Naturals...I am Debating Texlaxing or Relaxing...PLEASE STOP ME!

It's so weird having a press. Either my roots are reverting and my ends are singed...or I am getting new growth and I can actually FEEL it!!!!!! Wowzers!!! My texture even looks different pressed than when I was relaxed. I don't know how to explain it, but I really, really like it!!! SO glad that I didn't relax!!!

Originally posted by LilChocolatMa
It's so weird having a press. Either my roots are reverting and my ends are singed...or I am getting new growth and I can actually FEEL it!!!!!! Wowzers!!! My texture even looks different pressed than when I was relaxed. I don't know how to explain it, but I really, really like it!!! SO glad that I didn't relax!!!

Congrats on your decision... I trip off the bold aspect of pressing my natural hair. I love feeling my new growth come in and see my new crinkly hair strands pop out of my scalp!
I'm so happy for you, :yep:'cause I know exactly how you feel. I press my hair straight; but not stringy straight, and it still has texture and body. I love to press my hair about 70% straight. That's when it feels and looks its best to me.

I felt the same way when transitioning. My pressed newgrowth was so much silkier and smoother than the texlaxed hair.

I'm glad you are happy with your decision!:grin:

I feel your pain I am new to natural hair and hte in between lenght stage is frustrating with the little tiny pony tail. I do not want o press my hair too much and I found myself putting too much heat on after I worked out. So to stop the madness I opted for a sewn in weave. If that is too far fetched try micros with human hair that you can roller set, curl etc. :nono:

Back