Naturals- What would you do: Relax or Chop it off?

Bublingbrownsuga....Just want you to know you are one of my natural idols. I understand your fustration, but I haven't been pushed yet to the point of wanting to relax:nono: I get fustrated with knots all the time when I wear it natural. Because of that I have been keeping it pressed a lot lately. The key to keeping the press as long as possible is wrapping your hair. I thought I knew how to wrap hair,until I watched how macherie does it on her website www.naturaltextures.com . That's when I realised I didn't know what the heck I was doing:lol: She has a great tutorial on how to wrap. I have realised that my presses stay a lot longer when I wrap before going to bed. HTH:)

www.healthytextures.com :yep:

Have you tried sew-in weaves or half wigs? These are what helped me since 2006 until Jan 2008. I left my hair alone to grow, and it sure did grow a lot, much more than if I had continued to mess with flat irons, combs, and doing a lot of product experimenting.

Also, I can show you a WHOLE lot of messed-up pics of my flat twists, braid-outs, and twist outs from years ago. I really had to work at perfecting it, and I did. Twists really are my signature style, and I didn't get there overnight. But at the same time, if you're just generally not interested with styling your own hair, I say find a professional that you can commit to once or twice a month. Sometimes, we need to leave the styling to others. Your hair would look so nice in some twists (braided at the base to stay in longer)... and I'm sure your hair could rock some twist-outs and braid-outs. At the same time, the shape of your face would also look cute with short hair. You really have to think if you're not ready for a cut, try hiding your hair or getting it professionally done. Good luck :-)

Bublingbrownsuga....Just want you to know you are one of my natural idols. I understand your fustration, but I haven't been pushed yet to the point of wanting to relax:nono: I get fustrated with knots all the time when I wear it natural. Because of that I have been keeping it pressed a lot lately. The key to keeping the press as long as possible is wrapping your hair. I thought I knew how to wrap hair,until I watched how macherie does it on her website www.naturaltextures.com . That's when I realised I didn't know what the heck I was doing:lol: She has a great tutorial on how to wrap. I have realised that my presses stay a lot longer when I wrap before going to bed. HTH:)

Also, if your working out frequently, keep your hair wrapped while you work out, shower, etc. wait until it dries, and then take you wrap down. I find that this helps to keep my hair from reverting as well :yep:.

Hello Pretty Ones!

Just wanted you to update you all on what's going on. Last night, I washed, conditioned and braided my hair in 4 plaits. Instead of using Elucence Moisture Balance Conditoner, I just used a hair 'grease' and proceeded to plait. I took some scissors and chopped of about 1/2 inch from the ends of the plaits. I am okay... for now:spinning:

Hello Pretty Ones!

Just wanted you to update you all on what's going on. Last night, I washed, conditioned and braided my hair in 4 plaits. Instead of using Elucence Moisture Balance Conditoner, I just used a hair 'grease' and proceeded to plait. I took some scissors and chopped of about 1/2 inch from the ends of the plaits. I am okay... for now:spinning:

Yayyyyy!!! I am so relieved!!

:happydance:

Back