New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

^ Oh ok well maybe you can do that for a few days, and have you tried rollersetting? Or you can just braid your hair and look for a natural looking wig or weave if you do fake hair?

Checking in at 9 months post. I feel like my hair is at the half way point. I'm only SL. These past nine months were not as bad as I thought. Just 9 more months to go before I even start thinking about BCing. HHG!

Last edited:
I'm having thoughts of BC'ing. I had to restrain myself on Friday night when I was trimming back to APL. So I have to braid this hair up ASAP!!

1. How far into the transition are you? I'm 19 months post
2. Whats your transition goal? Until I reach HL :) Right now I am an inch away from BSL. I should be able to claim BSL in Fab 2011. Next I hope to be MBL around Aug 2011 and hopefully WL by the end of 2011.

I'm having thoughts of BC'ing. I had to restrain myself on Friday night when I was trimming back to APL. So I have to braid this hair up ASAP!!

Same here! I have thoughts of cutting it pretty much everytime I touch it but I'm trying my best to hold out. I am over wigs right now so I think I'm going to do a combination of rollersets, twist-n-curl sets and flat iron styles to get me through this rough patch. I'm dying to chop these relaxed ends but I still want my length
:spinning:

1. How far into the transition are you? 70 weeks!!!! I never thought I would make it!
2. Whats your transition goal? Two years.

I posted these pics in the other thread. I'm hoping to go another year. And I trimmed my hair again. I hate thin ends!!!

Attachments

• 103_0038-1.jpg
    103_0038-1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 103_0053-1.jpg
    103_0053-1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 103_0056-1.jpg
    103_0056-1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 103_0084-1.jpg
    103_0084-1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 103_0062-1.jpg
    103_0062-1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 51
Okay so yesterday, I had a lot of down time during the day. I took that opportunity to take my braids down and really baby my hair. I prepooed w/ Skala Aloe Vera conditioner, shampooed and DC'd w/ my Silk Elements cholesterol. Detangling was SO easy! I was able to get a few pics of my curls and I'm so happy with my progress so far. I'll be 8 months on Thursday. Just 10-16 more months to go :lol:

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 74
^^^I sure hope so lol. I'm loving my progress though. Not sure if that's much NG for 8 months,but my nape and front grow SO slow.

1. How far into the transition are you? almost a year, 50 weeks
2. Whats your transition goal? Two years or apl stretched
maybe sooner I've had some breakage in the crown area so I cant really wear my hair down anymore:ohwell: I'm planning on cutting two inches off at my 1 year mark, hopefully that will help

Well ya'll...i'm bout to get me something to eat.....hop in the shower and co wash my hair and plait it and set it on rollers....gotta go in early tomorrow:nono:

Okay so yesterday, I had a lot of down time during the day. I took that opportunity to take my braids down and really baby my hair. I prepooed w/ Skala Aloe Vera conditioner, shampooed and DC'd w/ my Silk Elements cholesterol. Detangling was SO easy! I was able to get a few pics of my curls and I'm so happy with my progress so far. I'll be 8 months on Thursday. Just 10-16 more months to go :lol:

Love it...Look at the nice THICK roots...

Happy Hair Growing!

I am just starting on this transitioning journey.
Currently, my hair is between SL and APL. I would like to trim the ends and keep it at that level.

I've been itching to BC so I got a mini-fix today:lachen: I snipped a small section of the relaxed ends of in the crown. It looked as if most of the relaxed hair in that area had broken off anyway so I said "what the heck, I might as well". I measured this newly snipped section at 9" which is right on target for being 18 months post. I think when I get to 12" I should be ready to cut the rest off. Pics attached:

doit4fun78

My nape grows super slow too NikkiQ :'( But the front and crown grows fast...go figure!

darn you! I wish my front grew fast dangit!

Awesome progress girl!!! Where are your relaxed ends:look: i almost fainted bc i though you BC already.

who, me??? can't be me. you can't miss those things lol :lol:

Love it...Look at the nice THICK roots...

Happy Hair Growing!

:blush: thanks Lita! there is some serious shrinkage going on with them things too.

1. How far into the transition are you? - Today 1 year

2. Whats your transition goal? - 2,3, ... years more of "stretching" non-stop. I call it stretching indefinately ... feels like less work

As of today I'm 8 months 2 Weeks post. A few months ago I had a huge set back while taking out braids (My hair Matted up!). I had planned on a long term transition since I had a little length but since the set back i've been itching to just get rid of it all the relaxed ends. Here are pics of my set back when it happened and this is my current and only hair style I wear when I'm not in braids. Should I just chop?

Attachments

• photo-32.jpg
    photo-32.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 57
  • photo-31.jpg
    photo-31.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 55
  • photo-29.jpg
    photo-29.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 53
  • photo-30.jpg
    photo-30.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 52
  • photo-33.jpg
    photo-33.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 49
Has anybody found their HG staples for 2011?? I believe i've found mine:yep:.....i have a feeling i'm gonne BC by the end of next year....a BIG feeling. I feel like transforming my whole look.

-EVOO for detangling
-Bee Mine Balanced Luscious for daily moisturizing
-Almost any moisturizing sulfate free shampoo- right now i'm feeling Bee Mine Botanical
-Bee Mine Serum for my scalp

Hey ladies! Just checking in....

So I'll be 13 months post on Monday....I need to shampoo my hair....I haven't shampooed since Thanksgiving...but I really dont feel like it...I'm kind of scared lol....but I need to get these cones out....think I'll just co-wash and shampoo some other time:ohwell:

Gonna try my phony puff for Christmas.

Oh yeah I was able to do the 2 strand twists and they actually stayed without using products! I just did them to get my hair out of the way so they arent cute so no pics:look: but I think I'll probably try a real style sometime soon.

Christmas is almost here and I'm supposed to flat iron my hair. I really don't want to b/c I'm 16 months post and I'm afraid of how thin my relaxed ends may look. They may not be thin; I'm probably just too worried. :look: :blush:

Back