New Growth!!! HELP!

NYCITY

Hi Ladies,
I am 7 weeks into my perm and I have alot of hair growth. I would love to go another 2 or three weeks. Can you suggest a good moisturizing conditioner or a way for me to soften the growth so it's more manageable?

My favorites are Pantene Smooth & Sleek Conditioner and Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. Frequent shampooing and conditioning rinses help me to manage my new growth as well.

NYCity, a great way to keep new growth moisturizied is by first doing a pre-shampoo hotoil treatment with Olive oil, castor oil, and coconut oil (don't skimp on the castor oil). Do this with a plastic cap for at least 15-20min. Shampoo with Creme of Nature Detangling (yellow/green bottle), condition with what Allandra recommended. Once done with the shampoo, use a good detangling leave-in for the combout, apply S-Curl curl activator and fix hair into a ponytail. This routine should work wonders at softening up the newgrowth /images/graemlins/wink.gif. I stretched my last relaxer 3 mos using hot oil treatments and S-Curl. Good luck. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hello Allandra, my name is Chocodiva and I am new to the board. I have a question, where can I purchase the Elucence conditioner? I have heard so much about it. Thanks in advance.

Can I buy the Olive oil, castor oil and coconut oil seperately? I didn't know that. Can I use my ORS Olive Oil and mix with African Pride castor oil? I am not sure!!! I will buy the S-Curl also.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
NYCITY said:
Can I buy the Olive oil, castor oil and coconut oil seperately? I didn't know that. Can I use my ORS Olive Oil and mix with African Pride castor oil? I am not sure!!! I will buy the S-Curl also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes NYCITY, you can buy all three oils separately. Actually they're good to have on hand cause they serve other pruposes as well. As far as the ORS Olive Oil and the African Pride castor oil, I'm not sure because I've never used those products before. The oils I'm referring to are uncut. The olive oil is straight from the grocery store, the castor oil is cold-pressed (from health food store) and the coconut oil is unrefined from Cedarvale.

Also remember to do your protein treatments to get the hair strong and ready for the relaxer. ORS hair mayo is a good one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThursdayGirl said:
Hi there!

I tried that link and got a site about fuel cells /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Is this the one you mean:

Cedarvale Natural Health?

Thanks!
-Jueves

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, yes that's it. MY BAD!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thanks ThursdayGirl /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Re: Armyqt

ArmyQT your mom's hair is beautiful!!! That's 3 generations of healthy beautiful hair!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread!

Re: Armyqt

ms_kenesha said:
ArmyQT your mom's hair is beautiful!!! That's 3 generations of healthy beautiful hair!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks MS. Kenesha, you're really sweet!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Armyqt /images/graemlins/wave.gif,

Question? This sounds like and excellent pre shampoo treatment. How much of each oil (tbsp, tsp. 1/2 cup) do you add to the mix?

BronxDiva said:
Hi Armyqt /images/graemlins/wave.gif,

Question? This sounds like and excellent pre shampoo treatment. How much of each oil (tbsp, tsp. 1/2 cup) do you add to the mix?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bronxdiva, I use equal parts of this mixture and then add some essential oils and a few other carrier oils into a bottle with a spout for easy application. I tried to keep things simple for NYCITY so I gave her the ones I thought she could easily acess. The castor oil is the bomb tho. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chocodiva said:
Wow, thanks alot Ms. Kenesha,for your direct connection to the Elucence site.;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem Chocodiva,

I am a new Elucence addict and I'm trying to get everyone hooked!!!

Also,a lot of people have had success doing conditioner washes to soften their newgrowth. I just purchased two bottles of 22.5 oz. Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner for my co-washes which I will be restarting on Wed. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chocodiva said:
Hello Allandra, my name is Chocodiva and I am new to the board. I have a question, where can I purchase the Elucence conditioner? I have heard so much about it. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can purchase it at this web site

NYCITY if after trying all the recommendations nothing seems to be working well for you, then it maybe time doing another touch up. Unfortunately some people find it very hard to go that bit longer but if you manage it then /images/graemlins/clap.gif

LondonDiva said:
NYCITY if after trying all the recommendations nothing seems to be working well for you, then it maybe time doing another touch up. Unfortunately some people find it very hard to go that bit longer but if you manage it then /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point LD. I forgot to mention that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt, I just saw your picturetrail and noticed that you added your mom's pics. Her hair is lovely (as well as yours and your daughter's).

Did you wash and style for her? Has she always had long hair?

Back