Naturals with short hair: is second day hair possible

pinkchocolatedaisy

If so, how do you achieve it? My hair isn't very long but I'm not exaxtly in the TWA stage either. I can't seem to rock a WnG look or even a braidout two days in a row without re-wetting my hair.

Is it just impossible with my length?

Ok he
kinkycurly-vi.jpg
re's a photo of my hair

Have you tried KCCC? You probably just need somethng with a little more hold. My daughter has 4A and she does not take care of her hair and comes out of her silk wraps at night and it will lasts for at least 3 days. When it starts to "fall", I will use barrettes and headbands to mask it for a few more days. So if you can mange to take care of it, it may lasts a few more days.

As far as braids outs and twist outs are concerned, you can really do those every night as long as you keep the sections really big. It should not take you more than 15 minutes in front of the TV watching your fav program before bed. Somebody posted the link here for the curly fro and it took her like 5 minutes are something. I just found the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9762o4a4vhA&feature=related

Once my hair got beyond the six inch mark, which is still really short considering shrinkage, I was able to go without wetting my hair. You just have to use a really strong product. Something like KCCC or whatever they call it. I always used leave-ins like Elixer by Aveda (now discontinued) and Giovanni Direct with a light liquid gel or something. My hair may be a little crunchy for the first few hours or day but the next 2 or 3 days were heavenly. Get a silk pillowcase so you don't cruch your hair with a scarf.

2nd (3rd, 4th, and sometimes 5th) day hair is possible with defined twistouts. You have to start out with a good twist set. I put in small twists with shea butter, condish, and oil on wet hair. Leave them in for a few days. Then unleash the twistout. No need to re-wet.

But these days, I'm switching to more protective styling.

KCCC is the product for me. For now, I just very lightly mist with water and for uber curls, I also spritz Garnier fructis curl gel. It has to be the KCCC, because the GF gel did nothing for my hair when I tried to use it alone.:lachen::rolleyes:

It never worked for me I either had to retwist or redesign my hair. It doesn't bother me at all. Right now I just wear it up so all I have to do is decided if I am going to curl the front or lay it flat.

I generally keep my hair cut short, rarely longer than 3 or 4 inches. I don't ever re-wet my hair. It just makes my hair nap up (shrinkage/frizz), I just use a leave-in conditioner or moisturizer everyday and palm roll it.

what is kccc?
Kinky Curly Curling Custard

As for me, I'm able to achieve 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th day hair using the same method loolahlooh has posted but on dry stretched hair.

I'm also able to achieve 2nd and 3rd day hair when doing WnG's by moisturizing my hair and then sealing with an oil,(namely coconut oil, but lately have been using castor oil), then baggie my whole head while it's still damp. When going to bed, I just slap the baggie back on my head and go to sleep (remember the jherri curl days) and take it off in the morning. Nothing needs to be done except to just fluff it and go. For some reason, the baggie sort of traps the moisture in my hair I guess from body heat, because it tends to be really soft once I take it off. No re-wetting at all needed when I do it this way.

I agree you definitly need a good product like KCCC. I'll usually wear a wash n go one day, then puff it in a puff the next day and wear that puff for several days. Probably because I don't sleep much on that part of my hair.

I have got to getsome KCCC because I have to rewet my hair everyday. Generally I will put some Aloe Vera gel or leave in conditioner in it when I rewet it. I do my twist outs with healthy hair butter by Carols Daughter. It will last a couple of days if I leave it twisted for a more than one day or sit under th dryer and dry my twists.

im really considering getting sum KCCC because i can never get 2nd day hair unless i dont sleep at night lol

BTW KCcurly your hair is really growing! i love it!

Thanks for all your replies ladies! Well I must be doing something wrong b/c I use KCCC+KT (I love it! that is what I used in the pic I posted at the beginning of this thread) But I got up the next day and my hair was smahed on one side of my head. I try spritzing with water and fluffing it but it just made my hair look frizzy :wallbash:

I will def have to check out these links/methods you posted.

Do you use a Denman brush? How is your application? You cannot be sloppy with the KCCC. It is best to do small sections on wet hair. Make sure you saturate the hair from roots to tips with the custard. Than brush through the section with the Denman. Let the hair COMPLETLY DRY before putting any pressure on your head. That means you have to do it early in the day.

Back