Need Advice...Naturals who straighten...

My personal opinion is that roller setting natural hair is a waste of time unless you have only a slight wave pattern. The tension may help straighten the length of your hair without direct heat but it doesn't do anything for the ends. I don't know what your technique is like or what kind of tools you are using but I think your ends would be straighter after if you blow dried your hair after washing and conditioning. Following up with a flat iron or pressing comb would then make the entire length silky.

I disagree. My hair is 3C and I can get my enddd pretty straight if I rollerset correctly. When I'm flatirong, I don't really care much since I'm going to straighten it anyways.

OP, why method is similar to yours. My only issue with rollersetting is that it does not completely seal my cuticles like flat irorning does. To combat this, I just flat iron on low.

Question...when you press your hair with grease does it fill weighed down? Perhaps I won't use coconut oil for blowdrying and pressing and just use it after my hair straighten only.
No, it doesn't feel weighed down. My individual hair strands are fine rather than thick. If I use too too much, it may feel stiff, but other than that, I can get my hair to be light and flowy with grease. Just don't go heavy-handed.

What type of flat iron did you use and on what temperature...That might have something to do with it as well...

Back