NATURALS, what's your SHRINKAGE like?

What's your shrinkage percentage (of your actual hair length)?

• My hair shrinks to show about 80-70% of my actual length -- Just a LITTLE

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • 50-40% of my acutal length -- About HALF

Votes: 85 49.7%
  • 30-20% of my actual length -- A LOT

Votes: 63 36.8%
  • None - I don't experience shrinkage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bwahahaha @ 200% :lachen: Iris, you really need to put down the pipe and the bottle. You are a riot. :lol:

:grin:girl I aint playing though, fully dry no product it shrinks to to above my shoulder in a big mass of hair!

:lol: You're so silly! That'd make it about 80% or more. 200% would be more like your scalp protruding heavenward having swallowed all you hair. :lachen: :lachen:

Hair = Ear length dry, shoulder length wet, BSL straight.

in not bsl, i'm apl, but my shrinkage is very similiar.

shrinkage2.jpg

Most of my hair is 4a/b and it shows about 30% of my length when in the shrunken state. My 3c hair which is on the top, sides, front and very back shows about 50-60% of my length in the shrunken state.

I'm so happy you guys share in my shrinkage woes. I'll show you guys step by step of what I go through on straightening days, lol.

This is out of the shower before air gets to it
shrinkage1.jpg

After air drying, and slightly damp
shrinkage2.jpg

Yes, even after blowdrying, shrinkage is resistant
shrinkage3.jpg

Immediately after straightening
shrinkage4.jpg

my hair dried is at the top of my neck by the nape area. crazy, but I love it sometimes.

My hair shrinks about 50% of its length... It looks like I cut it literally, but I remediate to that problem without any heat. I just let my hair dry with flexirods and it's stretched out which makes it easier for me to deal with. If I let my hair air-dry, it's like asking for trouble. I did that twice when my hair was just 3 inches long and I had to wash it again to be able to style it...

Somewhere between 50-60%. I start to gain back length if I get 2nd and 3rd day hair. I notice the wash & go shrinkage more now that I'm mostly doing twist and curl. T&C shrinkage is not so radical, maybe 30% and I twist from soaking wet. I'm measuring shrinkage unstretched to unstretched. I don't meausure my hair stretched.

My hair shrinks a lot when I took it down the other day I was afraid I didn't make any progress but it's a little bit longer...About 30% of it's length

I"m not really good with percentages, but my hair is almost at the shoulder and went its wet it looks like a baby sheeps A$$! :lachen:

I think I voted wrong. My hair shrinks to a twa if left unmanipulated so that's why I always wear it stretched. I'm around collarbone so a little more than half. That and the tangles are really not worth attempting a wash and go. I don't really mind but my bangs that I've been growing out with no luck shrink to that awful in between stage.

The hair near the front and sides of my head shrinks 20-30% while hair at my crown and back half of my head shrinks 40-50%.:look:

Back