New Indian Ladies Forum - Naturally Straightening Hair

vkb247

I found this when I was searching for scientific reason for why hair is silky. This is the first thread I started reading and I should warn you that it isn't what you probably think:

http://hindustan.net/showthread.php?t=4661

Touché.

Thoughts?
Comments?

ETA: It is not a forum of just ladies.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with the structure statement, with hair shaft either being flat or rounded that determines curlyness, but not with the notion that the structure is unchangeable.
As we all know here, you can change structure with chemicals and/or heat. The molecules and bonds inside the cuticle respond to these measures, either by changing permanently, or temporarily.

Once your hair is grown out of your scalp, you can pretty much do anything to it, but be willing to suffer the consequences... or reap the rewards.

The person is asking how to "naturally" straighten your hair. I thought it was interesting because there are many threads about "naturally" loosening curls and no one has ever responded the way they do. It would probably start war over here but I thought it was interesting and perhaps even profound.

*stands up*

"My name is VKB247 and I am a nerdy info junkie."

The person is asking how to "naturally" straighten your hair. I thought it was interesting because there are many threads about "naturally" loosening curls and no one has ever responded the way they do. It would probably start war over here but I thought it was interesting and perhaps even profound.

*stands up*

"My name is VKB247 and I am a nerdy info junkie."

I guess maybe I don't understand the history of "natural straightening" on LHCF. I know we had a "natural lemon and coconut milk" graze going for a while.

They all seemed to just tell her it isn't possible to have natural straight hair if you aren't born with it. Did I miss something else?

I'm not sure I get it.... But I tend to be a little slow. It looks like she asked how to naturally straighten and everyone told her that there isnt a way. Is there something else to it?

Back