Shoulder length buns.... pics please

SCarolinaGirl

I want to bun my hair everyday but I'm only shoulder length (shorter in the front and sides). I need some ideas, I think my donut bun may be hurting more than helping. Pics would be great! Thanks!

I found a great little donut thing at the BSS. You just put your hair through it and pin it aroung the edges. It looks like you have a big bun of hair.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my donut bun, why do you think the donut is hurting more than helping? Make sure the ponytail is not too tight and try putting some oil and/or conditioner on your donut before applying.

Attachments

• IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 142
DSC05274.jpg

DSC05273.jpg

Here is my donut bun. I don't have enough hair to make a nice sized bun without accessories. I used business/pantihose style socks to make my donut

Last edited:
Hey,

I am not full shoulder length yet but here are some of the buns that I sport:

IA the my ends feel better when I don't sport a donut, this I used a kids phony pony(cause they are not as bulky). My hair is in a bun and the kids pp is over my bun.
adbun.jpg

This is another bun that I sometimes do, I cut a whole in an old ratty phony and cut a small hole in the middle of it, I then put my hair in a ponytail and slid my pony through the whole of the phony pony. Then I fanned my hair over the phony pony to blend and then just tucked the ends in and secured w/ 2 bobby pins.
bun.jpg

The last thing is, have you thought about using a mane clip or the other clip- I cannot think of the name right now, you basically clip on to your pony and the pin it into a bun.
maneclipbun.jpg

Last edited:
Hey,

I am not full shoulder length yet but here are some of the buns that I sport:

IA the my ends feel better when I don't sport a donut, this I used a kids phony pony(cause they are not as bulky). My hair is in a bun and the kids pp is over my bun.
adbun.jpg

This is another bun that I sometimes do, I cut a whole in an old ratty phony and cut a small hole in the middle of it, I then put my hair in a ponytail and slid my pony through the whole of the phony pony. Then I fanned my hair over the phony pony to blend and then just tucked the ends in and secured w/ 2 bobby pins.
bun.jpg

The last thing is, have you thought about using a mane clip or the other clip- I cannot think of the name right now, you basically clip on to your pony and the pin it into a bun.
maneclipbun.jpg
I believe the other clip you are talking about is the UPA clip. I have one and that is exactly what I do. I've attached a picture of my UPA clip.

Attachments

• UPA_Clip2.jpg
    UPA_Clip2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 61
Here are some protective styles I use to wear when my hair was SL.

bun05.jpg

Attachments

• 6e1f8a0b00000025108AbuWzVo5Yt1-vi.jpg
    6e1f8a0b00000025108AbuWzVo5Yt1-vi.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_0979_edited-vi.jpg
    100_0979_edited-vi.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 43
Wannabelong- thank you I was having a serious brain cramp. And your UPA clip looks very nice.

I love your hair Dlewis.

Here is a pic of my donut bun, why do you think the donut is hurting more than helping? Make sure the ponytail is not too tight and try putting some oil and/or conditioner on your donut before applying.

I have to comb my hair over the donut and I don't know if it's causing breakage.

Ladies, Thanks for all of the ideas. I love the UPA clip!

I have to comb my hair over the donut and I don't know if it's causing breakage.

Ladies, Thanks for all of the ideas. I love the UPA clip!

Thats kinda how I'm thinking too. Like the ends would just start breaking. I have one of those donuts that isn't foam but some black spongy plastic like material, and I think I am going to rock it this week.

Back