New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

I just figured out I have heat damage when I thought I just had over processed hair which I dusted 2 months ago. Now I plan to keep my hair braided and hidden for the whole 2011 oh and no heat, so I'm not sure if it matter whether these ends are still here or what. I really don't know what to do.

Here are pics of my set back when it happened and this is my current and only hair style I wear when I'm not in braids. Should I just chop?

I think you should hang on until you feel it's doing more harm than good or that you're really ready for it.

Smiling E, I haven't BC'd yet although it's very tempting.

Nikki your curls are niiice!

fivetimestwo my back hair is almost relaxer free and I was tempted too to chop them off.

Sheryl please post pics of your hair

I hennaed for the first time last night. It's a keeper, ladies!! I'm putting it in my regimen once a month. I did get color (a mix of dark auburn-burgundy). My hair does feel thicker and fuller. I shall see how this affects my hair long-term.

Airdry but I'm open to suggestions....:yep:

Oh I was just going to say you should be able to tell if your ends are thin after you blowdry....with airdrying it depends on how you airdry I guess. I airdry in braids and I can tell by the thickness of my braids how my ends will look straight. Even if your ends are thin, you could just trim a couple of inches....get ya closer to being natural:yep:

Going through a phase again. I decided to shampoo since I wasnt doing anything else...which resulted in an hour and a half detangling session.....and now I'm thinking about chopping again. My brother's wedding is in April so it will definitely be after that. IDK ladies....

I hennaed for the first time last night. It's a keeper, ladies!! I'm putting it in my regimen once a month. I did get color (a mix of dark auburn-burgundy). My hair does feel thicker and fuller. I shall see how this affects my hair long-term.

I'm going to henna this week since I'm doing an end of the year flat iron for my length check. As of right now I only henna about every 6 months when I know I'm gonna flat iron. I'm toying around with doing it monthly though. Keep us posted on how monthly henna is working for you. I think it's great for keeping those relaxed ends from looking anorexic. :yep:

I'm going to henna this week since I'm doing an end of the year flat iron for my length check. As of right now I only henna about every 6 months when I know I'm gonna flat iron. I'm toying around with doing it monthly though. Keep us posted on how monthly henna is working for you. I think it's great for keeping those relaxed ends from looking anorexic. :yep:

I sure will! I made enough to freeze; so, I'll thaw it next month. I can't wait. I;m doing a length check and trim next month too.

8 months today ladies!!!! I just can't believe it. Everything is going well so far *knock on wood* :woot: :wiggle:

I'll be flat ironing tomorrow for my official length check and then no more heat until June. My personal "no heat for 6 months" challenge :lol:

Did an Aphogee 2min Treatment last night followed by a shea butter and green tea DC. So yummy!!

18 months post
i will transition until 24 months post. i doubt ill bc before this year is out. so jan or feb is the target month

Going through a phase again. I decided to shampoo since I wasnt doing anything else...which resulted in an hour and a half detangling session.....and now I'm thinking about chopping again. My brother's wedding is in April so it will definitely be after that. IDK ladies....

I find what helps me is to wash and DC in 4-6 braids --- makes the detangling process a lot easier

I find what helps me is to wash and DC in 4-6 braids --- makes the detangling process a lot easier

Thanks but that doesn't help me. I washed in 4 braids which is why it took so long. No matter how many braids I wash in, my hair will tangle up as soon as shampoo is near. I've tried 2- 12 braids.

Thanks but that doesn't help me. I washed in 4 braids which is why it took so long. No matter how many braids I wash in, my hair will tangle up as soon as shampoo is near. I've tried 2- 12 braids.

I've noticed that I cannot shampoo my hair. The only thing I can do is conditioner washes.

1. How far into the transition are you? 9 months
2. Whats your transition goal? 2 years but if I can go that long without relaxing I'm really thinking hard about going for 3 years.

