Need Your Critique-What length is this?

Is this shoulder length?

• Yep

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Nope (tell me how much farther I have to go)

Votes: 77 75.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LaidBak

I need to know what length I am. I thought NL but upon today's inspection I realized that my hair grazes my shoulders on each side. But I want to know the official LHCF definition of shoulder length. Am I there yet?

Attachments

• Dec 001.jpg
    Dec 001.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 22
  • Dec 005.jpg
    Dec 005.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Dec 002.jpg
    Dec 002.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 28
My personal opinion is when you have hair touching your shoulders thats SL. But i'm sure somebody else can chime in with a more experienced opinion

IMO, the beginning of SL, it's hard cuz the neck and shoulders connect, NL IMO, is that you can't put your hair in a ponytail, and SL you can put it in a ponytail...so from the look of it you can put it in a ponytail. JMO....

based on this diagram......maybe an inch or two more....:yep:

Attachments

• PG13hairchart.jpg
    PG13hairchart.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 99
I say no... my hair is about the same length as yours with a slight bend because I rollerset my hair every night so my hair is never straight down like yours. I am not claiming shoulder length until my hair is at my shoulders with the bend--probably after this 20 week stretch.

Last edited:
You're shoulder length imo. Your hair touches your shoulder. It's layered though, so I wouldn't say full shoulder length.

Collarbone is when it hits your collarbone, which should be coming up soon. (Good luck! :))

Sometimes it seems as if people don't recognize shoulder length until it's a little past the shoulders, like collarbone length, but no it's called SHOULDER length for a reason imo.

You're exactly where my hair would be if it was relaxed. I'm so sick of this length.

But you will definitely be at full shoulder length by June 2009. :)

Darlin--this picture is EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you! Looks like collar bone is what I need to base my goal on.
In the front, maybe, but in back, I would go by the 1-mark on yoiur shirt in your siggy:yep:. Just because you may hit SL in the Back before you hit it in the front (you are similar to me in hair shape/cut).

I'd say that you are full necklength. Another inch or so will put you at shoulder-length. Congrats and happy growing!

Kinda off topic: I think that one of the reasons that people say that it takes so long to go from shoulder to APL is because they claim SL really early. It adds a couple of months more to the journey.

I think your SL but not FULL SL. I think once your hair and enough hair (which you have) hits a point whether at your shoulders,collar bone or arm pit you can claim it. Congrats girlie!

I think you are at the begining of SL. If it is touching your shoulder, as it seems to be, then its shoulder length. Claim it girl!

Personally, I think neck length is when your hair reaches where your neck and shoulders join, shoulder length is where your collar bone and shoulders join and collar bone is the very lowest part of your collar bone. So I'd say you're neck length at the moment. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

I voted no...but you don't have very far to go at all. Its grazin' enough you could claim it....but to OWN it, just a little more patience.:grin:

Back