New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

For real, I am going to sit down somewhere. No more chopping for me...if anything this mini-BC has made me more hesitant to cut. I need longer hair! :look:

Alta Angel, mrsjohnson... I've heard (seen) chopping areas means you'll be BC'ing sooner than you think.
No more chopping :naughty:

mrsjohnson, :yep: hair twin definitely!

@Candy and Femme:

Actually...My hair is texlaxed (unintentionally) so it curls up a little. To get my curls tighter and more defined...I scrunch it. I was thinking of doing a youtube tutorial...but i'm shy...lol! The trick is to seal in the oil with your hair fresh out of the shower, and use a gel and hairspray...then scrunch the water out of your hair with an old tee shirt or paper towels while holding your head upside down...you can diffuse it after if you are short on time.

it's a little tricky, but i got 3rd day hair just spritzing with water on the 2nd and 3rd day.

I had my husband take some shots of my hair sprayed with water and Suave coconut. I twisted it up and then took it down. The pics came out horribly, but here goes.

Attachments

• Transition Month 13 001.JPG
    Transition Month 13 001.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Transition Month 13 002.JPG
    Transition Month 13 002.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Transition Month 13 003.JPG
    Transition Month 13 003.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 55
I haven't been in here in a while but I wanted to update you ladies. I am 8 mths post. I took my braids out about 2 weeks ago. I also cut a lot of relaxed ends off. Granted I didn't have much because I was growing my hair out of a short cut. Before I got the braids one side of my head in the back had broke off significantly. I am battling dryness and trying to learn my hair texture, what ever that is. I don't want to take any picks because I am hating this short hair and the puffiness. I am currently wearing wigs with my hair braided underneath. I will take pic on my next wash day. What are you ladies using to keep your hair moisturize. I am also waiting on an order from Qhemet Biologics.

Alta Angel and mrsjohnson, give me some of that growth!!! I honestly doubt my hair is that long at the nape and I am (almost) 18 months post!

Yes its 100%natural. I pulled from the very bottom of my nape though. Had I pulled from the ear area, it would have looked shorter. The very back measures six inches, but shrinks to about 3.

That's alot of growth Alta Angel. Your nape is fully natural? I'll be ready to chop when I get to that length!

Last edited:
For real, I am going to sit down somewhere. No more chopping for me...if anything this mini-BC has made me more hesitant to cut. I need longer hair! :look:

BTW.....GREAT GROWTH!!!

I agree! My cutting has made it harder for me to bun now:nono:. I have to use bobby pins in the back.:look:

Last edited:
My BF is so sweet he said "when are you doing your BC, so you can let your natural hair be free; stop worrying about length and just do it. I will ask you everyday until you get tired of me and just do it" this man is so crazy I told him I have a goal and he suggested that I do a video journal so when his daughter gets older she will be able to see the beauty behind my transition. what a sweet guy and all this time I thought he was tired of me and my hair

You have to evaluate why you really want to go natural. 3-4 months is a tough place for many transitioners (also 7-8 months). I remember this was about when I put braids in my hair bc I was getting frustrated dealing with the 2 textures. If you want to continue transitioning I strongly recommend putting in some kind of protective style so you don't have to deal with the 2 textures for a while
I have been learning how to deal with my hair... it's a journey...=) I definitely plan to do a sew in... trying to justify the cost of EP hair! but I'm more hopeful now, and so far committed to a healthy head of hair.. ah long hair!

@arm445 - that is really sweet. You've got a good one. That's great you have someone on the other side (male) that is also supporting you in your journey.

^^^ thanks he is great, I really thought he got aggrevated when I talked to him about my hair, but now I see he listens.

Last edited:
I have started using the crown & glory technique to detangle. and I LOVE it! Who is uses this method? And why has nobody told me about this before! This will make transitioning SO much easier!

New discovery!

My flexis look way better when they are done on previously air dried hair! This will be a summer keeper for sure.

I have modified my routine somewhat since my mini-BC. I noticed that my 4b hair in the nape area can get pretty dry. So, I have gone back to basics and have started moisturizing my hair with Qhemets AOHC and OHHB and my spritz with 5 oz distilled water, 1 oz EVOO, 1 oz honey, 1 oz aloe vera gel, 1 oz veg glycerin, and a couple of drops of jojoba oil. In addition, I now baggy at night. I wear a plastic cap with a scarf over it when I go to bed. I have been doing this for three days, and my hair is moisturized all day. In the morning I spray with the spritz, attach bun, wear scarf to set hair and that's it. I will be adding a protein conditioner (Organics Mayo) to my DC once a week, just in case.

I flat ironed for the first time in ages (pics in siggy) and my hair feels lush and thick. I'm loving my transition right now.
Keep it going everyone.

I thought I posted in here. If this is a repeat, please forgive me.

I'm 7 weeks post and very happy! I texlaxed, so my hair wasn't really straight. I'm used to dealing with thick hair and detangling, much better than the first time I transitioned/BC. Also, I haven't used heat in about a week b/c I've been doing braidouts. My hair is really thriving this way :yep: I'm excited to see how it looks at 26 weeks or 6 months. I hope to BC December 2011.

Let's keep growing ladies!

ETA: I read about Suave's Shea Butter and Almond conditioner in another thread. It's supposed to be comparable to Aveda (I've never used that so...). This stuff is great! The first time I used it, I rinsed my hair almost completely. It was okay, my hair stayed moisturized. But last night, I rinsed about 60% out. My hair was so soft, lots of slip. This morning, my hair is super soft and moisturized (used a shea butter mixture).

I just thought I'd let you know. :yep:

Last edited:
:look: so I was watching TV...

Inspired by mrsjohnson and Alta Angel, I decided to cut the back inch of my nape and I twisted that section (I need to get better with my twists!):

Then I thought "Why not chop a bigger section ?" ;)

2 more days and I'm going to be all natural :yay:

I'm going to bed now :grin:

Inspired by mrsjohnson and Alta Angel, I decided to cut the back inch of my nape and I twisted that section (I need to get better with my twists!):

look at all that luscious natural hair. :lick: can`t wait for the BC!

Looking good MummysGirl! Great progress and very inspirational!

yayaya
12 months 4 days post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grin::grin::grin:
icon10.gif
icon7.gif
icon12.gif

Your hair looks fabulous!!! Doesn't it feel great to accomplish a goal? I look forward to joining you in the newly natural thread in 6 months!

Whoa MG I can't wait for the 20th :grin:

Back