Need a good Cream Moisturizer!!

LABETT said:
Hey Lindy, Glad to see old hairtwin posting again WELCOME back.
I tried the NTM silk touch leave in and I just dont like it as much as the UBH moisturizer I keep going back to it.
Unfornately I have not found a moisturizer that compares to the UBH mositurizer.

I will have to go ahead and try this out.

Lindy said:
HEY LABETT!! :wave:

I may break down and buy that UBH again one of these days... :look: I'm going back to the BSS store in an hour to look for that Elasta QP Oil Moisturizer first though!! :lol: Sounds like it's worth a try!!... and I actually don't mind that it's oilier than the UBH because I always had to add a little oil to the UBH anyway... :yep: Thanks to the poster who recommended the Elasta... ;)

I did the same. I am still testing out another product so I am going to try out this one next week. (It's only cost 2.99 also. What a deal!)

apples said:
I'm now using Silk Elements Megasilk Leave-in Hair Moisturizing Creme...

from Sallys.

It's light and it smells good too! and it's mineral oil free!!

I was using Profectivs BreakFree, (and I still love this as a leave-in after washing) but I realized that I could get a 8 oz container of the Megasilk, for the same price that I was paying for a 4 oz container of the BreakFree!

does this smell anything like the deep conditioner??? I just love the smell of that stuff.

when you say the deep conditioner are you talking about the moisturizing treatment...I hate the smell of that. I just bought the leave-in today and it reminds me of ors olive oil lotion, it does have olive oil in it too.

sassyhair said:
when you say the deep conditioner are you talking about the moisturizing treatment...I hate the smell of that. I just bought the leave-in today and it reminds me of ors olive oil lotion, it does have olive oil in it too.

Okay, I had to get it. I was talking about the MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment. So yes, I think we are talking about the same thing.

How did the Leave-In smell? I meant to pick this up yesterday but I was to busy school shopping. I did like the ORS Olive Oil Lotion so I might like this one. I just didnt care to much for the smell of the ORS Olive lotion. (but it didnt smell bad or anything. Just nothing great.)

Mizani_Mrs said:
I use the UBH creme moisturizer, daily. its the only product on the market that doesnt' contain mineral oil, NOR protein. so it softens and not hardens the hair (like adding protein or mineral oil). If u dont want to pay the money (i know the feeling). I have started using Elasta QP Recovery Oil moisturizer, daily. It works just the same...it is a tad bit more oilier though. so use it sparingly. it does not weigh the hair down.

I have used the NTM as a leave-in and a daily moisturizer. It DID NOT work for me....my hair felt very very dry.

Maybe i'll try the keracare headdress if it doesn't contain mineral oil and too much protein...

I use the QP Recovery today and loved it. I will use it again on freshly washed hair to see if it performs the same. But right now, it's a keeper and I will save the extra money I was considering spending on the UBH moisturizer. Thanks again!

just wanted to say :wave: ....

I don't use a traditional creme moisturizer... but when I feel the need, I'll mix up some conditioner & oil...works just as good (for me!)

Mizani_Mrs said:
I use the UBH creme moisturizer, daily. its the only product on the market that doesnt' contain mineral oil, NOR protein. so it softens and not hardens the hair (like adding protein or mineral oil). If u dont want to pay the money (i know the feeling). I have started using Elasta QP Recovery Oil moisturizer, daily. It works just the same...it is a tad bit more oilier though. so use it sparingly. it does not weigh the hair down.

I have used the NTM as a leave-in and a daily moisturizer. It DID NOT work for me....my hair felt very very dry.

Maybe i'll try the keracare headdress if it doesn't contain mineral oil and too much protein...

I also use UBH creme. I currently have my hair natural and im about to get a relaxer. When using the UBH creme, do you get a white build up in the hair after a little while?

I just used the silk elements leave in on wet hair .......this is the stuff I have been looking for! yippee skippee. cheap yet effective! I bet it will be great on dry hair too.

sassyhair said:
I just used the silk elements leave in on wet hair .......this is the stuff I have been looking for! yippee skippee. cheap yet effective! I bet it will be great on dry hair too.

I am glad you got to try this. Thanks for the Apples for the 411. I might try this one next. Did Sally have a sale on it for this month??

sassyhair said:

Is this what you're using Sassyhair? I looked for this last time I was in Sally's and they were sold out, which makes me think it's really good. It says it has olive oil and shea butter in it. What else is in it? Not that I need any more products, but just as a matter of interest... :look:

373225.jpg

yea priestess is took me a while to find it, everywhere I went it was sold out too. I finally found it this month, I wasnt even looking for it...funny aint it. peanut oil, castor oil, silk amino acids, and some other stuff.

sassyhair said:
yea priestess is took me a while to find it, everywhere I went it was sold out too. I finally found it this month, I wasnt even looking for it...funny aint it. peanut oil, castor oil, silk amino acids, and some other stuff.

Cool, thanks Sassyhair. I feel that pj itch coming on suddenly, yet again. :look:

sassyhair said:

This is what I use. I love it!

Priestess said:

I picked this one up and I like it too. I do not need to search for any more moisturizers. I have found the ones I like! A few thanks to thread. Thanks ladies.

*Still love the QP Recovery Moisturizer, my beloved Oyin Whipped Pudding, ORS Olive Oil is good, and the Silk Elements!*

I tried the silk elements leave-in on dry hair and wrapped it, I love it! This stuff is the truth. better than the bb growth lotion I have been raving about although the bb is still the bomb on my wet hair.

I bought a hair milk at a store near my apt in Brooklyn. It is quite moisterizing and you only need to use a little bit. The place is called "Karen's Body Beautiful", the lady makes the products on the premises.
I am surprised I have not heard from it before.

I had hard hair last week due to protein overdose, I used the hair milk in my hair and my hair felt so soft afterwards.

LaFaraona said:
I bought a hair milk at a store near my apt in Brooklyn. It is quite moisterizing and you only need to use a little bit. The place is called "Karen's Body Beautiful", the lady makes the products on the premises.
I am surprised I have not heard from it before.

I had hard hair last week due to protein overdose, I used the hair milk in my hair and my hair felt so soft afterwards.

Hmmm, that sounds interesting...I live in NYC does she have a site? :)

Darn look at this PJ itch coming on...:lol:

Oh yea, I like Qhemet Biologics Alma and Olive Heavy Cream....(you have to order it) ORS Olive Oil (this is so decadent, the best on dry ends) and Cantu Grow Strong (beware, if u can't take protein....the moisture is heavenly tho, but I believe you must be a frequent washer with this)

Oh my gosh, I gotta get my hands on the Silk Elements leave-in cream. Why didn't I buy this last month when I saw they had it in stock?! Must get cream... :driver:

Mizani_Mrs said:

I just decided to start back using my Elasta regularly. Glad I bumped into this post.

Back