Need a good Cream Moisturizer!!

Lindy

I'm an "old head" and haven't been on this board for a while so first I want to say a big hello to all my old buddies here!! :wave:...

OK, Now down to business... :p I'm sorry ladies, I'm sure this question has been asked many times before, but I'm trying to find a good cream moisturizer that I can use daily without it weighing my hair down. Something without mineral oil (makes my hair too greasy, my scalp itchy and weighs my hair down).

I am using Profectiv Break Free (I think... the one in the pink jar) but I'm just looking to see if there's anything better out there!! I've used Cathy Howse UBH Cream Moisturizer in the past and I liked it, but just don't like the price and having to pay s/h...) But if it's really the best I will break down and buy it again!! Is anyone still using it??

TIA! :)

NTM Silk Touch leave-in is the truth. It does not weigh the hair down and leaves it very moisturized.

If you want something thicker, I love Jane Carter Solution hair nourishing cream

Mizani H2O Rose Hairdress is nice and also smells nice too.
ORS Olive oil moisturizer is good also but doesn't smell as nice.

So you can use the NTM Silk Touch as a DAILY moisturizer, even though it's supposedly a leave-in conditioner?? Hmmm... I'll have to give that a try because I do like the NTM Shampoo and the serum!! Thank you!! :up:

I've tried the Mizani H2O but I don't like the smell... but thanks for the suggestion!! :grin:

Hi Lindy!

I use NTM Silk Touch Daily, I use it as a leave in and a moisturing product.

It's especially great for braid out styles.

Enjoy!
Lavnder :)

Lindy said:
So you can use the NTM Silk Touch as a DAILY moisturizer, even though it's supposedly a leave-in conditioner?? Hmmm... I'll have to give that a try because I do like the NTM Shampoo and the serum!! Thank you!! :up:

I've tried the Mizani H2O but I don't like the smell... but thanks for the suggestion!! :grin:

I'm going over to the BSS at lunch time today... they may not have the NTM but I want to check out the Keracare... Thanks again! :)

My Favorite: ABBA Nourishing Leave-In (sold at some supermarkets). $7.99 for 12 ounces. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Use it on dry hair. Use it on wet hair. Use it on damp hair. Use it to smooth down out-of-control hair.

Keracare LITE oil Moisturizer with heat protecting agents.
Keracare Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil - I've never used it because it looks waaay to heavy for my hair, but I know a lot of ladies (with beautiful hair) rave about it. May be worth a shot.

macherieamour said:
consigning on the Keracare creme headdress. its absorbs and doesnt leave my hair weighed down
Girl...we knew you'd come up in here and co-sign that. Your "keracare" alarm went off again!!!

:lol:

I'm now using Silk Elements Megasilk Leave-in Hair Moisturizing Creme...

from Sallys.

It's light and it smells good too! and it's mineral oil free!!

I was using Profectivs BreakFree, (and I still love this as a leave-in after washing) but I realized that I could get a 8 oz container of the Megasilk, for the same price that I was paying for a 4 oz container of the BreakFree!

I am natural, but this may work for you too....HTH

Curls Milkshake........new leave-in for wet/dry hair

Ingredients: pure coconut milk, sweet almond milk, soy milk, cetearyl alcohol, coconut oil, olive oil, pomegranate seed oil, monoii de Tahita, avocado oil, stearalkonium choloride, plumeria extract, rosemary extract, fragrance.

Well I'm back from the BSS, and unfortunately, I came out with the same ole Profectiv Break Free!! I'm washing my hair tonight so I HAD to buy something... I'm clean out!!

The price of the Keracare was ridiculous ($15.99 for the big jar and $8.99 for the small one), plus it had Mineral Oil...

I started to buy the Elasta QP Mango Butter, just for a change, but I don't like the consistency; it's so thick, and it gives no shine whatsoever... :down:

I'm going to have to check out that Sallys Silk Elements Moisturizer... sounds good!! :yep:

Lindy said:

I didn't care for this one and just gave it away.

