Nervous about straightening for the first time...

danigurl18

Hello ladies! I am getting my hair pressed tomorrow for my undergrad pics and I'm a little nervous.. I'm letting my friend do it because she is a licensed cosmotologist and she has alot of experience with natural hair.. What is a good heat protectant that I could get from either Target or CVS? Thanks!

This has been the question of the season..."what is a good heat protectant?" I'm about to take the straightening plunge and I think I might have it together but still open to more advice...BUMP!

Not being funny, but if your friend is a licensed cosmetologist, don't you trust HER to provide a good heat protectant? Especially if you have enough confidence in her to let her straighten it for you....

Soulie, I think Danigurl trusts our judgement better on product but trusts her friend on the procedure. But that's just how I see it...

well um I plan on straightening my hair for undergrad pics next month and would like to know the same thing? What is a great heat protectant?

Well I LOVE Sabino. Redken heat glide is good too,i've never had any probs. Now as far as Target or CVS...i've seen Chi heat protectant which is supposed to be good...I've used Got2b straightening products before with good results. That's the only thing i've ever gotten from CVS as far as heat protectants. Please don't let her try to talk you out of using a heat protectant. I know many stylist like her that don't use anything cause they say it gives your hair more body (whatever)

I use Proclaim Emerald Bergamot hair dress (green grease) to straighten my hair. No damage whatsoever. When I wash my hair, all of my strands shrink back to normal.

I love Beyond the Zone Turn up the Heat. There was no sizzling (which I got using the Sally's brand of CHI Iron Guard), it gives great shine, and my hair regained it's curliness quicker after using it last time (which was my first time using it).

The lady at Sally's told me it is their best selling heat protectant.

Am I too late? I just saw all chi products on sale at target today! My wallet told the pj in me to die.

I use Proclaim Emerald Bergamot hair dress (green grease) to straighten my hair. No damage whatsoever. When I wash my hair, all of my strands shrink back to normal.

Poohbear, you were so right about this, except I used Blue Magic (I found it in my mom's house :look:)! I used it on my hair when I straightened a couple of weeks ago. It was not greasy at all and my hair had so much body and swing :grin: My hair was straight for a good minute until 4 days later when I began to miss my hair. I washed and my curls came right back - no worries.

she has a lot of experience with natural hair and doesn't use a heat protectant? oh well, to each his own, or whatever.

i loooove sabino but since you said target or cvs im throwing in a bid for the silk elements heat protectant spray. i hear lots of good things about it. that's actually next on my list since my mom feels the need to use half a bottle of sabino every time she straightens her hair. i'm really bad at answering questions i know since silk elements is at sally but hey, maybe there is one of those near you.

Back