Naturals who rollerset! Get in here!

clarity2008

Do you ever airdry your rollerset?? How long does it take??
If you don't airdry, what type of dryer do you use and how long??

I just got my first rollerset and dominican blowout (I also got a trim)and I am in love!!!

:yay:

I'll post pics tonight when I get home.

Yes..but it didn't turn out quite as smooth as when I sit under the dryer. When I combed the curls out, it puffed up rather quickly

I hate airdrying rollersets.Like kblc said it doesn't dry as smooth.I use the pibbs or a table top dryer for 1.5 hr

I never airdry rollersets, they always come out way too frizzy and it took nearly 3 (almost 4) hours for my hair to completely dry. I always use my bonnet dryer and I make small ponytails to keep the roots straight.

like they said. heat smoothes everything out. i use my pink ion bonnet dryer which will do till i can afford a pibbs. takes a little over an hour.

I airdry my rollerset (flexi-rods) when I want to stretch my hair, without heat, for twists. It's usually an overnight process.

I roller set and air dry my hair pretty often. Depending on the amount of rollers I use it takes about 12-14 hours to dry.

I airdry from time to time using extra large magnetic rollers and it takes appr 5 hours

But most of the time I use mesh rollers and I dry under a hood dryer - very similar to Pibbs - and it takes slightly over 1 and half hour at 60° (close to max setting) - very hot

I have yet to perfect the regular rollerset on my 4a/b hair for more than just stretching for big puffs or dry twists, but Im getting pretty good at the curlformer set. I just added some pics to my fotki. The latest are in the 3rd quarter folder, but I think I have some in my 2nd quarter folder as well. I was inspired by zzirving's ponytail rollerset so i'll probably try that soon.

Do you ever airdry your rollerset?? How long does it take??
If you don't airdry, what type of dryer do you use and how long??

I just got my first rollerset and dominican blowout (I also got a trim)and I am in love!!!

:yay:

I'll post pics tonight when I get home.
Where are the pics?

Where are the pics?

Yes...where r the pics? :grin:

I have only rollerset my hair one time...but I did not airdry and could not ever imagine airdrying a rollerset with all this hair...it would probably take 2 days to dry completely, especially now that the weather is cooling off :look:

I have a Revlon handheld 1875 watt ionic dryer. I was going to purchase a soft bonnet dryer, but instead I bought one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YIIS5M?smid=AMIOJQB6NS03W&tag=dealtime-hpc-20&linkCode=asn

....I attached it to my handheld Revlon and it worked just fine for me for the first rollerset I ever did (info about that posted here: http://public.fotki.com/shortiedowop/hair_album/that_was_then/my-first-rollerset!/ )

It took about an hour and 45 minutes to dry. And that was with me taking off the dryer like 3 times to go into different rooms, so it would have probably been even less time, had I sat still and been patient, lol :lachen:

Back