Need some help (pic included)

stephluvshair

This is my fifth day of my rollerset.

I have been noticing that the sides of my hair is shorter than the rest of my hair. As the back approaches full Apl on its way to Bsl. The sides of my hair reach shoulder length. From the front my hair looks like its shoulder length uuugh I HATE it. I know that I had layers in the front and bangs before. But i really hate that they are short. Does anyone have any suggestions to speed up the growth on the sides? I was thinking about using JBCO twice a week but i rollerset and its so thick, will it weigh it down?

Sorry, I can't be of too much help. Hope a pro responds.
But, maybe use the JBCO or essential oils on your scalp to stimulate growth?

Also, although JBCO is thick, I've found that it kind of loses its thickness after a while when it's absorbed...

Hey Girl!!

To answer your question. I agree that you should try the JBCO. I've heard nothing but good reviews for speeding up one's growth rate. Infact, if you try it, let me know your review/results.

I know you don't want to hear this, but, it will take a little patience and TLC. Besides, you are not looking at it the right way....I know that you don't want your sides shorter than the rest of your hair, but DAMN, while you're waiting for it to grow out... you might as well make it work for you, girl.

Many people would die for face framing layers, which is what you unintentionally have. If styled right, I believe this is always a good look!!

How cute are these? :rolleyes:

dania-ramirez-12090704.jpg
[/IMG]

031116kimberleylocke.jpg
hairstyle-gallery-0508-Niquae-017-m.jpg

Hey Girl!!

To answer your question. I agree that you should try the JBCO. I've heard nothing but good reviews for speeding up one's growth rate. Infact, if you try it, let me know your review/results.

I know you don't want to hear this, but, it will take a little patience and TLC. Besides, you are not looking at it the right way....I know that you don't want your sides shorter than the rest of your hair, but DAMN, while you're waiting for it to grow out... you might as well make it work for you, girl.

Many people would die for face framing layers, which is what you unintentionally have. If styled right, I believe this is always a good look!!

How cute are these? :rolleyes:

dania-ramirez-12090704.jpg
[/IMG]

031116kimberleylocke.jpg
hairstyle-gallery-0508-Niquae-017-m.jpg

Real cute! :grin:

I've noticed this with a lot of women that tend to wear their hair down a lot. The sides of the hair rub against the sholders and clothing and end up looking layered and shorter than the back.

This could also just be the way your hair grows.

Also, when I had my BC my hair was cut even all over my head. Which makes it looks like I have natural layers because the back looks longer than the top when they are really both about 10-11 inches but of course because the back starts lower it looks longer. Have you checked to make sure they aren't the same length and just look different because of where they are are on your head?

I've noticed this with a lot of women that tend to wear their hair down a lot. The sides of the hair rub against the sholders and clothing and end up looking layered and shorter than the back.

This could also just be the way your hair grows.

Also, when I had my BC my hair was cut even all over my head. Which makes it looks like I have natural layers because the back looks longer than the top when they are really both about 10-11 inches but of course because the back starts lower it looks longer. Have you checked to make sure they aren't the same length and just look different because of where they are are on your head?

EXACTLY, I have unintentional/natural layers, and I thought its cause my hair is uneven....but it's not. My hair is 10-11 inches all around my head also, and the fact that the back of head is closer to my back it makes it look as if the hairs in the back are longer.

I have the same problem that you have, but harder to style. One side of my head is thicker and shorter than the other side. I've had this problem all my life, it is really weird. I like the length of one side and the thickness of the other. It is really hard to wear my hair down because of it. I wish I had that 'V' in the back like you do.

That's so true about all your hair being the same length, but since the back starts lower it looks longer than the rest.

I think the only way around that is when you first start growing your hair (I know darn well you aren't going to cut it now). You'd have to keep your back short until the sides and front get longer. I've tried this several times but could never keep cutting the back.

But the previous posters made good points about making it work for you in the meantime. It's beautiful hair, nice and thick.

Girl don't even worry about it, it may be the way your hair grows. I love those styles and my hair in a roller set looks just like Kimberley's :lachen:

Back