naturals who press

CICI24

I'm natural and have been wearing my hair in its natural state since I first went natural 1 year and 8 months ago. My hair seems to be growing slower than when i was relaxed. I don't seem to retain length very well except for the hair on the top of my head. I am a mixture of 4a and 3c, the 3c hair has grown as much as 2 inches in a month during the summer while the 4a in the back has grown approx. 2.5 inches since April 7 of this year. I would sometimes stay at the same lenght for 4 months. I have been trying Mr.John's regimen for a little over a week now and I already see 1/2 inch of growth in the back and I am retaining length better now that it is straight. I want to know if some of you have had improved hair growth since straightening?

I prefer to press because when I have natural hair it gets too nappy and I end up wrecking it tryng to detangle it everynight. Also I am able to actually keep a closer eye on the health of the hair (the ends esp.)Now I know I can't press/curl everyday---but I do it once/month and wrap in-between.

Back