Natuural..how do u wear ur hair during cold months?

Same as I do during the warmer months, twists and updo's. The summer sun scorches and dries out my ends, and the winter wind just dries them out. :nono: My hair ain't all about weather - the only thing it likes is humidity! :lol:

this is my first time natural
so i will be wearing protective styles such as braids maybe a wig,twists, sew in etc.
i might get a few flat irons between sept and Dec to see length

but no wash and gos:nono:

comb coil sets, flexi-rod sets, twist and I'll probably get it straightened in January or February.

this is my first time natural
so i will be wearing protective styles such as braids maybe a wig,twists, sew in etc.
i might get a few flat irons between sept and Dec to see length

but no wash and gos:nono:

I want to wear sew in as well however im unsure about caring for my hair under it:perplexed any tips?

I wear my hair the same way all year round - OUT. As long as I keep it moisturized there are no problems.

Jada u wear wash in go's all year around? Do you use a diffuser to dry your hair before you leave home?

Jada u wear wash in go's all year around? Do you use a diffuser to dry your hair before you leave home?

I diffuse it just enough to stop the drippies and make it damp. I live in LA, so it doesn't get THAT cold. I guess if I lived in a cold city I'd have to try different styling options, but they would still result in my hair being worn OUT. I don't like controlled styles. The whole reason I went natural was so that I could get big hair one day.

ETA: I don't wash my hair EVERYDAY. Mostly two or three times a week.

winter is my special time for frequent flat-ironing (1-2x a month is frequent for me) due to low humidity. Other than that it's my usual bun.

I'll be wearing a lot of head wraps. I've been practicing w/ a bunch of different, colorful fabrics. When I wrap my head, I'll mostly wear my hair in twists.

I'll probably alternate the headwraps with braids w/o extensions. I'm trying to do styles that don't require a lot of manipulation, are easy to keep moisturized, and that will allow me to maintain and gain length during the colder months.

I normally flat iron in the winter since there's no humidity. Probably twice a month or so. When it's not like that, it's probably in a bun.

Canerow extensions, braided extentions, kinky twists and natural twists. I will be protectively styling all winter long.

CAP AND GO (See fotki journals).

With ten minutes spent under the hooded dryer to get things pretty dry before leaving the house.

I may do it straight a little more...actually enjoy it you know? I've just got to get my straightening process together...

This'll be my second winter natural. How cool! Uh, I'm trying to learn new styles and switch it up, but this WILL be my first winter in cooooold weather, so I'll try my best to keep the scarves/wool away from my ends and keep my hair moisturized.

Probably twists, braids, and other combination styles.

It's BAU for me (business as usual) in the winter months. Braids, twists, buns, & I don't hesitate to wear a wrap on those extra cold days....of course I DC under the wrap:grin:

I'm also planning my annual flat iron to truly check my length & i'm sooo excited about that.

I plan on doing Bantu knots and twists. This is technically my first year styling my hair in the Winter time; last year I only had an inch of hair.

Last year I just wore it in ponytails and buns....not much growth in this cold Boston weather :( This year I am wearing a half wig or a black satin scarf all school year. I may get a lace front second semester

I do the same thing year round, sometimes I rock protective styels, sometimes I don't and I still cowash whenever I want, just have to do it at night to give my hair time to dry. As long as I moisturize properly, I'm good.

Back