Naturals That Twist...How Long Does It Take You?

Naturals: How long does it take to twist your hair?

• 0-15 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15-30 minutes

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • 30-60 minutes

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • more than one hour

Votes: 113 74.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It usually takes me from 40 minutes to an hour to twist, depending if I am distracted. I like my twist to be medium. I do not mind taking the time twisting my hair. Sometimes I will leave my twists in for a week and have a twist out for a week or I will just have a twist out just for a week and wash to avoid tangles.

How are you guys twisting so fast...an 1 hour to 3 hours, just wow. I usually take around 6+ hours for my twists. Whats going on here??

I would say 3 hours. I usually sit and watch TV when I do them which waste time when I have to fast forward thru the commercials. When I really set my mind to them I can do them (smallish) in 2.5hrs <- this is a rare occurance.

Right now I've been doing 9-15, 3 strand twists for twist outs. I'm going to try braid outs next week. When I was transitioning I would wear microbraids for braid outs.

Mine usually take about 3-4 hrs, I watch TV while i'm doing them. I don't make neat parts. I start from the back and work my way forward, I make horizontal parts and then grab and twist from there. I also don't make my twist super small either.

It gets easier as you go along. I've been known to take an entire week to twist because i'm busy ie. lazy :lachen:It also depends on how large or small your twists are. I just completed a set of mini twists that took less than 24hrs. I have 3 children & a husband that require lots of attention. My hair gets done when I have a free moment.

I do agree that it gets easier as you do it more and learn about your hair. When I first BC'd and was twisting it would take me up to 7hrs. Now I can get thru small/medium in 3hrs or less. I detangle a lot in the shower first with a ton of conditioner.

i couldnt pic from the pole because it honestly depends on what kind of twist im doing, (size and etc anywhere from 15 mins to 2 hours.)

It takes me about 1-1/2 hours unless I'm in a hurry because then I'll make them bigger. :yep:
It also depends on the style I'm looking for, but most of the time I do medium sized twists 45-1 hour and then leave them alone. :yep: I wear twists about 98% of the time. HTH

Don't worry. maymbe its cause your new to all this. It depends on hair lenth, if your used to doing it...with time you'll be faster.

I take 1 hour abd a half.

It takes me 30 minutes for large twists and about an hour for small twists. Super micro twists which i don't do often take about two hours. I am APL. When my hair was shorter it actually took longer because I did not have my technique down. Now I only comb my hair once, I fully detangle my whole head prior, and I don't make parts. That cut the time wayyy down. Also when my hair was shorter I never kept the twists in longer than over night. Now I can get more wear out of them though I still don't just wear them "out". I always pin them into a style.

Me three!lol:grin: I have been natural for about 5 plus years and it takes me about 7 plus hrs.I split it up over a couple of days.They only last two weeks ,because I live in the dirty dirty and I'm currently doing Insanity.:strong::strong::strong:

I have 82 twists in my head. It took 1.5 hours to complete :grin:

It used to take me 4 hours, and I had way less hair :wallbash:

I have been natural for 2.5 years, and I can now say that I have perfected my method!

If your hair is not completely detangled and drenched with water, it will take you longer.

Large - 1 hr - last 1 week

Medium - 2-4 hrs - last 2-3 weeks

Small - 6-8 hrs - last 4 weeks

Braids take longer, but also wear better.

I don't have alot of hair its just long.

minimum for any thing I do braids or twist if only 12 over an hour.

Last time I did more than 18 it was a 3 hour session. Twists are faster but don't last thru one wash. Braids last longer but I still have to rebraid at least weekly. NOt to discourage but I believe its because I have so much new grow at different lengths they just have to be maintained more often.:sad:

I look forward to the day when I can go several days and not have to redo them.

I know it takes me over an hour to do 30 to 40 twists. But I realized last night it takes me so long because I am applying product for each section as I go. I spritz with water, add a styler, add oil and may or may not comb. I think if I cut out all of that it probably would only take me 20 minutes.

When my hair was SL, it took me at least 3 to 4 hours to do small twists. That's still with adding product.

Back