New Natural Hair Forum

Yaaaaaay....it's Hope! She's back! She was the first person to know about my big chop back in 2000 (I Instand Messaged her right afterwards).

This is the thing.....I just unsubscribed from it last week because I never saw any activity on the board. If there is some activity...can somebody invite me
smile.gif

Ladies,

That date may actually be for 2003. If I remember correctly, Hope was going to launch it after the cruise.....

[ QUOTE ]
I just unsubscribed from it last week because I never saw any activity on the board. If there is some activity...can somebody invite me

[/ QUOTE ]

The Yahoo! group is dead. You can't even read the old messages. I never bothered to unsubscribe. I still get the "message format reminder" and "chat reminder" automated emails. Before Hope went on her cruise she was going to set up a forum on the Naturaldivas page. It never happened.
confused.gif
I've sent e-mails to the naturaldivas and the old Yahoo address and never got a response.

This is the last e-mail she sent to the group (as far as I know). It's dated Sat, 15 Feb 2003 (W. Europe Standard Time) :

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,
I'm trying to braid my hair for my cruise...being extra careful with parts and all and planning at the same time... *sigh* I'll take pics and post them when I eventually finish... *looking for the 3-way mirror*
I will put the forum part of the Natural Divas site (naturaldivas.com ) up before I leave (Feb 21) so you'll have a chance to connect with each other. I'll contact everyone who wanted to moderate and choose a couple of people depending on the time they'll be able to volunteer online...
I hope everyone is doing well during these crazy times.
Hope

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I got my hopes up for nothing. Here's a thought - why don't we start a new discussion board for growing long natural hair right here on LHCF? Mods, any thoughts on this?

Great idea!!! I LOVE long natural hair and this is my goal too!!! I think some people mistankenly think that natural has to mean a either a twa or the little knots and tiny twists. But I want my natural hair long and flowy like Chaka Khan back in the day!! That's my favorite kind of hair in the world!!

I remember requesting this before...I will try to find the thread...at they time they felt like both groups (natural and relaxed) should just learn to get along and keep the advice in one place...

Maybe they have changed their minds with the number of naturals that have joined.

Count me in should they decide to do it!

i dunno, i feel happy with the way the board already is. i think we already do sorta have a forum, and i like it as one happy family.

I don't think adding a natural discussion would divide anyone. If that was the case people whould have went exclusively to nappturality a long time ago.

I am natural and I sorta like the forum the way it is. A lot of the advice shared for relaxed hair has been useful to me with my natural hair. Also the search feature can help me find answers to specific questions that apply only to natural hair should I need them. We already have a lot of repeated topics with just one forum for hair discussions; I'm sure that'd double with two.

Two forums, to me, will just be a lot of unnecessary extra work for the mods and Nikos who must monitor them and keep them running smoothly. Also those who will frequent only the forum for their hair's status quo may miss out on valuable info shared on the other forum; and then those who have the time to visit both may find it time consuming esp since some info is bound to be shared in both. Just my $0.02.

[ QUOTE ]
CocoaCure said:
Great idea!!! I LOVE long natural hair and this is my goal too!!! I think some people mistankenly think that natural has to mean a either a twa or the little knots and tiny twists. But I want my natural hair long and flowy like Chaka Khan back in the day!! That's my favorite kind of hair in the world!!

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, man ... Chaka has some hair on her head!
smile.gif
one of my fav celebs. Well, I hope you guys have room for sistas who don't plan to grow, too...

I kinda like the board the way it is too. Especially because there is a whole other site devoted to natural hair and whenever I want exclusive info on natural hair I just go there. It may however be easier to keep track of things if this board had a seperate section for nappturals. And the more exclusive a section, the more specific and helpful information one receives (at least from what I've seen). Hmm.....
scratchchin.gif
I'm on the fence on this one....

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
I remember requesting this before...I will try to find the thread...at they time they felt like both groups (natural and relaxed) should just learn to get along and keep the advice in one place...

Maybe they have changed their minds with the number of naturals that have joined.

Count me in should they decide to do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when you brought up the suggestion. I think it was on that thread about the pros and cons of relaxers and hair's health. Count me in too, if admin. decides to do it.

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
I kinda like the board the way it is too. Especially because there is a whole other site devoted to natural hair and whenever I want exclusive info on natural hair I just go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. Also, I don't think an exclusive natural section would be any more helpful because there are so many different textures & hair types on this board--there'd have to be a separate section for wavy, nappy, curly, etc. Then there might be the whole "who is natural & who is not" thing. I see it as just being divisive & creating a lot of gaps in information since we all have the same goal, anyway (long & healthy hair).

I have been in and out of my old yahoo emails and maybe this will help... type geocities.com in your address bar (with the "www" in front) and after that type /hope_long_natural_hair/ ...I hope it works for you ladies! I kept that email from last January(yep 2003). Haven't heard anything since. HTH!:)

I got the Natural Divas home page, but the links don't work...the pages can't be found. Thanks for trying to help us out, Micarae.
smile.gif

I'll give Beverly a heads up to check out the ideas in this thread.

I'm on the fence. I can see the pros and cons of a section devoted to natural hair.

Keep posting your thoughts!

I really love the board the way it is. As someone said before that there are already so many repeat threads that seperating naturals from relaxed heads will make the board slow and a bit boring.

PLUS, I have learned alot, just as much from the relaxed ladies as I have from the natural site.

Maybe the natural hair ladies are timid to post on this board. I would like to see more questions or help for natural hair but someone has to just be brave and post.

keep it as is! there are enough natural threads that i cant see a separate thread being anymore beneficial.

Well I am completely natural but I learn so much from everybody. I do not think too much about whether the person posting is relaxed or natural...just what can I learn from this individual. I personally like the board the way it is. This is the way it started, all in it together on the same page so to speak. But in the end I guess it is up to the moderators who do one heck of a job and they have my greatest respect re: how they handle their business in re: this forum. Bonjour.

I love this forum, the ladies here are truly educated and very helpful on the subject of hair care. I love getting information regardless if the post is from a person that relaxes their hair or wears it natural like myself. I love the fact that we continue to learn from each other.:)

Back