Need a Short Hairstyle, Make your Recommendations!

Ms Red

PLEASE!! Make your Recommendations on a short haircut!!

Hi ladies,

Please post pics of short haircuts or describe. Thank you!!!

Unfortunately, after my relaxer disaster from my stylist (that resulted in 2 bald spots), I have come to the conclusion that I need to let my ends go and get a haircut. Not a trim, not a dusting, a cut. :(

So I am asking for your recommendations on cut, manageable styles (please post photos if you can or describe). I am getting this done on Saturday and I just figured I would rather start over with short healthy hair than neck-length damaged hair... Even though (until the last year) I have never had hair shorter than armpit length and I'm scared to wear short hair, I think it is a must. I've scheduled a dermatologist appointment for next week to ensure that the spots are from chemical damage only.

I don't know if I'm bold enough to go all Eva the Diva (I do have a 9-5) but I will need a CUTE cut. Here's some background:

*I have an oval shaped face
*My hair is 4A and about 7 inches around in a blunt cut (a low ponytail touches my shoulders).
*I anticipate that I'll have to cut about 2-2/1 inches off or more.
*I will not be perming again-- I am transitioning now.
*Don't know if I am bold enough to get a tapered cut- never had it that short
*I don't want a style that will need to be cut every few weeks because I do want LONG hair!
*For my regimen, I wash my hair about twice a week and don't want to use direct heat
*I have a hood dryer
*Oh, and I'M SCARED!!! :ohwell:

PLEASE RECOMMEND A HAIRSTYLE!!!! :) TIA, cupcake

Last edited:
Tru... Thank you for the link of styles. I really love some of the bobs that I saw.

Yes, I am transitioning. My hair is about 2 inches past my earlobes now (blunt cut) and I am looking to cut off 2-3 inches of hair all around. As much as I want to retain length, I must cut because the ends are very damaged from overlapping. No more relaxers. :naughty:

Thanks Enchantment. I got the haircut (2-2.5 inches cut off) about 3 weeks ago. It's like a backwards bob (God I need a camera), the back is short (not tapered) and the sides and crown are about 4-5 inches long. It's in layers b/c of the damage. But it's healthy and that's what counts. Oh, and in 2 months I would say I have about 1.5-2" of new growth.

Back