Naturals, I want to get my hair cut like this

cdixon

I always loved Halle Berry's hair and even though I did the BC on Aug 1st, one month ago, I really want to get my hair cut like Halle Berry's in this pic. I know this requires heat, but I want this style soooooo bad. Any naturals have hair this short? How do you wear it natural? How do I maintain it? Oh, and I don't want my hair shaved in the bank, I want it this length all around if possible. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• halle-berry-2009-hairstyle2.jpg
    halle-berry-2009-hairstyle2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 58
  • halle-berry-short-cropped-hairstyle-side-view-may-09.jpg
    halle-berry-short-cropped-hairstyle-side-view-may-09.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 48
I always loved that hairstyle on her.

Does it require heat? I would imagine you could probably get it to look like that with some gel too.

Oh i really like Halle's looks, and i do have short hair but i don't know how to use it like that. I tryed to blow dry it but not good results xD. Anyway i saw in Walmart a tiny flat iron that i think can handle my almost 2 inches.

And as my hair is that short i'm just using headbands and mousse to define the curls. If you ever get this look, let us know how it turn out

Good luck!

Yea, I want to get it in the very near future. I just hope it looks right on me, and it does require heat, but I don't know how much.

I had my hair cut very similar and I'm natural. I have 3B/3C hair and it does require heat styling and molding the hair by using a foam and sitting under the dryer. I think it could work for you depending on your hair type. It also worked better for me with shorter hair in the back because with my curl pattern and thick hair it is much smoother and lays better. Also, I realized that the style was just fine during fall/winter, but it just started to revert in the spring/summer under with the heat and humidity.

When I wear it natural I just wash it and wear it curly. I use John Freida smoothing shampoo, conditioner, and smoothing serum and Aveda Be Curly products. I just kind of have a wash and go style.

Last edited:
I dont know my hairtype, but I know this will require some styling with heat? How do you maintain it?

I dont know my hairtype, but I know this will require some styling with heat? How do you maintain it?

I swear by John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Thermal Protection - 1.69 fl. oz. (it's in the orange bottle, not the purple). I put some on before straightening it and then a little after. Then I put a little on at night before I go to bed and first thing in the morning. The key is to moisturize it without weighing it down too much because that will cause it to go flat and start looking less than cute. :lachen: I just tie it down at night with a silk scarf and fluff it up in the morning. If it loses it curl then I will hit it with my ceramic flat iron, but I try not to do this often. I will use those teeny tiny velcro rollers to put some curls back into it when they fall to avoid heat styling.

Also, check out my profile to see my hair when it was very short to get an idea. I'm in the process of growing it out because it required more work than I wanted to put in. I'm not good with styling very short hair.

Last edited:
Back