe it will help if you read the What Is Your Hair Type link on the LHCF.

The only way you could determine your hair type is by looking at your new growth or pre-relaxer pictures since you're relaxed.

Welcome to LHCF!!!

Last edited:
WOW, your curls are amazing!!!!!

If you don't mind answering some more questions, but I would like to know what your hair was like before you relaxed. I am currently a natural 3b/3c, and if I could get my curls to look like yours I would GLADLY relax again. And I would like to know if you consider yourself "relaxed" or "texturized" and which relaxer did you use.

Again, your curls are what I have been longing for.

Thanks TK!!!!

when i was little, i was a 4a, i got my first relaxer at ten, i had more of 2c type texture, very thick and wavy,couldn't curl, then when i was 15 my hair texture changed to curls/wave. so i really don't know, its very easy for me to to lay my new growth down when i put it back in ponytails, and blends very easily in. i never really had problems with relaxers, it what i did after that made it unhealthy i.e. heat styling. i currently use Affirm reg strength relaxer every 8-12 week.

Welcome and what a gorgeous head of hair you have!!!!

Okay...spill the beans, what products, who's your stylist, generally how do you take care of your beautiful mane!

curlygirl493 said:
when i was little, i was a 4a, i got my first relaxer at ten, i had more of 2c type texture, very thick and wavy,couldn't curl, then when i was 15 my hair texture changed to curls/wave. so i really don't know, its very easy for me to to lay my new growth down when i put it back in ponytails, and blends very easily in. i never really had problems with relaxers, it what i did after that made it unhealthy i.e. heat styling. i currently use Affirm reg strength relaxer every 8-12 week.

You should still be a 4a. Relaxed type 4a can can look like a 2c. Typing is all about the new growth not the relaxed hair.

Your hair is beautiful!!

I didnt know that hair can get straighter as u get older. DO you do your own relaxers? How straight do u straighten your hair?

i go to a very good stylist, and yes, i get my hair fully relaxed 15-20 minutes. hair texture change is usually has to do with hormones change, puberty,pregnacy or menopause. i'm pretty sure my natural hair is 4a, but i have a very strange texture, i think the whole hair typing thing is so hard because just like no one natural hair looks alike, no ones relaxed hair look like, a 3b relaxed is probably not going to have the same characteristics as a 4b relaxed and, someone needs so come up with subtypes for relaxed hair.

You air-dried hair looks like it was done by a professional stylist! Beautiful! Your hair does well with relaxers!

Last edited:
Okay I saw the new pics you added YOUR HAIR IS SUPERB! Your curls are absolutely perfect! Thanks for sharing your regime btw

I have a couple of ques, i hope you don't mind.
I read that your hair is straight when wet. How long does it take you to see curl definition? During which step?

How long does it take for your hair to dry?

What product do you contribute your curl definition to? (or are they all important)

WHen you sleep on your hair (with your bonnet) how does the curls look in the morning?

Last edited:
Back