Natuural..how do u wear ur hair during cold months?

doesnt get cold here (its 95 deg on Xmas) but when it gets windy I'll wear twists in some sort of updo and hope that they last more than a week

Last winter I wore wash n gos and diffused. Too cold for wet hair here, and I ride my bike to work/school so even damp hair won't cut it.

Any naturals retain growth that way? I wasn't really paying attention...not sure if I need to re-think things.

braids extension all winter long!!!!!!!!!!! I will get them redone every 4 weeks .I will take a break of 1 week in between and on those off week I will rock a TAM hat yezzzur!!!! I plan on wearing a silk scarf over my braids because the cold winter up in Montreal is NO JOKE! those -45C DAYS ARE AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Last edited:
I plan on getting blow outs every 8 weeks.

leaving it in for 4-6 weeks (no washing) then taking it out for 2-4 weeks and during that time i will wash at night and braid, out or shingling, coil out till dry the next day. so mostly straight but when its natural i will make sure to give it a good DC my hair likes sarlem wheat germ.

this past winter i did alot of wash and go's had it blown out 2wice.. I feel like wash and go's are too hard on my hair tho in the cold months and it does best when its straight.

pic of my last blow out in may:
Photo136-vi.jpg

Well this will be my first winter natural, so I don't know how it will like the weather. However, I'm pretty sure I will just stick with my current routine, except maybe less wash n gos as I don't like wet head when it's cold outside.

Back