Where are you all finding the NTM?? I know I used to buy the shampoo & serum at CVS... Hmmm... maybe WalMart has it for less... :scratchch

I use the UBH creme moisturizer, daily. its the only product on the market that doesnt' contain mineral oil, NOR protein. so it softens and not hardens the hair (like adding protein or mineral oil). If u dont want to pay the money (i know the feeling). I have started using Elasta QP Recovery Oil moisturizer, daily. It works just the same...it is a tad bit more oilier though. so use it sparingly. it does not weigh the hair down.

I have used the NTM as a leave-in and a daily moisturizer. It DID NOT work for me....my hair felt very very dry.

Maybe i'll try the keracare headdress if it doesn't contain mineral oil and too much protein...

Mizani_Mrs said:
I use the UBH creme moisturizer, daily. its the only product on the market that doesnt' contain mineral oil, NOR protein. so it softens and not hardens the hair (like adding protein or mineral oil). If u dont want to pay the money (i know the feeling). I have started using Elasta QP Recovery Oil moisturizer, daily. It works just the same...it is a tad bit more oilier though. so use it sparingly. it does not weigh the hair down.

I have used the NTM as a leave-in and a daily moisturizer. It DID NOT work for me....my hair felt very very dry. This didnt work for me either.

Maybe i'll try the keracare headdress if it doesn't contain mineral oil and too much protein...
It does contain mineral oil. This product seemed to be to heavy for my hair.

Lindy said:
Where are you all finding the NTM?? I know I used to buy the shampoo & serum at CVS... Hmmm... maybe WalMart has it for less... :scratchch

I picked it up from Wal-Mart.

Hey Lindy, Glad to see old hairtwin posting again WELCOME back.
I tried the NTM silk touch leave in and I just dont like it as much as the UBH moisturizer I keep going back to it.
Unfornately I have not found a moisturizer that compares to the UBH mositurizer.

MsNadi said:
My Favorite: ABBA Nourishing Leave-In (sold at some supermarkets). $7.99 for 12 ounces. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Use it on dry hair. Use it on wet hair. Use it on damp hair. Use it to smooth down out-of-control hair.

cosign - I recently purchased the liter at Ulta for $13 on sale.

HEY LABETT!! :wave:

I may break down and buy that UBH again one of these days... :look: I'm going back to the BSS store in an hour to look for that Elasta QP Oil Moisturizer first though!! :lol: Sounds like it's worth a try!!... and I actually don't mind that it's oilier than the UBH because I always had to add a little oil to the UBH anyway... :yep: Thanks to the poster who recommended the Elasta... ;)

cosigning w/ Dee on the Mizan & ORS,these are the 2 I use when wearing my hair down. That Silk Elements does sound tempting though;)

Your hair looks nice in your picture Msshic! It looks very thick and healthy!! :yep: That's the style I wear my hair in most of the time... :)

msshic said:
cosigning w/ Dee on the Mizan & ORS,these are the 2 I use when wearing my hair down. That Silk Elements does sound tempting though;)
Me too on the ORS. I can't use a moisturizer daily because it weighs my hair down and causes breakage. So I've been sampling different ones on my hair while wet and it is day 4 since I used the ORS and my hair is still moist and tomorrow is wash day.

I found the Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer and I bought it cuz it was only $3.29!! FYI, it does contain Mineral Oil, but it's way down on the list of ingredients so it may be okay... I'm just going to use it sparingly for shine anyway...

yea it does, but like you said its waaaaay down the list. use it...it's very light, if you like UBH then you'll love this. they feel the same, on the hair...

Lindy said:
I found the Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer and I bought it cuz it was only $3.29!! FYI, it does contain Mineral Oil, but it's way down on the list of ingredients so it may be okay... I'm just going to use it sparingly for shine anyway...

Lindy said:
Your hair looks nice in your picture Msshic! It looks very thick and healthy!! :yep: That's the style I wear my hair in most of the time... :)

Oh, thanks girlie! I love this style too.

Back