Naturals - What can I buy at WalMart?

Gullahgirl

I have to admit, I've bought into the "box store" mentality and given into the convenience of places like Wal-Mart SuperCenter being the ultimate one-stop shop! Please don't hate me for killing the mom and pop stores, but a girl's gotta save a dime and I want to know something from you friends'a mine!

What do you buy for your natural hair at Wally World? (That's Wal-Mart for you not so frequent shoppers)

I bought some Pro-Styl gel. The hold works okay, but I want more sheen!
Post AWAY!

Last edited:
olive oil
shower caps
spray bottles
VO5 Moisture milk conditioners
Suave Leave-ins
snag-free headbands and pony-tail holders
Wide tooth combs

i like the Cantu Sheasoft line of products....i think they carry NTM (at least mine does)....you can get all kinds of accessories....

also Lets Jam, is GREAT for smoothing your hair back into a puff.....they carry it at mind, so i have to assume its at all of them....

Girl you can buy some of those things like

plastic combs

jerri curl bags

and many other goodies from.......

THE DOLLAR "STO"

LOL, I aint playin though....

ooh yesterday i got mango butter from the lotion/body butter/body spray section they also have grape seed butter, coconut butter, shea butter and a few others the brand is Simply basic and its good for the body and the ends of the hair

Not natural, but I just gotta say that I LOVE WALMART!!! :love:
And I'm so happy that they are opening a new one less than 5 minutes from my house. I get all kinds of goodies from there.

I know! They may as well open a club in there! E'rrybody and they momma go! You know it's the:
1. after church place when you are still wearing your "I think I'm fine" dress and you kinda swish down the aisles.
2. Talk about people place - it seems like there are theme days for instance "Lettin' the crazy people out days" are Fridays and Tuesdays and I have more themes, but I've just added one, the "Couples who look like brother and sister" days. Those days vary.
3. For college folk it's the "Procrastination before study" place, you see college zombies walking around in the wee hours of the morning.

I do love me some Wal-Mart, too. I might as well buy a tent there and camp out in the beauty section!

Gullahgirl said:
I know! They may as well open a club in there! E'rrybody and they momma go! You know it's the:
1. after church place when you are still wearing your "I think I'm fine" dress and you kinda swish down the aisles.
2. Talk about people place - it seems like there are theme days for instance "Lettin' the crazy people out days" are Fridays and Tuesdays and I have more themes, but I've just added one, the "Couples who look like brother and sister" days. Those days vary.
3. For college folk it's the "Procrastination before study" place, you see college zombies walking around in the wee hours of the morning.

I do love me some Wal-Mart, too. I might as well buy a tent there and camp out in the beauty section!

:lachen: I know that's true!! I'm in college and I know I've been at Wal Mart at 1:30 in the morning!! The bad thing is, our school is about a 40 minute drive from the nearest Wal-Mart.... :look:

Does your super Wal-Mart have a salon and beauty supply? Our's does! It's called Smart Family Salon (or something like that). They carry Keracare, dudley, Paul Mitchell, and a host of other products. I think they have products that work just as well for natural hair as relaxed. :yep:

Gullahgirl said:
I know! They may as well open a club in there! E'rrybody and they momma go!

:lachen: :lachen: You are sooo right! Hell they've got a grocery store, arcade, nail salon, beauty salon, H&R Block tax services, Optometry... am I leaving anything out? Oh! A McDonald's. Yep, might as well add a club. :lachen:

Thank you all so much for your replies. I think I'll check out the VO5 stuff!
What do you do with the S-Curl no drip? Does it help with curl definition?
Please help a sista out! I'm such a haircare prude! *LOL*

WM is the only place I've seen FOTE (Fruit of the Earth) Aloe Vera Gel. Love it for my puffs, rod sets, buns, etc...smooths and gently holds my natural hair without crunch or drying....also Suave Naturals conditioners for co-washes (for a buck or less)

Netta1 said:
Girl you can buy some of those things like

plastic combs

jerri curl bags

and many other goodies from.......

THE DOLLAR "STO"

LOL, I aint playin though....

:lol: i hang out and pick up some steals too at the dolla sto... :lol: the title of this thread has my breathin labored..i loves walmart....i have gotten everything everyone has listed...my mama came over the other day and was pointin out things she wanted from my house....she said its like a store...sometimes i go to walmart 2x a day juss to browse and spend at least 20 bucks each time...i have no idea where this money is comin from either :look: :lol:

Walmart's the cheap fix for product junkies!
(I went twice this weekend, I looked at the VO5 stuff, but bought some tools for the toes-- I'm coming into this summer Ash free!)

I get my S-curl gel & s-curl moisturizer from there, castor oil, little containers to mix products in too :yep:

S-Curl No Drip
Aussie Moist Conditioner (and 3 Minute Miracle)

I don't know if anyone answered the question already, but for me S-Curl No Drip doesn't define curls, it's just an EXCELLENT moisturizer.

Is this a trick question?? I mean....you can get everything there....your shampoo, cowash conditioners, deep conditioners, Cantu shea butter leave in, coconut oil, EVOO, aloe vera gel, combs, brushes, conditioning caps, headbands, ouchless bands....

Coconut Oil
Tressume Naturals
John Frieda Daily leave
Lekair Cholestorol (sp?)
castor oil

These are the items I get from wally world

aloe vera gel (well thats what im going to get)
my suave clarifying shampoo and regualr shampoo
my herbal essences conditioners
tea tree oil (hollywoods best)
goodie hair bands

Back