Naturals who pull their hair back....

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
whether you put it in puffs, pony tails or whatever....what do you use to smooth down your hair and keep the little stray hairs from sticking up?

When I do it my hair is damp. I smooth it back and tie a silk scarf around it for a little while. Then I remove the scarf and wah-laa it's nice and smooth. I try not to deal with too many products. ;)

965yt.png

boar bristle brush....

spritz of water...

silk rag...

elasta qp glaze, lets jam (strongest hold), or smooth n shine (strongest hold)

lightly spritz with water...slap on gel....then brush....slap on scarf for about 10 mins...

fly out the door...

JCoily said:
toothbrush + gel + scarf = tamed edges - stumbled upon it last month - see my album.

I do exactly the same as JCoily. The only thing I may do first is wet my hair with water.

Place phhb over head(it sits on neck looking like a choker)Wet hair, rub coconut oil or shea butter through it. Brush it up(w/ my head hanging upside down). I cut head bands from pantyhose(phhb) and pull it up. Let it air dry, maybe tying another scarf round it to smooth it down. Done! You then get the puff in the small avatar :)

Oooh thanks for asking this question! I was looking for something that would tame my strays. Off to buy more stuff ! :grin:

Well, I'm gonna agree with everyone else. I've used all those (Fantasia w/aloe and sparkelites is my fave) the thing is to use the product on damp hair, brush then scarf. It won't work as well if your hair is bone dry.

Loonatick and Catsuga, I will def have to try that Fantasia. :yep:

I have natural hair that won't tame right either. So at night I use S-Curl Activator Styling Gel (blue & grey jar), Let's Jam Maxium Hold, & Kenra hairspray. I place a stocking cap on my head and sit under the dryer for 1 hour. I do this all at night. Now this process is only for special occastions or going out. :grin:

But during the week I use Let's Jam Maxium Hold Gel with a scarf on.

nurseN98 said:
Well, I'm gonna agree with everyone else. I've used all those (Fantasia w/aloe and sparkelites is my fave) the thing is to use the product on damp hair, brush then scarf. It won't work as well if your hair is bone dry.

I agree except I don't use a brush.

I use a watery leave-in (Biolage generic) mixed with oil every day---so leave in, and then Citrishine Curl booster, or world of curls around the edges, and I wear a scarf for the night, and I'm ready the next day. I've tried just wetting my hair with water and using a scarf for about 10 minutes, and that works if I'm in a hurry; however, I'd rather use products because my hair swells with humidity, and we have plenty of that here. I generally do not use a brush. I just smooth my hair back with my hands, which works fine if my hair is fairly wet.

I put some citreshine making waves curl booster gel on my hair while it's damp, smooth back w/ my kcutter and then tye down with a cristina scarf.

Most Leave-In Conditioners that are kinda thick will help to lay down, like Target had some African Royale Mayonaise (or something like that) for $.98 about a 3 weeks ago, needless to say I used that stuff up and it slicked my hair back good, loved it, but I love Fantasia Ice Pommade, that stuff works wonders and Dudley's has a wave and curling wax that is great, but it's hard to find.

Back