Naturals, is "soft hair" relative?

Kay.Dee

I read about people saying when their friends touch their hair they gush over how soft it feels.
If someone were to touch my hair, I'm not sure if the word soft would come to mind :look:.
I used to buy things in hope that it will reach some other level of softness.

But I think it's soft. Because I know what my neglected dry hair actually feels like. I think I've been comparing my hair to others when they may not have the same hair texture (not necessarily hair type),
I have coarse hair and I think I'm officially done with searching for a magical product to make it even softer (if it was ever possible).

Any other naturals have this problem with obtaining soft hair, or am I just walking around with dried up hair?

I read about people saying when their friends touch their hair they gush over how soft it feels.
If someone were to touch my hair, I'm not sure if the word soft would come to mind :look:.
I used to buy things in hope that it will reach some other level of softness.

But I think it's soft. Because I know what my neglected dry hair actually feels like. I think I've been comparing my hair to others when they may not have the same hair texture (not necessarily hair type),
I have coarse hair and I think I'm officially done with searching for a magical product to make it even softer (if it was ever possible).

Any other naturals have this problem with obtaining soft hair, or am I just walking around with dried up hair?

Yes, I think soft hair is relative and the bolded is exactly why. I know that my hair is soft because I know what it feels like when it's dry and crackly. I've had people touch my hair and say "it's so soft" or "it feels like sponge" or all kinds of other things. It really just depends on your hair. As long as you know it's not dried out then it's fine.

I think it is relative.

I touch my hair when my hands are moisturized and then I touch my hair when my hands are dry and my hair FEELS different. Eventhough I haven't changed my hair just my hands. If that makes sense.

Also, other people touch my hair and are like "damn your hair is dry and damaged with need to cut 5"!" Then I go talk to my friend and she touches it and is like "You are lucky you have such soft healthy hair."

So I think its all relative.

TQ

yes it is relative. my hair has a certain softness to it. I was doing a friends hair and it felt EXTRA soft. I usually dont go around feeling other peoples hair so i was shocked that it felt softer than my soft. So then i began going on a never ending quest using tons of products trying to acheive that softness that she has. Now im content with my brand of softness. like others have said i know what my dry hair feel like so i can tell the diffrence.

It's gotta be -- I think my hair is hard and I cringe when people reach out to touch it, but they ALWAYS tell me how soft it is. The only time I think my hair is soft is when it's wet.

It's gotta be -- I think my hair is hard and I cringe when people reach out to touch it, but they ALWAYS tell me how soft it is. The only time I think my hair is soft is when it's wet.

Me too. Okay maybe in hindsight the question to my answer is kind of obvious :lol:, but this is the main reason why I've spent so much money on products.

Back