Ok so I'm just a little obsessed with hair right now. LoL I think I'm just getting tired of transitioning. Dealing with the two textures, I also feel like my styles are limited. I would love to rock a wash n' go or co wash more! Today is wash day so before I washed I decided to wet and lather in Herbal Essence Hello Hydration to get a chance to see what my curls might look like. Here's 8 months, 2 weeks and 1 day post :wink2:

Attachments

• photo-34.jpg
    photo-34.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 86
  • photo-37.jpg
    photo-37.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 75
  • photo-35.jpg
    photo-35.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 79
  • photo-36.jpg
    photo-36.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 73
^^^Your curl pattern is absolutely gorgeous and that is some awesome growth for 8 months!! KUTGW!!!

Ok so I'm just a little obsessed with hair right now. LoL I think I'm just getting tired of transitioning. Dealing with the two textures, I also feel like my styles are limited. I would love to rock a wash n' go or co wash more! Today is wash day so before I washed I decided to wet and lather in Herbal Essence Hello Hydration to get a chance to see what my curls might look like. Here's 8 months, 2 weeks and 1 day post :wink2:

Wow, I love your hair! You have a lottttt for being 8 months post!

Hello all:rolleyes:..I am 16 months post...I havent taken too many pictures during my transition cuz I am camera shy but now I have a bald patch so it is making me even carmera shy:nono::nono:...

Okay, here's some pics of my hair. My hair's been hennaed this week and I do plan on flat-ironing it next month. So, here goes seven and a half months of transitioning.

BTW, can someone tell me my hair type? :grin:

My son was supposed to get my back. But, he's twelve and couldn't quite reach. Don't mind the sad parts in my head.

Attachments

• 7 and half months1.jpg
    7 and half months1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 7 and a half months2.jpg
    7 and a half months2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 7 and a half months3.jpg
    7 and a half months3.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
How I wore my hair today and how I'll probably wear it until next wash day. I really like it and surprisingly alot of ppl (including my bf) liked my lil fro and thought it was mine:giggle:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I know the last two look like the exact same pic but I'm retarded and couldn't choose one lol

WOW! That is a ton of growth! I'm 13 months post and I am sooo jealous!

Okay, here's some pics of my hair. My hair's been hennaed this week and I do plan on flat-ironing it next month. So, here goes seven and a half months of transitioning.

BTW, can someone tell me my hair type? :grin:

My son was supposed to get my back. But, he's twelve and couldn't quite reach. Don't mind the sad parts in my head.

Those pics are very blurry and I can't tell if you're 4a or not but it looks as though its def in the 4s.

I'm straightening my hair today and I thought I should take some wet comparison pictures. I recently got a trim to get rid of some weak looking ends. I'm 15 months post by the way.

1. August 2010
2. December 2010
3. December 2010
4. Side shot right August 2010
5. Side shot right side December 2010

Attachments

• 100_1445.jpg
    100_1445.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_1489.jpg
    100_1489.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_1490.jpg
    100_1490.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_1446.jpg
    100_1446.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_1493.jpg
    100_1493.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 64
I'm straightening today for xmas and my final length check of the year. Since I wont be seeing my NG for a good week, I decided to take pics. Just looking at the relaxed ends make me want to cut them, but I'm not happy with my length yet. I also feel like my hair texture is changing, but I've already given up on hairtyping. But here are the pics. Merry Christmas and HHG! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Attachments

• NG - xmas.jpg
    NG - xmas.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 71
  • NG - xmas1.jpg
    NG - xmas1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 64
  • NG - xmas2.jpg
    NG - xmas2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 61
  • NG - xmas3.jpg
    NG - xmas3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 64
Gonna straighten my hair today for the first time in about 5-6 months(can't remember exactly) and I'm hella nervous :nono:

I'm straightening today for xmas and my final length check of the year. Since I wont be seeing my NG for a good week, I decided to take pics. Just looking at the relaxed ends make me want to cut them, but I'm not happy with my length yet. I also feel like my hair texture is changing, but I've already given up on hairtyping. But here are the pics. Merry Christmas and HHG! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Wow, love your curlies! When do you plan to BC?

Back