Naturals: Liquid vs. Creamy Leave-In Conditioner/Moisturizer....

PaperClip

I read some feedback from another website suggesting that a creamy leave-in gives "bigger" fluffer hair (less defined) while a liquid leave-in will give "smaller" hair (but more defined. I believe there has to be a happy medium somewhere....

I would like to find a nice product/routine that will give nicely defined hair without much shrinkage. Don't do well with 'cones or oils. Light proteins are preferable. Even if it's something I can make at home would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

RelaxerRehab said:
I read some feedback from another website suggesting that a creamy leave-in gives "bigger" fluffer hair (less defined) while a liquid leave-in will give "smaller" hair (but more defined. I believe there has to be a happy medium somewhere....

I would like to find a nice product/routine that will give nicely defined hair without much shrinkage. Don't do well with 'cones or oils. Light proteins are preferable. Even if it's something I can make at home would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

Interesting....I didn't know that.

bumping for more responses

Hummm...I will have to experiment and see. I never use a leave in by itself anymore, but I use a creamy one mostly. (giovanni direct). I need something that will coat my hair if I want it to maintain the curlyishness (is that a word) after it dries. I can use giovanni by itself (in a ponytail-wash n goes require more stuff) if I absolutely had to, but I've been using it with the ic gel. If I were to use just a liquid I'd end up with a fro/froish puff.

RelaxerRehab said:

Thanks in advance!

Creamy works better for me. It kind of weighs my hair down and gives me curls. I was using Humectress. I'm now using the Cantu Leave In.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Creamy works better for me. It kind of weighs my hair down and gives me curls. I was using Humectress. I'm now using the Cantu Leave In.

First of all, bmoreflyygirl: your weekly hairstyle changes are great! LOL! Keep 'em guessin', girl! :)

I would GLADLY send my full jar of Cantu Leave-in to you because that stuff did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with my hair. It just sat on top and produced white specks.

It has to be the 'cones that do that, right? Grease/oil does the same thing. I really want to find a product/technique routine that works!:perplexed

bmoreflyygirl said:
Creamy works better for me... I'm now using the Cantu Leave In.

I started using this over the weekend for my buns. My hair feels soft and all that but do you notice that it has a strange smell to it? I also notice this smell in the B&B Castor Oil Moisturizer after a while it smells a little fishy! I know the Cantu smells like coco butter or shea but there is and end note of fishy-ness that I notice. Maybe I bought old product.

I think you should continue to use the leave-in and follow with a gel that can help bring out your curls.

I prefer a creamy leave-in. I use Cantu Shea Leave-in as well, and I really like it. I use very little, because you really don't need much. It doesn't give much definition, but my hair is so soft (and I think I prefer that). ;)

Back